JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We will all know tomorrow!!!

Last minute bets being paced now lol!

LOL! True that. These speculation type threads always have a certain kind of weird fun. The eventual facts are almost always a let down. Bottom line is one has to pay-to-play, with a few pieces of paper and a couple c-notes, to enjoy the NFA world. Well, that, and these sort of things reinforce the fact that NFA34 is stunningly brainless. However, that was made manifest decades ago, so that isn't a surprise.

I'm still going with my "fired from the shoulder" theory. The person in the Shot Show video is misusing the gun. It's designed to be fired from the collarbone, not the shoulder. Once the ATF letter is released, everyone and their brother will be scrambling to get a letter too. Meanwhile Franklin makes hay while the sun shines. Once everyone is making collarbone Firearms, the concept of Rifle and SBR becomes moot, and the Reformation is complete. :)

LOL! True that. These speculation type threads always have a certain kind of weird fun. The eventual facts are almost always a let down. Bottom line is one has to pay-to-play, with a few pieces of paper and a couple c-notes, to enjoy the NFA world. Well, that, and these sort of things reinforce the fact that NFA34 is stunningly brainless. However, that was made manifest decades ago, so that isn't a surprise.

For some (many?) it is not the cost or even the wait, it is the idea of being higher up on a "list".

There is appeal to me for some loopholes in that I am not on the NFA registry and maybe even that I could apply the loophole to an 80% lower firearm.

If they're sticking to the Binary Trigger setup its likely going to have to be a smooth bore of sorts . I'm thinking maybe the muzzle device they have on there is rifled like you'd find on a shotgun rifled choke to at least get the bullet spinning a little.

Oh , the anticipation. This is going to be as good as the last episode of Lost. o_O

Franklin Armory's Reformation Revealed | RECOIL

This article claims there is rifling, but it is straight with no twist, so the rifle is limited to about 100 yards, maybe a little more?

I do not recall the law saying anything about the rifling must have a twist, but maybe that is implicit?

Apparently the target audience is CQB with .300 Blackout.

If this is true, I am not particularly interested - although, if it was in something like .458 SOCOM where it challenges a shotgun with slugs, and even then, I think I would prefer a bullpup shotgun for my personal situation.

I would just as soon have an AR/AK "pistol" with a "brace" and not lose the capability of shooting accurately beyond 100 yards.

The good thing about it is more manufactures will produce straight rifled barrels now.

Then people will start making there own.

I'm in still until accuracy results show it's useless. Until then I think it is still pretty cool.

They're saying 3-4 inch groups at 100 yards. Kind of like shooting an AK. I really dont see that as being a deal killer although you could build 2 SBR's with tax for what they want for that abortion.

I'm not concerned about their pricing.

I'll wait until Palmetto or Aim produce a straight rifled barrel.

Or better yet a pistol caliber barrel with straight rifled bore using some ARX ammo.

Folks this literally opens the flood gates for all sorts of new stuff.

It's looking like a niche gun to me. They intend for it to mainly fire 300BLK and probably subs at that. If that's the case, 50-100 yard range with min of man accuracy is prob ok. I also see it for those living in states that don't allow SBRs or those that don't want the stamp. The specialty "football" ammo seems a bit far for me to follow. It's not going to be cheap and likely won't be able to reload for it. What if it never catches on? It will be interesting to follow and see what develops with it. I do admit, it does present an interesting proposition for a PCC. In the mean time, I'll shoulder a pistol with a KAK brace while waiting for my stamp and keep my reloading operation as is.

I'm definitely interested in seeing some accuracy footage.

That would seal this ideas fate. Which this is, it is just a clever idea.

Most here keep saying this manufacturers gun is too expensive, but fail to realize the patent the issued was on the projectile.

That leaves other companies open to make there own. Since it is just a barrel swap, you could make your own for a lot less.

I wouldn't discard this one just yet. Let it play out a bit first.

Ive got a half dozen SBR's. At this point with all the options available such as "AR" pistols and even goofy stuff like non rifled barrels I wont bother doing another SBR.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top