Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Loaded gun, left in Tillamook theater, found by seventh-graders

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by civilian75, Dec 20, 2012.

1. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Loaded gun, left in Tillamook theater, found by seventh-graders | OregonLive.com
    * More ammunition for the gun grabbers :(
    * One cannot stress enough the importance of CC-ing with a proper holster!!
    * Thanks to the parent/relatives of this seventh grader who taught his kid about firearm safety.

2. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Its a fear of mine to have it fall out and forget it somewhere. It would be unlikely with an IWB holster and a shirt tucked over it. it would have to somehow slip out and run down the inside of my pants without noticing it. Still, I'm paranoid about it :)

3. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

And this is another reason why EDUCATING kids, ALL KIDS, about safe firearm handling is important. But "educators" have the mistaken belief that educating kids about firearms would lead to more, rather than less, incidents. If they'd just take the mystery away, the odds are much greater that kids wouldn't bring guns to school, accidentally (or purposefully) shoot their classmates, etc. But again, the "educators" have the same delusions about Gun Free Zones.

4. just dan

just dan PDX Active Member

i doubt it'll get more than a passing mention in the news; no gore? no maiming? no death and destruction? pffft, that's not good for ratings! nobody harmed.

the kids; good job! "there's a gun. let's turn it in." their parents did a good job.

now, the guy who dropped his pistol and didn't realize it; carrying a weapon is a responsibility.

5. dieselben47

dieselben47 yamhill/mcminnville Member

Im glad that the kids that found it were responsible and did the right thing! On a side note why cant i ever just find a gun under my seat?

6. civilian75

A month ago, maybe. Now, don't think so. I actually, caught it on Oregonian's front page. Me thinks any bad press helps the Gun Grabber agenda.

Me thinks it is good to be "discretely" paranoid about your gun's whereabouts at all times.

Jasonsan and (deleted member) like this.
  7. cueball1214

cueball1214 Beaverton Active Member

I think it is very important to tech kids if you find one, leave it. There are many times police chase criminals and they toss a gun on the side or the road. Don't touch it and get a parent or adult!. Nice job to the parents for teaching them.... could have turned out much worse!
    What i want to know is how long it took this guy to figure out his gun was gone... the first thing he should have done was call and tell the movie theater. Second... don't wait all day to go down there. the kids found it wed morning so he must have lost it the night before or even earlier then that!

rocky3 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. just dan

just dan PDX Active Member

hopefully it doesn't make national coverage... damnit.

i find it easy to be discretely aware of where mine is... jabbing me in the kidney to some level of discomfort :)

9. nwdrifter

nwdrifter troutdale oregon Active Member

just saw it on CNN but they said nothing about it was a CCW just that they were looking for the owner.

10. cueball1214

cueball1214 Beaverton Active Member

stupid.jpg

stupid.jpg

11. civilian75

I'd say over-confident. The main learning here is to make sure we CC our firearm in a holster with good retention. I suspect the 61 year old former CHL carried on his coat pocket. Probably worked for him for many years, that is, until yesterday. Now he won't be able to get to try good options; not legally, that is.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

A life is like a box of chocolates

13. SturgeonSlayer

SturgeonSlayer St.Helens Active Member

they just came out with a news flash a 61 year old man came forward to claim it was his. now back to my Blazer game !

14. Cheesemaker

Cheesemaker Tillamook Active Member

Yeah, I know Gary Quakenbush, and he's a little odd. And for the worst part is that he is a licensed gun dealer!!

15. IheartGUNS

IheartGUNS WaCo Well-Known Member

Just saw on the news and he got his ccw revoked...

16. M67

M67 NW Oregon Active Member

Just sayin, I could make a looong list of police officers who have lost a firearm in a restroom, etc..

n16ht5, RB87, darkminstrel and 3 others like this.
  17. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

18. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

Hate to say it but the guy should have called the cops.

19. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

No, that can't be possible since they are way more trustworthy that us ordinary citizens and are the only ones who should have guns. <sarcasm off>

20. Adam12

Adam12 Oregon Active Member

Lost his chl? Good. Charges? I'm just not feelin it.