JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bedroom safe has everything in condition 1. Safe is fingerprint activated. I can go from a dead sleep to firing in about 6 seconds. Everything else is condition 4. My tactical vest carries 280 rounds of 5.56. It hangs next to the big safe.

Pistols all have loaded mags in them. Putting mags in the rifles takes up too much space so loaded mags are stacked on a shelf.

Most people store long guns muzzle up, wouldn't that be kind of a bad idea if it was ready to rock? Asking for a ND in a panic situation.
That does not deter me from loading magazines in all my AR's with an open chamber.
That is just one of my many exercises I use to train for different scenarios of self defense at home. I use dummy rounds during accessing guns from their locations and room clearing exercises.
Most are content with just range training and don't go the extra mile.
Be safe and be prepared.

Old thread....
Speaking of old...
If you store a muzzle loading firearm loaded...
It may be wise to thread a red patch / piece of cloth between the ram rod and barrel / stock near the muzzle as a reminder.
Andy

Last Edited:
I've never kept a loaded firearm in a safe. Too easy for it to be forgotten.

If I drop dead, somebody else is gonna be handling them. In that case, the next person handling may not have read the NRA gun handling rules. I've drilled in to my grandson that when you first pick up a firearm, the first thing you do is check to see if it's loaded. But he doesn't have the combination to the safe.

I have loaded magazines handy to two of the rifles and one pistol, but not in the guns.

If I had to access the guns in the safe quickly, first I'd have to do the combination sequence and open the door. So there is already delay built into the process. If you think you should need a loaded gun that quickly, best not to leave it in a safe.

It risith from the dead....
No wonder I hadnt commented in this thread it was dead before I joined.........

Only some loaded but not chambered except maybe for a revolver or two. What can I say I'm lazy and don't like to load mags when I get a wild hair and decide to go outside and rattle off a few rounds.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top