JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Short of digging in the pile.. I can remember having: BLR .308- bought new 1972. Marched into my LGS and announced that I wanted a "hog hunting rifle".. the friendly salesman (who sold me a lot of firearms back in the day) said "Let me whip this thing out" and produced a brand-spankin new Browning Lever Rifle, made in Belgium. Bought it on the spot in spite of the incredible price. Glad I bought an extra magazine for it too..:eek:
An early Interarms Rossi Puma model 92 in .44mag which also handles .44spec no problem. This was purchased back in the Cliton gun-grab years as a make-do assault rifle in case it became necessary to bury some of my defensive rifles. In the event that wasnt needful but I like the carbine and kept it and handload some spicy .44mags for it. It goes with a western-style .44 in my selection, otherwise really no earthly use for it.
A pre-safety Marlin 336 straight-stock in .30-30.. Bought it a few years ago used when marlin switched to the "safety". Wanted it just cuz.. don't really "need" it but I like it a lot and have squirreled away some ammo for it in 150 and 170 gr. I was a bit "iffy" on the 150 at first but it performs satisfactorily at the range and shoots a bit flatter than the heavier bullets. Should do well on deer out to 200 yards.
There is one lever I would like to find- preferably used- a Marlin .45-70 "cowboy"- the one with the loooong barrel and magazine tube. Don't "need" it but a .45-70 would be nice to "have" and I would reload for it. Ain't it wonderful living in the !USA!:D? Pre-Remlins only need apply.
Those are the levers that spring to mind- possible there may be 1 or 2 others in the stash loosely called my "collection" but short of actually accessing and rooting thru the pile- well some of you other old;)farts know what I mean..

If you have no earthly reason for that 44 Rossi, I wonder what you would want for it, I just got a S&W M69 44mag wheel gun and want a brush gun to match it! Thanks, Stan

If you have no earthly reason for that 44 Rossi, I wonder what you would want for it, I just got a S&W M69 44mag wheel gun and want a brush gun to match it! Thanks, Stan
Stan, Im sorry if I came across as wanting to sell the Rossi, that wasnt my intention... "Brush gun" is about what it would be good for. It's a nice little carbine and Im not willing to let it go just yet.. it is a nice set with my older Uberti pre-Cattleman .44.. Lord knows I looked long enuff to find one! I believe the box and papers are here somewhere too. Kinda cool for "cowboying up" but neither one for hunting!
Thanks for expressing interest however.

Stan, Im sorry if I came across as wanting to sell the Rossi, that wasnt my intention... "Brush gun" is about what it would be good for. It's a nice little carbine and Im not willing to let it go just yet.. it is a nice set with my older Uberti pre-Cattleman .44.. Lord knows I looked long enuff to find one! I believe the box and papers are here somewhere too. Kinda cool for "cowboying up" but neither one for hunting!
Thanks for expressing interest however.

Thanks for your fast reply, Stan

I recently bought a '79 Winchester 94 in .30-.30, mfg. right before Olin/Winchester got out of the firearms business. These late 70's 94's have some CNC machined parts replacing the stamped parts of the early Post-64's. Mine is a traditional top-eject rifle without a cross-bolt safety. The action is strong and I'm very happy with it. I did research this for a few months and it was the absolute best I could do to own a piece of history within my budget.

Initially I wanted (and still want) a Model 94 in .357 mag but I cannot afford it. Hopefully Marlin is reading this thread, because I see a lot of you also want the same!

I love these two, 45/70 and .357 mag. Both JM-stamped relics :)

marlins.jpg

Last Edited:
Pulled out my lever guns and gave them some love today.
Got to wondering what others like as far as calibers and models?

All mine are 94's.
Chambered in .22 magnum, 30-30, and .375 Winchester.

What have you got? And what would you like to add?
You've got some great calibers there.
That .375 has gotten rare!
If I could add, or maybe trade, it might be a 95 Winchester in .30-40.
That could replace the .30-30 and .375 guns, although the 95 is a bit larger and heavier than the 94, so that might play into things a bit.
.30-40 is a great round and both the 180 gr. and 220 gr. loads are healthy! (2430@2360 & 2200@2365, respectively).

Dean

1873, made in 1883, .44-40. was gramps and my dads, now mine. been in the family since at least 1920.
Win_1873_001.jpg

have a Miroku-Winchester of the same on order.

and a Marlin .30-30
Marlin3030scoped.jpg

Pulled out my lever guns and gave them some love today.
Got to wondering what others like as far as calibers and models?

All mine are 94's.
Chambered in .22 magnum, 30-30, and .375 Winchester.

What have you got? And what would you like to add?
My favorite gun ever was the Model '94 .22 LR my grandad passed down to me when I was about 10. I made one of my biggest mistakes selling it to GI JOES in Gresham years ago. The guy must have seen me coming when he low balled me in my time of need. Man, I would love to get that one back. Such a great rifle.

I owned a few lever action rifles...
The last two that I owned / own are :
A Marlin Model 36 in .30-30 from 1947.
( My daughter now owns this Carbine...:D )

I do own a late 1950's era Winchester Model 94 in .30-30.
The Marlin is shown below.
Andy
DSC03366.jpg

Winchester trapper 45lc
Marlin 336 30-30 X2
Winchester 94 30-30 X4
Winchester golden spike 30-30
Winchester 94 100yr 307win
Henry golden boy 17hmr
Mossberg/ store branded 22lr
Marlin 95 GGss 45/70 first yr with porting.
Ruger 96 in 22lr and 22mag
Marlin 57M 22mag
Marlin 94 357
Rossi 357
Ithaca 72 22mag basically a henry
Marlin 94 44mag

Have or have had above list and probably forgot some....... Always a good time to have some fun with or go hunting.

I only have one, an 1895SBL, but I'd like to pick up a couple more at some point.

Is it wrong that I want to put a Chuck Connors-sized loop on it?

(I probably would if I could find one.)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads