JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was watching The Last Alaskans yesterday and one of them was packing a Winchester M-1895, I don't know the caliber but it appeared to be a big bore. Since they live at fish fed grizzly central I hope it's a BIG bore!
Oh! Did I mention that I want it!

Ok....watching a later episode now, theM-95 is a .35 Winchester
I like that it has a peep sight on the back of the bolt! I've never seen one just like it!

I love my Marlin 1895 in 45/70 , but I got to say, I have a lot more fun shooting my Rossi 92 in .357 mag.

I used to have a Marlin 94 in .44mag, but I liked the 95 more so I sold it.

Also gone to time was a Browning bl.22, and a few different Henrys.

My next lever will be a 39a

I've got my dad's Pre 64 mod 94 Win that I learned to hunt with and recently bought a Henry 45-70 after sending a new Marlin back. Of course I then found a great used pre Rem Marlin 45-70 to buy from a member here so the Henry is on the block. Looking forward to adding a pistol caliber lever to the stable at some point and a 22 as well. 0E566DAC-5997-49B8-8FA9-CB7D9A451494.jpeg 6B4A4A53-F19A-4F51-8355-123F55776962.jpeg

Pulled out my lever guns and gave them some love today.
Got to wondering what others like as far as calibers and models?

All mine are 94's.
Chambered in .22 magnum, 30-30, and .375 Winchester.

What have you got? And what would you like to add?

I have a Winchester 94 45 LC, Henry 22 Mag, Henry 44 Mag, Henry All Weather 45-70 all Beautiful and my Pride and Joys. Bob

Yes Lever Guns are great. I have a few.

New Unfired Winchester 94, 30-30 in the box (purchased it when Winchester was shutting down the 94 production.) *It may never be worth much, but someone in the family will inherit it someday.
Henry NRA Gold Receiver Commemorative 22 Cal.
Marlin 336-C Older Model Year 30-30
Marlin 39-A Older Model Year 22 Cal.

Sniper 03

Over the years I've managed to collect the following lever-actions: a Winchester (pre-64') Model-94' .30-.30, Winchester 94-22M (.22 magnum), Browning (pre-86') BLR .308 w/Leupold Rifleman 3 x 9 x 40, Henry Big-Boy Classic (brass w/octagon barrel) .44 magnum, Henry Big Boy Steel .44 magnum, Henry Big Boy Steel .357 magnum, Marlin 1895G .45-70 w/3 x 9 x 40 (w/.45-70 LeverRevolution-specific reticules), and likely another one or two stashed away somewhere, somehow.

The Big Boy Classic and the BLR are my personal favorites.

A couple Model 94 in .30-30, Marlin 1895 in .45-70, a Savage 99 in .30-30 and one being built in .300 Savage.

Still need a .357 lever gun.

My first deer rifle was a Savage Model 99 I bought when I was 12. Wish I still had it! The action was smooth and quick for fast follow-up shots (which fortunately were never needed on the mulies). I hope somebody is still getting good use out of it. They did nice wood back then without charging a premium for it.

Bought a Winchester model 88 (lever action) in .308 from a pawn shop (Vines) in Portland, 1962. Paid about $60 for it.....one of the most accurate rifles I ever owned. Parted with it in 2004 when we decided to travel full-time in our motorhome. Every time I think of my stupidity for getting rid of that gun, I get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach......like NOW!

Short of digging in the pile.. I can remember having: BLR .308- bought new 1972. Marched into my LGS and announced that I wanted a "hog hunting rifle".. the friendly salesman (who sold me a lot of firearms back in the day) said "Let me whip this thing out" and produced a brand-spankin new Browning Lever Rifle, made in Belgium. Bought it on the spot in spite of the incredible price. Glad I bought an extra magazine for it too..:eek:
An early Interarms Rossi Puma model 92 in .44mag which also handles .44spec no problem. This was purchased back in the Cliton gun-grab years as a make-do assault rifle in case it became necessary to bury some of my defensive rifles. In the event that wasnt needful but I like the carbine and kept it and handload some spicy .44mags for it. It goes with a western-style .44 in my selection, otherwise really no earthly use for it.
A pre-safety Marlin 336 straight-stock in .30-30.. Bought it a few years ago used when marlin switched to the "safety". Wanted it just cuz.. don't really "need" it but I like it a lot and have squirreled away some ammo for it in 150 and 170 gr. I was a bit "iffy" on the 150 at first but it performs satisfactorily at the range and shoots a bit flatter than the heavier bullets. Should do well on deer out to 200 yards.
There is one lever I would like to find- preferably used- a Marlin .45-70 "cowboy"- the one with the loooong barrel and magazine tube. Don't "need" it but a .45-70 would be nice to "have" and I would reload for it. Ain't it wonderful living in the !USA!:D? Pre-Remlins only need apply.
Those are the levers that spring to mind- possible there may be 1 or 2 others in the stash loosely called my "collection" but short of actually accessing and rooting thru the pile- well some of you other old;)farts know what I mean..

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top