JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found a new brand at bi-mart. Really liking the 45lc from this company and they feed in the side gate like butter. Was about $5 cheaper than Federal at Sportsmans.

lever-ammo.jpg lever-ammo1.jpg

Ammo Inc has been hit or miss for me.

No problems with their 9mm, 38 or 357, but their 380 was loaded incredibly weak. Never had so much unburnt powder showering back, it was like a confetti shower. I was covered with so much unburnt powder I was flammable.

Last Edited:
Glad to see there is more ammo comming into the market. When I saw the title of this thread I thought to follow-up with another question related to a lever ammo find. Hopefully barnabus won't mind if I dovetail on this thread...
Chance buy of CCI Blazer L-SWC aluminum 44 mag 240-grain ammo. Not hollow, just flat. New in box, but must be a unicorn because can't find it on the internet or on CCI's website, so have no idea about velocity (expect it is slower, but ?). Intend to use it with a Henry lever. Should be fine, even as a semi-wadcutter, since the meplat is still quite a bit wider than the primer cavity. However, SWC is more known as revolver ammo, and will be a first for me in that lever gun, so thought I'd check the brainpower here and see if anyone can find an objection with that intended usage. Merci, thanks, gracias, спасибо.

Glad to see there is more ammo comming into the market. When I saw the title of this thread I thought to follow-up with another question related to a lever ammo find. Hopefully barnabus won't mind if I dovetail on this thread...
Chance buy of CCI Blazer L-SWC aluminum 44 mag 240-grain ammo. Not hollow, just flat. New in box, but must be a unicorn because can't find it on the internet or on CCI's website, so have no idea about velocity (expect it is slower, but ?). Intend to use it with a Henry lever. Should be fine, even as a semi-wadcutter, since the meplat is still quite a bit wider than the primer cavity. However, SWC is more known as revolver ammo, and will be a first for me in that lever gun, so thought I'd check the brainpower here and see if anyone can find an objection with that intended usage. Merci, thanks, gracias, спасибо.
I load 240 grain coated lead SWC in 44 mag at fairly mild velocity (around 1000-1100 fps) for use in several 44 mag rifles, including a henry lever action. The SWC shoulder on the projectile occasionally hangs up a bit when cycling a round from the magazine into the chamber in the lever action, requiring a little jiggle of the lever to chamber, but overall it works fine for me. I also load a 200 grain RNFP projectile and they seem to cycle more consistently in limited testing in the Henry.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews