JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If Trump pulls off a win,

He has 2.5 more months in office, win or lose. He might as well start draining the swamp NOW.

Except for bumpstock bans. Never Forget!

It's possible that just enough virtue-signalers didn't vote for him over banning a stupid toy that the Alzheimer may win. Now, not only will those folks not have bumpstocks, they may not have anything to put them on! Worked out great didn't it? NOT! It is important to pick your battles carefully, and to realize (in advance) the consequences of bashing an ally because he is not perfect.

Yes, I get it, Trump should not have done it, so no replies are needed. ;)

While Trump is not vehemently anti gun, nor is he truly on our side. He did nothing for us in his first two years when we had the opportunity; I don't see him throwing us a bone.

He already gave us 3 good USSC Justices. Haven't seen anyone else do as much lately. During his first 2 years there were a lot of mass shootings including Las Vegas and Parkland. How do you think a pro-2A bill would have gone over about then? While I agree reciprocity would have been nice, (and maybe suppressors - I don't need one - I wear hearing pro), many politicians represent districts where being pro-2A is not important, or may be a liability. Sad but true. We lost nothing of importance during his term so far - in today's rabidly anti-2A America, that is an OUTSTANDING achievement. ;)

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm skeptical about much pro-2A traction at the Federal level.

HUH? If the Alzheimer wins you don't think he'll be passing any pro-2A legislation? WOW, I read on NWFA that Biden was more pro-2A than Trump! DID THEY LIE? :) :) :) Do we allow LIARS on NWFA? :) :) :) If so we ought to do something about that! ;)

And then wonder why we lose elections when half the people here don't support the president. Just remember that when Biden and the communists are shoving gun control down your throat and you keep crying about it.

And they wonder why people don't respect this website or its members.

^^^^
1000% THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

If trump loses, I'd like to see him be the chairman of NRA. He'd get crap done.

Yes he would.

He has 2.5 more months in office, win or lose. He might as well start draining the swamp NOW.

It's possible that just enough virtue-signalers didn't vote for him over banning a stupid toy that the Alzheimer may win. Now, not only will those folks not have bumpstocks, they may not have anything to put them on! Worked out great didn't it? NOT! It is important to pick your battles carefully, and to realize (in advance) the consequences of bashing an ally because he is not perfect.

Yes, I get it, Trump should not have done it, so no replies are needed. ;)

He already gave us 3 good USSC Justices. Haven't seen anyone else do as much lately. During his first 2 years there were a lot of mass shootings including Las Vegas and Parkland. How do you think a pro-2A bill would have gone over about then? While I agree reciprocity would have been nice, (and maybe suppressors - I don't need one - I wear hearing pro), many politicians represent districts where being pro-2A is not important, or may be a liability. Sad but true. We lost nothing of importance during his term so far - in today's rabidly anti-2A America, that is an OUTSTANDING achievement. ;)

HUH? If the Alzheimer wins you don't think he'll be passing any pro-2A legislation? WOW, I read on NWFA that Biden was more pro-2A than Trump! DID THEY LIE? :) :) :) Do we allow LIARS on NWFA? :) :) :) If so we ought to do something about that! ;)

^^^^
1000% THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes he would.
I voted for Trump, my point about the bumpstock ban was that not all gun control needs to move through congress.

I'm a bit torn on it. On one hand, I feel this will pave the way for Or to become the drug capitol USA, and on the other hand, the libertarian in me thinks you should be able to do what you want in the privacy of your own home as long as it doesn't affect others.

The realist in me also knows that the hard drugs ruin peoples lives, as they can't cope with the overwhelming addiction. I voted no on the measure, but now that it's passed, my morbid curiosity wants to see what will become of it. Less people in jails for non-violent drug related crime is not always a bad thing. Time will tell.

What unfortunately will happen is many hard core drug users and criminals will move to oregon , flat broke in need of dope then steal everything including the stuff nailed down.. They are probably on the way already . just like California Homeless camps and skid row. For a user amout of herion in some states you might get 10 years or more. In oregon its a 100 dollar fine that if you dont pay they dont even put a warrant out on you. And if you go to treatment the 100 bucks is forgiven .Oregon now makes California look Conservative .:s0136:

Last Edited:
What unfortunately will happen is many hard core drug users and criminals will move to oregon , flat broke in need of dope and steal everything including the stuff nailed down.. They are probably on the way already . just like california Homeless camps and skid row. For a user amout of herion in some states you might get 10 years or more. In oregon its a 100 dollar fine that if you dont pay they dont even put a warrant out on you. And if you go to treatment the 100 bucks is forgiven .Oregon now makes California look Conservative .:s0136:
Do you think my kitchen will be safe:D

What unfortunately will happen is many hard core drug users and criminals will move to oregon , flat broke in need of dope then steal everything including the stuff nailed down.. They are probably on the way already . just like California Homeless camps and skid row. For a user amout of herion in some states you might get 10 years or more. In oregon its a 100 dollar fine that if you dont pay they dont even put a warrant out on you. And if you go to treatment the 100 bucks is forgiven .Oregon now makes California look Conservative .:s0136:
I feel putting someone in jail for doing drugs is stupid. Doesn't help them. Now if there usage caused harm to another then they get hammered hard.

I feel putting someone in jail for doing drugs is stupid. Doesn't help them. Now if there usage caused harm to another then they get hammered hard.

I don't think many people in oregon get any real jail time for stealing. You look on craigs list and ebay and a lot of those folks pay pennies on the dollar to the thieves for things stolen from all types of retail businesses. I'm thinking the same crap happens in Idaho? In the bigger cities anyway. All that make up, mens/ladies razors, rubbers. The HABA (Health And Beauty Aids) isles get cleared out at Wify's store on a regular basis! Heck, they can't keep TIDE laundry detergent on the shelves in some stores!

There is a benefit though, maybe? As a gun owner in oregon, it would seem you could now give in to that urge and try cocaine or meth, if you've been holding off because it could get you thrown in JAIL on a FELONEY! Just a simple ticket now.
Oh, and now the dems can show, in the next few years, how they've managed to virtually solve the drug use problem. o_O

A bunch of stoopid voters in OR there are!

Last Edited:
Its called gamesmanship. Its a hollow statement.

They are all State issues, which the president has ZERO control over.

This is the BS you say during a crisis to get the opposition to fall back.

Look at the Mans Actions, Not soundbites.

Its like half of you were born yesterday and have zero understanding of context or nuance.

I don't see much nuance in "Take the guns first, due process later."

Thanks to the 14th, the Constitution protects all citizens from State infringement on enumerated rights. It's a federal protection.

I see no nuance in the federal executive endorsing violation of that federal protection.

True, the federal executive has no control over state infringements on enumerated rights, but neither does he have any reason to endorse such infringements.

It's not difficult to present arguments against the libertarian perspective that people ought to be able to use any drug they want in their own home.

All recreational drugs create dependency. Even weed, and especially alcohol. Crack and meth and opiates can create dependency in a very short period of time. Weed and booze are slower, but it still happens.

Drug abuse consumes money. When users run out of money, the majority of them turn to crime to get more money, and this often happens because regular drug use is not conducive to productivity or job retention. Drug abuse and crime always go hand in hand, even if the drugs are legal.

All recreational drugs, including alcohol, have deleterious effects on physiological health. This leads to increased healthcare cost. Since the majority of regular users cannot afford the healthcare required by regular use, you have to pay for it.

Ditto the above sentence in regard to mental health.

Admittedly it is possible for people to use recreational drugs on a limited basis that has little or no health impact, but the fact is that the majority of users consume drugs on a regular basis, not a limited basis.

People are social animals. They like to recreate with other people. Ergo recreational drug use will often not be at home?

A decades long trend of promoting and expanding drug use is not a path to long-term societal success. Therefore it is a path in the wrong direction.

Legalization of drugs is always accompanied by drug taxes, which makes legalized drugs more expensive, which ensures the survival of the black market for the same drug at a cheaper price, which ensures the preservation of the gangs that import and sell black market drugs, which ensures the continuance of turf wars and other drug distribution--related crimes.

If you wish to learn more about the true impact of a certain drug on physiological or mental health, your gov keeps an archive of tens of millions of peer-reviewed articles here: PubMed . Don't cherry pick in search of support for your preferred position. Do multiple searches using different search terms. Read 100's of abstracts and papers. Search for the truth. :cool:

That's cuz all of the high school kids are busy eating the pods like candy. :rolleyes:

Funny...But not, too. That's the "Stuff" that get's sold to crooks that have thrift stores and small markets. Flea markets people buy and sell like this.
Just the first article that came up.

Funny...But not, too. That's the "Stuff" that get's sold to crooks that have thrift stores and small markets. Flea markets people buy and sell like this.
Just the first article that came up.
Link doesn't work :(
Capture.JPG

It works for me?

Your Voice Your Vote 2020

Last Updated: November 5, 9:22:56PM ET

Buyer Beware: How To Spot Shoplifted Items
Deals that look too good to pass up can have a costly history.
By SANA VENJARA
August 7, 2013, 3:44 PM
• 3 min read

ABC_shoplifting_ml_130807_16x9_992.jpg
Image Icon
ABC News
Aug. 7, 2013 -- intro: Shoppers are always on the hunt for good deals to ensure the best prices for their favorite products, but some of those deals have a costly history.
Unsuspecting customers can purchase stolen goods at a heavily discounted rate after shoplifters have sold the stolen property to middlemen, who peddle the products through unregulated venues, such as flea markets or online sites.

According to the National Retail Federation, theft can amount to annual losses as high as $37 billion for retail businesses and can cost individual consumers $400 each year.
How Much Does Shoplifting Cost You?
Jerry Biggs, director of the Organized Retail Crime Division for Walgreens, warns consumers to look at the bigger picture than just what is being stolen. "It's a gateway crime. We see groups [profiting] $20,000 to $30,000 a day, and it can provide major funding for criminal activity."
Biggs offers consumers some tips on how to spot shoplifted items and what to do to help stop this crime.
Watch the full story on ABC's "The Lookout" Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
quicklist: title: Be Cautious text: If a deal looks "too good to be true, it probably is," says Biggs. He points caution to fast moving-products, such as everyday household items like toothpaste, shampoos and cosmetics that are marked half off when they normally would be full price at reputable stores. He also suggests consumers should "be cautious if you're buying goods that you would be consuming or would give to a child," and buy those products from a reputable venue if possible.
An ABC "Lookout" producer extends that caution after an investigation following organized retail crime with the Broward County police in Florida led to the seizure of $30,000 worth of stolen medication stored in the truck of a car in 90-degree weather, as well as another instance in Miami in which a shoplifter placed over-the-counter baby Tylenol down his pants to leave the store undetected.
quicklist: title: Check the Details text: Biggs advises shoppers to watch for expiration dates: "When you see things that have short dates, it's not a good sign." He also warns shoppers to look out for labels that have been scratched off products.

quicklist: title: If You See Something, Say Something text: If you think stolen goods are being sold, Biggs says to report the issue. He advises shoppers to contact local retailers, product manufacturers, the web host or local law enforcement agencies to look into the issue.
Some helpful information to pass along to these sources are the price the goods are selling for, if they are being sold in multiple quantities, any brand names on the product, as well as the date and seller information. If you spotted these goods online, Biggs recommends taking a screenshot of the product, and sharing the web address when reporting the claim. Biggs also adds that most customers will be able to remain anonymous when sharing these tips with local police task forces and companies.
Comments (4)
ABC News

Top Stories
50STATES_GA_v02_DP_1603231214073_hpMain_1x1_144.jpg
Georgia 2020 election results
Nov 03, 2:19 AM
unt-nov3-rt-ps-201105_1604596939542_hpMain_1x1_144.jpg
This is how many states count votes received after Election Day
Nov 05, 2:07 PM
bowser-ap-er-201005_1604607296346_hpMain_1x1_144.jpg
Most visitors to Washington, DC, required to have negative COVID-19 test: Mayor
3 hours ago
eet-nyse-ap-jt-201105_1604589427428_hpMain_1x1_144.jpg
Stocks soar on prospect of divided government
4 hours ago
ay-2-01-rtr-jc-201104_1604520085680_hpMain_1x1_144.jpg
States still in play and what makes them that way
20 minutes ago

ABC News Live

streamprovider11.jpg

It works for me?

By SANA VENJARA
• 3 min read

View attachment 772691
Image Icon
ABC News
Aug. 7, 2013 -- intro: Shoppers are always on the hunt for good deals to ensure the best prices for their favorite products, but some of those deals have a costly history.
Unsuspecting customers can purchase stolen goods at a heavily discounted rate after shoplifters have sold the stolen property to middlemen, who peddle the products through unregulated venues, such as flea markets or online sites.

According to the National Retail Federation, theft can amount to annual losses as high as $37 billion for retail businesses and can cost individual consumers $400 each year.
Jerry Biggs, director of the Organized Retail Crime Division for Walgreens, warns consumers to look at the bigger picture than just what is being stolen. "It's a gateway crime. We see groups [profiting] $20,000 to $30,000 a day, and it can provide major funding for criminal activity."
Biggs offers consumers some tips on how to spot shoplifted items and what to do to help stop this crime.
quicklist: title: Be Cautious text: If a deal looks "too good to be true, it probably is," says Biggs. He points caution to fast moving-products, such as everyday household items like toothpaste, shampoos and cosmetics that are marked half off when they normally would be full price at reputable stores. He also suggests consumers should "be cautious if you're buying goods that you would be consuming or would give to a child," and buy those products from a reputable venue if possible.
An ABC "Lookout" producer extends that caution after an investigation following organized retail crime with the Broward County police in Florida led to the seizure of $30,000 worth of stolen medication stored in the truck of a car in 90-degree weather, as well as another instance in Miami in which a shoplifter placed over-the-counter baby Tylenol down his pants to leave the store undetected.
quicklist: title: Check the Details text: Biggs advises shoppers to watch for expiration dates: "When you see things that have short dates, it's not a good sign." He also warns shoppers to look out for labels that have been scratched off products.

quicklist: title: If You See Something, Say Something text: If you think stolen goods are being sold, Biggs says to report the issue. He advises shoppers to contact local retailers, product manufacturers, the web host or local law enforcement agencies to look into the issue.
Some helpful information to pass along to these sources are the price the goods are selling for, if they are being sold in multiple quantities, any brand names on the product, as well as the date and seller information. If you spotted these goods online, Biggs recommends taking a screenshot of the product, and sharing the web address when reporting the claim. Biggs also adds that most customers will be able to remain anonymous when sharing these tips with local police task forces and companies.
Comments (4)
ABC News

Top Stories
View attachment 772692
View attachment 772693
View attachment 772694
3 hours ago
View attachment 772695
4 hours ago
View attachment 772696
20 minutes ago

ABC News Live

View attachment 772697
Works for me now. But it sure didn't when I posted my previous message.

If Trump pulls off a win, I would like to see him inundated with letters recommending that he fire the current BATF leadership team and replace them with outsiders that respect the 2A. There needs to be a heavy housecleaning over at the BATF.

These two should be first to go:

I'm in!:s0155:

I wrote my US rep last week - no response, the election has everyone focused on that - asking that he do his part to protect gun owners from the ATF over-reach. Maybe a Texas republican rep will be more receptive to taking such action than the Oregon dem that used to "represent" me? Guess time will tell. Then again, maybe it'll all be moot in about 80 days and my whole AR will be a no-no, instead of a potential AOW?

I feel putting someone in jail for doing drugs is stupid. Doesn't help them. Now if there usage caused harm to another then
I'm a bit torn on it. On one hand, I feel this will pave the way for Or to become the drug capitol USA, and on the other hand, the libertarian in me thinks you should be able to do what you want in the privacy of your own home as long as it doesn't affect others.

The realist in me also knows that the hard drugs ruin peoples lives, as they can't cope with the overwhelming addiction. I voted no on the measure, but now that it's passed, my morbid curiosity wants to see what will become of it. Less people in jails for non-violent drug related crime is not always a bad thing. Time will tell.

I Agree ,but it will no doubt be abused .I have not heard 1 word of what is considered a user amount ,50 Lb ? . The amounts of hard drugs the osp and sheriffs departments have been finding in peoples cars on traffic stops is unbelievable.
They cruise with expired tags ,burned out lights ,speeding, ect its like they want to caught.

It works for me?

By SANA VENJARA
• 3 min read

View attachment 772691
Image Icon
ABC News

Comments (4)
ABC News

Top Stories
View attachment 772692
View attachment 772693
View attachment 772694
3 hours ago
View attachment 772695
4 hours ago
View attachment 772696
20 minutes ago

ABC News Live

View attachment 772697
Based on prices of ammo in classifieds, I am going to guess the ammo hasn't been shoplifted.

Edit: Grocery Outlet may be sellling all kinds of shoplifted items. I picked up KIND mini snack bars at 8 for a buck. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top