JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think its time to upgrade my EDC knife, looking for pics and opinions on what you all carry. I'm leaning towards an assisted open higher quality and I'm partial to a tanto blade as they have been more durable in my experience. Thoughts?

Here's my Benchmade HK Snody.
HK_SnodyR.jpg
Lately I've been carrying an assisted Kershaw Turbulence that I like a lot. The build quality isn't quite up to the level of the Benchmade, but it's a good EDC.
kershaw-turbulence-1790-large.jpg

HK_SnodyR.jpg

kershaw-turbulence-1790-large.jpg

Yes that thread gave me the idea to start this one. That thread had all kinds of knives and swords, I am looking for just EDC items. Hows that timberlite? Ive hear good things about them.

The timberlite is just that extremely lite and holds an edged very well. They're cheap enough to have in every place you may need a knife tackle box, glove box, etc. The non serated is harder to find though.

Here is what i carry

Kabar TDI with Kydex sheath as my backup

opplanet-ka-bar-knives-kb1480-tdi-zytel-handle-plain-plastic-sheath-metal-clip.jpg

my pocket folder is by CRKT. although it does not have assisted open, a slight flick of the wrist makes it pop out as if it was....

62495125_260.jpg

opplanet-ka-bar-knives-kb1480-tdi-zytel-handle-plain-plastic-sheath-metal-clip.jpg

62495125_260.jpg

I also somtimes trade out my CRKT for this:

Smith and Wesson Rescue Pocket Knife...
R3096.jpg

I bought it because it was cheap and i wanted another one. and i have actually be really impressed and happy with its functionality and durability.

I

R3096.jpg

Here's my Benchmade HK Snody.
View attachment 56829
Lately I've been carrying an assisted Kershaw Turbulence that I like a lot. The build quality isn't quite up to the level of the Benchmade, but it's a good EDC.
View attachment 56832

Ditto on the Kershaw, iGun! I have all kinds and grades of knives but I love these Chinese Kershaws! The slender scales fit my small hands and I especially like the Persian style blade. I bought three of them!

Hey Sarge--the Turbulence is made right here in 'merica. And the price right now is unbeatable... I'm tempted to get another one.

Well, you sure are right, iGun! Mine are the model 1940 Compound and they appear to be identical, but the compound is slightly larger! They are indeed Chi-Com! Fine with me, hold an edge and sturdy. Sorry about maligning your Turbulence! SRG

Well, you sure are right, iGun! Mine are the model 1940 Compound and they appear to be identical, but the compound is slightly larger! They are indeed Chi-Com! Fine with me, hold an edge and sturdy. Sorry about maligning your Turbulence! SRG

My 1790 says 'no worries but don't let it happen again' ;-). Here's an interesting comparison of the USA vs Chicom knives. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RyPr1ox7Lk

I have a well worn & often used Benchmade Griptilian. I got bought this after reading a thread much like this a few years ago on this sight. It might be THE best EDC knife i've ever owned. Axis lock!

grip2.jpg

grip 1.jpg

Iceman--how do you like that TDI? I've heard mixed things about the sheath.

I actually Like it a lot. I wear it on the opposite hip that i have my pistol, and rarely even notice it being there. i have not had any issues with it, nor have i had to draw it, and i hope i never will...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top