JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This Benchmade 5000sbk goes anywhere i can legally take it. My other pocket always get filled with a Surefire light.
8lis.jpg

I should carry my 5000 more. It's really a great knife, almost a Microtech LCC in the blade configuration but with (IMO) a better grip surface.

This Benchmade 5000sbk goes anywhere i can legally take it. My other pocket always get filled with a Surefire light.
8lis.jpg

Some of these EDC's look like they've never been carried! :confused: Some even look like guns or hammers!

...but usually it's either the Spyderco Cali-III in ZDP-189 here or Microtech Ultratech in 154CM.

EDC.jpg
(a little fuzz in the UT blade, that coating is tough; this knife gets used daily.)
Finally MT realized that Moly spray paint didn't get 'er done. And yes that's my stair tread tape- the UT is a little slick for my liking. They should have stuck with the UT-II MK-1 upgrade, it was a much better design. But nooooo. :(

Benchmade Mini Barrage. Axis lock. built like a small tank. I broke 1/4 ins off the tip while doing a bit of prying (yeah that was real stupid I know)
Had the tip re- profiled with 1/2 ins of the upper swedge sharpened

DSCN3217_zps8b641b81.jpg

Man Benchmade has some cool stuff out these days. I worked there for about 5 years but was like 8-9 years ago. We were still working on getting the Infidel OTF to work properly when I left. So yes i do still have a considerable pile of benchmades in my closet.

The Benchmade 940 Osborne has been my EDC for the past 4 years, and is doing a bang-up job of it. I think if I ever were to lose it, I'd get the same one in a heartbeat. The balance is perfect. Before that I carried the reverse tanto Kershaw Leek (Chesapeake Knife & Tool edition) for about 6 years, and aside from having to replace the torsion bar a couple of times, it did a great job too. I had to wear it on my belt instead of in my pocket though, on account of being left-handed.

I've been wanting to try out some of the Emersons, but they only make 2 of their models in left-handed configurations, and I'm uninterested in either for various reasons. I don't understand why some knife manufacturers write-off 10% of their potential customer base like that. I'm not saying they have to make versions of everything with the controls reversed or anything like that, but at least tap the scales so the pocket clip can be reversed.

edcKnives_zpsc1fd3dee.jpg

Man Benchmade has some cool stuff out these days. I worked there for about 5 years but was like 8-9 years ago. We were still working on getting the Infidel OTF to work properly when I left. So yes i do still have a considerable pile of benchmades in my closet.

:cool:

Are you interested in cleaning out your closet?

Started out with a CQC-7 for many years...moved through a progression of a rotation between: SOG Twitch II, Spyderco PM2, Military, Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189 and now a ZT 0550 depending where I'm going.

Delica 4 ZDP-189 will probably added into the rotation, too.

Depending where you carry, the Twitch II or a Dragonfly 2 are probably good choices EDC balancing light weight, reliability/durability and discreet carry.

Otherwise, I'd take the ZT 0550 or Spyderco PM2 albeit the PM2 blade geometry is better suited for slicing than anything else. The way the PM2's clip is set up from the factory for tip down carry makes the front pocket nearly inaccessible with the thumb hole. After trying other configurations, the factory set up is still the fastest way for me to draw and deploy.

CQC-7 or Spyderco Military is definitely on the large side for EDC.

I've been carrying a Kershaw Cryo for well over a year but recently switched to a Kershaw Skyline which I like a lot.
The Cryo sits deeper in the pocket, and is AO, but the Skyline is lighter and just feels right in my hand. For the little $$ that some of the Kershaws sell for you can't go wrong picking up a few.

Some nice knives but the thread is worthless without pictures!

It's let's SEE your EDC knives

red.jpg
Y'know,? :)

Started out with a CQC-7 for many years...moved through a progression of a rotation between: SOG Twitch II, Spyderco PM2, Military, Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189 and now a ZT 0550 depending where I'm going.

Delica 4 ZDP-189 will probably added into the rotation, too.

Depending where you carry, the Twitch II or a Dragonfly 2 are probably good choices EDC balancing light weight, reliability/durability and discreet carry.

Otherwise, I'd take the ZT 0550 or Spyderco PM2 albeit the PM2 blade geometry is better suited for slicing than anything else. The way the PM2's clip is set up from the factory for tip down carry makes the front pocket nearly inaccessible with the thumb hole. After trying other configurations, the factory set up is still the fastest way for me to draw and deploy.

CQC-7 or Spyderco Military is definitely on the large side for EDC.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top