JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Benchmade Auto Mel Pardue. My pic sucks compared to many of yours. LOL!

24wt5y0.jpg

940s are a sweet knife. One of the smoothest axis locks made.
You may be able to comment on this...

I have a 940 from back when the blade steel was 154CM, 10+ years ago, and it is indeed very smooth. The 940-1 has a stone washed finish, which was applied to the entire blade - including the portion that rides against the Axis lock bar. The blade action is decidedly gritty. As I have been compulsively flipping the knife open and closed, it has gotten smoother but it is still noticeably gritty.

Do you know how BM finished the older 940 blades? Surely they didn't polish the surface that rides the Axis lock bar...

The finish youre talking about was a ceramic rice media and polishing compund done in a rotary finish system. Yes you can take the blade out and polish it yourself and you will get a smooth action again. Those blades actually come out very easy just dont lose the washers that are on each side of the blade. clean it all up and a dab of oil should be like new again.

My EDC knife is a SOG Mini Vulcan 3" blade. I've been using/collecting SOG knives since '98. My favorite is their original folder the Tomcat, I would make it my EDC but it's 3.75" blade is a little bit to intimidating if I ever have`to present it to a LEO.

A bit off topic, but my favorite blade is a Japanese Katana (Samurai Sword) my dad brought back from Burma at the end of WW ll.
He's been gone for four years now, and every time I look and handle this blade I get a rush of good memories.

Last Edited:
My EDC is a Hi-Tech flying Falcon right now. It's cheap, durable, and big without being huge.

This is a pic from a website, I don't have any special photos of mine in particular, and I don't use a special holster or carrier, it just rides in my pocket, or clipped somewhere handy if I think I'll need it.

RR-2113_-_1.JPG

The image comes from an ad here: https://www.bonanza.com/items/like/...-Hi-Tech-Lockback-Knife-With-Sheath-Looks-New

I have carried this one every day for over a year now, and I was going through a knife every 3-6 months before. I think I paid $6 for it, so the deal can't be beat.

My EDC blade is a Benchmade Mini Griptilian. 3" 154CM blade, no serrations. Not too big, not too small. Great blade for all around use. Here's the only photo I have at the moment (it was for a photo contest on another site which is why the guns are there too - it's also my avatar for this site). My EDC pistol is the M&P9c on the right:

IMG_1656_zps6af26ae9.jpg

My current everyday is a Benchmade 527 Mini Presidio Ultra (527SBK).

I was carrying my Benchmade 5000 Auto but the damn host nation customs confinscated it when coming in theater in June :( I have a STRONG dislike for those individuals. They can and will take whatever they want if it catches their eye. Complete BS! That knife had been at my side for multiple deployments and now it's gone...ugh

My current everyday is a Benchmade 527 Mini Presidio Ultra (527SBK).

I was carrying my Benchmade 5000 Auto but the damn host nation customs confinscated it when coming in theater in June :( I have a STRONG dislike for those individuals. They can and will take whatever they want if it catches their eye. Complete BS! That knife had been at my side for multiple deployments and now it's gone...ugh
My buddy was carrying his SAW thru the gate on his way to the sand box, and they wanted his knife.
He looked at his gun and asked if they were serious

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top