JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

ATF.jpg

Ask any letter carrier who has ever walked the beat about ankle bitters. Better to let the dog bite you, then sue the homeowner for damages.

That's kinda of what I mean. He felt himself scared and wanted to portray himself as not scared or tough so had to exert his dominance over the tiny dog.

Sad sack either way.
Clint smith said it well, most untrained people shoot not to hit the target but to feel good. They are scared and shooting in response because it makes them feel better. That's why so often we see people blasting away and not hitting their target at all.

Clint smith said it well, most untrained people shoot not to hit the target but to feel good. They are scared and shooting in response because it makes them feel better. That's why so often we see people blasting away and not hitting their target at all.

Clint has a weird energy, lol. You couldn't tell if he is joking with you or about to punch you in the mouth.

Probably confused the hell out of his kids growing. "Is dad just messing with us or is he gonna break out the belt?" :D

I dunno. I'm kind of torn on this one. I'm a die hard dog lover, but let's face it.... ankle biters are evil hell spawn possessed perversions. The officer in questions fears may be defensible. :D

Like a Combat Vet, an LEO has to stay focused on the primary responsibility at hand.

This means potentially experiencing less than lethal injuries, dealing with leg biters, screaming people grabbing at you (not armed or life threatening) and many other issues but to basically detach yourself from the objective, and essentially 'desert' from it, and your partners, to save yourself from a minimal threat out of some sort of paranoid fear such as a small creature is unacceptable.

It's a bubbleguming Pomeranian. A swift kick will send it through the living room, down the hall, through the kitchen, and smashing into the washing machine. No need for a firearm. Or a good stomp would do I suppose.

Last Edited:
It's a bubbleguming Pomeranian. A swift kick will send it through the living room, down the hall, through the kitchen, and smash into the washing machine. No need for a firearm. Or a good stomp would do I suppose.
I doubt a pomeranian could even break skin through pants and socks. Nor do they try to bite that hard. It's mostly just nips.

I don't think that type of dog would even register for me beyond just being annoying.

Hell a loud fart would probably be enough to subdue one lol.

It's a bubbleguming Pomeranian. A swift kick will send it through the living room, down the hall, through the kitchen, and smash into the washing machine. No need for a firearm. Or a good stomp would do I suppose.
If you can land a good kick in the snot locker, even on many large dogs, you can turn them right around. Providing you notice or see what's going on in advance. Dog attacks can be very sudden, events transpire fast, so you often don't know what's coming until the last minute, if then. You've got one chance at a good kick, and if the dog is on the ball, he might get you by the pants leg, then maybe onto the ground. Then it's a different ball game. Once on the ground, you are at a severe disadvantage, particularly with a dog of any size.

If you're out walking, it's not a bad idea to have something long and narrow for defense. Not just dogs, necessarily, but that's what we're talking about here. Even if you can't get any good licks in, you can hold dogs (and sometimes people) at bay, anyway.

We have kinda country-ish roads where I live, there was an older gentleman who for years would come walking by, with his own dog, always had a golf club at the ready just in case.

If you can land a good kick in the snot locker, even on many large dogs, you can turn them right around. Providing you notice or see what's going on in advance. Dog attacks can be very sudden, events transpire fast, so you often don't know what's coming until the last minute, if then. You've got one chance at a good kick, and if the dog is on the ball, he might get you by the pants leg, then maybe onto the ground. Then it's a different ball game. Once on the ground, you are at a severe disadvantage, particularly with a dog of any size.

If you're out walking, it's not a bad idea to have something long and narrow for defense. Not just dogs, necessarily, but that's what we're talking about here. Even if you can't get any good licks in, you can hold dogs (and sometimes people) at bay, anyway.

We have kinda country-ish roads where I live, there was an older gentleman who for years would come walking by, with his own dog, always had a golf club at the ready just in case.
I'm fairly confident I could take any pomeranian without a weapon of any sort, hell I could take a pack of pommies.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top