JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It pays to be smart I guess. Haha.
Im with ya on the topic, but I dont promote it publicly. Theres a lot of newbies who carry out there that get tripped up. Especially with junk holsters off places like Amazon. I remember my newbie learning curve about 30 years ago, lucky back then it didnt matter....

Im with ya on the topic, but I dont promote it publicly. Theres a lot of newbies who carry out there that get tripped up. Especially with junk holsters off places like Amazon. I remember my newbie learning curve about 30 years ago, lucky back then it didnt matter....
No joke. I actually spot someone attempting to conceal carry at least once a week if not more. Sadly they probably think they are being successful.

You make a good point though. I would tell newbies who have just begun to carry to follow the letter of the law until they are comfortable with the concept and have figured out the correct gear and clothing to be proficient in concealing a handgun.

After that it's all up to personal risk assessment.

No joke. I actually spot someone attempting to conceal carry at least once a week if not more. Sadly they probably think they are being successful.

You make a good point though. I would tell newbies who have just begun to carry to follow the letter of the law until they are comfortable with the concept and have figured out the correct gear and clothing to be proficient in concealing a handgun.

After that it's all up to personal risk assessment.
yup, the thing is this is a public forum and a lot of newbies probably lurk is my guess after all its a gun forum.
30ish years ago I remember when a checkout cashier made me (uncle mikes holster....[shame] ). it was interesting when he looked at the gun printing, looked at the cash I was offering to pay ....as if, what, your not robbing the place... lol. He figured out I wasnt robbing the place obviously but nowadays the police would be called.
My take is we dont need newbies getting caught, gun rights is already on the defense....

yup, the thing is this is a public forum and a lot of newbies probably lurk is my guess after all its a gun forum.
30ish years ago I remember when a checkout cashier made me (uncle mikes holster....[shame] ). it was interesting when he looked at the gun printing, looked at the cash I was offering to pay ....as if, what, your not robbing the place... lol. He figured out I wasnt robbing the place obviously but nowadays the police would be called.
My take is we dont need newbies getting caught, gun rights is already on the defense....
I agree.

But at the same time we are all responsible for our own actions. Can't blame a forum, the internet or what others do…….. can't run before you can even crawl. You will fall. Haha.

Lessons learned. We all had to learn them. Unfortunately in the political climate now the punishment for a failed attempt is much greater. The margin of error is extremely small nowadays.

Most of the signs I've seen have either a Baretta FS92 or Glock with a red line through it. I don't carry either one so I'm good to go.
Well, I've been known carry both of those makes, but neither one can read, and my NAA Pug…. well, it's like the Honey Badger, it don't give a schit… it's pretty bad-a$$.

IMG_4555.jpeg ,

Last Edited:
Darn Metal Detectors! I can run through one necked and set it off.
Got more metal in me than a Glock. :mad:

When I don't set them off at the airport, I love telling the TSA person,
"It's not working". :p

Often, I don't really think they know, or care. :s0092:

Last Edited:
About a year ago my daughter fell and dislocated her knee at school very badly. I got to her school as they were packing her up in an ambulance for the ride to the hospital. At the hospital she and the medics couldn't go in through the ER doors because a teen girl was wrestling with 3 cops... and winning. It gave me a new appreciation for their firearm ban signs.

I don't remember exactly but I am sure I was carrying a pocket pistol on me... because I am always carrying a pocket pistol on me. With as concerned as I was about my daughter I am sure I didn't think to stash it in the car before entering the hospital. The only thing that would have made me think twice would have been a metal detector so they definitely didn't have one, at least not at the side entrance we all went through. We live in a small town though.

After seeing that completely brain fried teen girl I can have a bit more compassion for metal detectors at the hospital. Definitely not at the Moda center though. I will never go there again and be stripped of my carry piece in the middle of sh|tsville with out a cop to be seen outside of 50 yards from the building. My life strategy is to avoid trouble. Going to a crappy neighborhood full of intoxicated homeless where they know for sure that I am unarmed is just inviting trouble!

Last Edited:
About a year ago my daughter fell and dislocated her knee at school very badly. I got to her school as they were packing her up in an ambulance for the ride to the hospital. At the hospital she and the medics couldn't go in through the ER doors because a teen girl was wrestling with 3 cops... and winning. It gave me a new appreciation for their firearm ban signs.

I don't remember exactly but I am sure I was carrying a pocket pistol on me... because I am always carrying a pocket pistol on me. With as concerned as I was about my daughter I am sure I didn't think to stash it in the car before entering the hospital. The only thing that would have made me think twice would have been a metal detector so they definitely didn't have one, at least not at the side entrance we all went through. We live in a small town though.

After seeing that completely brain fried teen girl I can have a bit more compassion for metal detectors at the hospital. Definitely not at the Moda center though. I will never go there again and be stripped of my carry piece in the middle of sh|tsville with out a cop to be seen outside of 50 yards from the building. My life strategy is to avoid trouble. Going to a crappy neighborhood full of intoxicated homeless where they know for sure that I am unarmed is just inviting trouble!
whether its an entertainment venue or a hospital, just another example of GFZs empowering criminals and making more victims out of lawful citizens.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top