JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't been able to find anything on this, so asking the community here. Does Washington prohibit CHL carry in public and/or private facilities that provide heathcare?

eg. hospitals, or assisted living facilities

Hospitals are a no-go. I have seen the signs saying no weapons on premises. Most EDs have metal detectors now. Assisted living are usually private and that can vary if a sign is displayed.

Assisted living are usually private and that can vary if a sign is displayed.
I read that in Wa. signs have no force of the law, im not certain if assisted living facilities even if private fall under the healthcare facility like hospitals do. But thinking about it probably not...

I read that in Wa. signs have no force of the law, im not certain if assisted living facilities even if private fall under the healthcare facility like hospitals do. But thinking about it probably not...
You can be trespassed if caught and you refuse to leave from a location that's posted.

There are no named restrictions against carrying in hospitals, other than mental health facilities.

No metal detectors. No problems.

I do remember when I got weighed at my last appointment and let's just say I was a bit heavier than I was supposed to be.

Had to strip down for the check. Hid everything in my jacket/boots. No one was the wiser.

If I get asked to leave then I will leave. Simple as that.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300

(c) The restricted access areas of a public mental health facility licensed or certified by the department of health for inpatient hospital care and state institutions for the care of the mentally ill, excluding those facilities solely for evaluation and treatment. Restricted access areas do not include common areas of egress and ingress open to the general public;
It appears to me the state only covers this in health care. Now the owners of the institutions are a whole different story. Most of the entrances I have seen have "No Weapons" stickers or signage up.

OHSU is a yes at only the ED, but you can walk right in the main entrance that is wide open. Do you know who else has them by chance?
I work in Health Care and have yet to see one. I "suspect" that in Seattle some must have them now. When my FIL was in Hospice care here I did have the RN at the desk ask me one time "Are you carrying a gun?" with a concerned look on her face. I resisted the impulse to reach for the area to see if it was somehow showing. :D
I have to guess it was the webbing of the suspenders I had on that she was panicked over. I of course just said of course not with a shocked look on my face and she passed me on by. When I got to the room Wife was there and we had a good chuckle over it.

Not a lawyer but but as other posters say, could be a tresspass charge if caught and refusing to leave.

Geez folks, what do you not understand about concealed? Walk in there like you own the place and don't pull it out unless somebody is shooting at you. Common sense.
Pretty simple huh…. People get very wrapped up in legalities and a consequence that will never come about unless you make a fool of yourself.

....family member had surgery today, no metal detectors.
I'm actually mostly interested in assisted living facilities since thats going to be a regular visit for me hopefully as long as possible. I wasn't certain since there's medical services there as needed. It looks like the relative law is RCW 9.41.300 which only covers state mental health facilities.
It looks like assisted living facilities can only trespass if they find out.

thanks for helping me figure it out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads