JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CZ 75B from Cajun Gun Works. Best pistol I own. Reliable, accurate, and fun.

Best Pic.jpg

Why do people keep saying Cajun gun works for CZ's, why do they need the work?
The Corvette really doesn't need the supercharger, but it sure is nice with it.
Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom are the two CZ hotrod shops.

I have a garden-variety Beretta 92 but that Wilson Brig Tac sure would be nice.
Same idea...just depends on how much bank you want to throw down.

After looking up the "trigger slap" on the P320 in the video, seems it is a thing, it's also a thing for the VP9 too.

Sig fixed it with a new trigger, seemingly adding a little mass to the back of the trigger at the end.

H&K don't admit anything is wrong, whereas Sig were servicing peoples guns for free with the newer trigger.

So does P01 just indicate compact?

I know *so* little about CZs

Nope it's just the designation given to differentiate it from other models. The P-01 is functionally identical to the 75D Compact - the "D" in their nomenclature indicates "Decocker". "B" as in CZ-75B indicates that the gun is equipped with the firing pin block - the original CZ-75 did not have a firing pin block, and thus was not super drop safe. "SA" is pretty obvious - "Single Action" - no double action trigger mechanism. Anywho - the P-01 is essentially a CZ-75D compact with a tactical rail for mounting a light to. This gun was built for trials to replace aging Czech national police service pistols as well as a military sidearm. In the NATO testing of this gun, it scored really high marks for avg rounds between stoppages. The trigger was reworked some from the original 75 trigger. The latest iterations have CZ's "Omega" trigger, which is a simplified trigger that delivers a better pull, at least in the opinion of a lot of CZ shooters. The Omega trigger was first introduced in the polymer guns - the 07 and the 09.

They made a .40S&W variant of the P-01 and dubbed it the P-06, not sure what happened to 02 thru 05. They also skipped 08. The 07 was originally called the "P-07 Duty" as it was originally pitched as a cool new duty/carry gun to hoover up market share from the Glock 19. CZ firearms ride in a LOT of police and military holsters in Europe, and the CZ-75 design is one of the most copied gun designs in modern times - just like the 1911, the Beretta, or the Hi Power. They never gained traction in the US law enforcement market though. It's weird because they've got better ergos on the the Beretta 92, they had the same capacity as the 92 and the Sig P226 - in standard "B" flavor they have the ability to be carried hammer down in DA mode, or cocked & locked for single action first shot. They have the decocker only model available - and the 85 series of ambi guns (CZ was into Ambi controls before it was cool) - I've seen security guards carrying CZ pistols, and I've run into a couple odd ball cops from small agencies that had very liberal sidearm policies, but in general, US police officers don't pack CZ's on duty - but then, CZ isn't giving them away for $250-300 a pop like Glock does. But their guns typically beat Glocks price wise at retailers.

And a stock CZ does not need any upgrading ala CZ Customs or Cajun - but they do sex up the gun some.

One thing that limits CZ's widespread adoption by civilian shooters in the US is lack of aftermarket bolt on "stuff" - there are very limited options for aftermarket sights, they use a proprietary front dovetail (which does in from the front, not from the side) and they are a bit more complicated to work on than other guns. There are more limited holster options - custom is usually the way to go if you get a CZ pistol.

All that said - they're wonderful shooters, at least as reliable as a Glock, mags are plentiful, the stock sights are better than a lot of stock sights out there, and the stock trigger in the CZ beats the stock Beretta 92 trigger, is very close to the stock classic P-series guns, and pretty much beats the other double action autos on the market as far as feel goes.

This is exactly my complaint! Why not make the damn thing right to begin with!

Same with several other pistol mfg, they pump out 1000's of handguns per year with horrid triggers. So figure a base price of $500 for a pistol then your going to spend up to 1/4 of that upgrading the trigger. :eek:

Same with several other pistol mfg, they pump out 1000's of handguns per year with horrid triggers. So figure a base price of $500 for a pistol then your going to spend up to 1/4 of that upgrading the trigger. :eek:

As far as CZ's go, I'm perfectly happy with mine exactly the way they are from the factory. However, I'm not a professional nor match shooter.

Maybe folks who do matches & such need various specifics for what they do? Dunno.

The Corvette really doesn't need the supercharger, but it sure is nice with it. Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom are the two CZ hotrod shops.

I have a garden-variety Beretta 92 but that Wilson Brig Tac sure would be nice.
Same idea...just depends on how much bank you want to throw down.

...Makes sense, thanks!

As far as CZ's go, I'm perfectly happy with mine exactly the way they are from the factory. However, I'm not a professional nor match shooter.

Maybe folks who do matches & such need various specifics for what they do? Dunno.

...Makes sense, thanks!

I LOVE my 1911's. They work with anything I feed them and are as accurate as I am. As I often say though if I won the lotto I would "have" to have one worked up by someone like Brown. The one that cost me 10K would not really shoot any better but it would sure be nice to have. :cool:

I am not sure they "need" the work but the trigger is improved and the action is smoother. The base CZ75B is not like the Shadow or similar CZ Custom Shop guns. But I think your point is that a stock CZ pistol is a fine gun and I do agree.

CZ has a full line of competition pistols, so if you want to shell out the extra $$$ for a race ready gun the option is there. The Shadow II is phenomenal, but for me the price point of the SP-01 made the most sense. The SP-01 feels every bit as nice as a SIg P226, but at 2/3rds the price.

There's nothing wrong with an "out of the box" CZ.
Some owners just want their CZ to be a little like the "race guns" is all.
"Race Gun" is a reference to competition shooting and the CZ is very popular for that.

*see my comments in post #84

Nope it's just the designation given to differentiate it from other models. The P-01 is functionally identical to the 75D Compact - the "D" in their nomenclature indicates "Decocker". "B" as in CZ-75B indicates that the gun is equipped with the firing pin block - the original CZ-75 did not have a firing pin block, and thus was not super drop safe. "SA" is pretty obvious - "Single Action" - no double action trigger mechanism. Anywho - the P-01 is essentially a CZ-75D compact with a tactical rail for mounting a light to. This gun was built for trials to replace aging Czech national police service pistols as well as a military sidearm. In the NATO testing of this gun, it scored really high marks for avg rounds between stoppages. The trigger was reworked some from the original 75 trigger. The latest iterations have CZ's "Omega" trigger, which is a simplified trigger that delivers a better pull, at least in the opinion of a lot of CZ shooters. The Omega trigger was first introduced in the polymer guns - the 07 and the 09.

They made a .40S&W variant of the P-01 and dubbed it the P-06, not sure what happened to 02 thru 05. They also skipped 08. The 07 was originally called the "P-07 Duty" as it was originally pitched as a cool new duty/carry gun to hoover up market share from the Glock 19. CZ firearms ride in a LOT of police and military holsters in Europe, and the CZ-75 design is one of the most copied gun designs in modern times - just like the 1911, the Beretta, or the Hi Power. They never gained traction in the US law enforcement market though. It's weird because they've got better ergos on the the Beretta 92, they had the same capacity as the 92 and the Sig P226 - in standard "B" flavor they have the ability to be carried hammer down in DA mode, or cocked & locked for single action first shot. They have the decocker only model available - and the 85 series of ambi guns (CZ was into Ambi controls before it was cool) - I've seen security guards carrying CZ pistols, and I've run into a couple odd ball cops from small agencies that had very liberal sidearm policies, but in general, US police officers don't pack CZ's on duty - but then, CZ isn't giving them away for $250-300 a pop like Glock does. But their guns typically beat Glocks price wise at retailers.

And a stock CZ does not need any upgrading ala CZ Customs or Cajun - but they do sex up the gun some.

One thing that limits CZ's widespread adoption by civilian shooters in the US is lack of aftermarket bolt on "stuff" - there are very limited options for aftermarket sights, they use a proprietary front dovetail (which does in from the front, not from the side) and they are a bit more complicated to work on than other guns. There are more limited holster options - custom is usually the way to go if you get a CZ pistol.

All that said - they're wonderful shooters, at least as reliable as a Glock, mags are plentiful, the stock sights are better than a lot of stock sights out there, and the stock trigger in the CZ beats the stock Beretta 92 trigger, is very close to the stock classic P-series guns, and pretty much beats the other double action autos on the market as far as feel goes.
And here's the new, steel frame Compact.
Schweetness...
CZ 75 B RAIL.jpg

I also really like the CZ's, have a CZ75BD. A couple of other notes: they use a lot of roll pins so are not easy to strip down. The models without the rail, like mine, are skinny up front and work well for IWB carry. They are accurate. And the steel models are heavy - nice when shooting, not so nice when carrying. Which is why my Walther PPQ gets the nod, and the CZ sits in the safe. But I did carry it for years a while back, when the weight did not bother me so much.

I've owned several Sigs included the P226, sold each one off, for some reason, they just don't work for me, but they are very nice guns.

Full sized M&P still sits high atop my list, accurate, reliable, ergonomic, just a natural feel in my hand, allowing me to get sights on target quickly and naturally, and I never have to worry about it not running.

Glocks are great guns, but not what I would consider a favorite.

I am a Beretta 92 fan, big, heavy, but really nice guns.

1911 in 9mm, that's just awesome, double stack 2011 even better. Have a RIA in 9mm/22TCM right now, double stack.

Never yet owned or shot a CZ, but may have to try it sometime.

Still a fan of the old Ruger P89, again big, heavy, but mild recoil and very reliable.

I too have the 92FS and love it for the same reasons, the gun i want here is to fill the same role as the 92, just, a little different for variety :)

Nope not a thing, as long as your willing to accept a subpar trigger.
We should not have to buy race guns, or race gun trigger kits to get a decent trigger these days.
C'mon now, if you don't like CZ's so be it.

Stock SP-01
The double action trigger stroke is 0.600", pull is 11 lbs 7 oz. The single action trigger stroke is 0.300", pull is 5 lbs 6 oz.
That's perfectly fine for a $600 DA/SA pistol.
Right in line with a Beretta 92 or similar.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top