JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've owned quite a few and most don't find a home in my safe. I'd tell you to buy a CZ 75 or a 85 like mine. They don't cost $1000 and are awesome guns that are accurate as heck.

The H&K VP9 is a nice looking and fine firing (so i read) pistol, looks about $550 street price.

VP9-Oblique-LEFT-MAY-22-2014[1].jpg

...I keep hearing about the CZs but never looked into them, so the models don't mean anything to me yet...

Your welcome to try out a few CZ 75's (B & D), and a Canik TP9SF (?CZP10/HK VP clone) if your ever down at ARPC and we are.

Also I think a few folks are happy to let you try out various things up at Tri County Gun Club.

We also now have a "wanted to try section" here on the forums.

Alright, had a look around and learned more about the top contenders here, which are the H&K VP9, CZ75 and um, The model 29... (don't ask)

Seems i saw the wrong version of the CZ75 earlier, there is a low cap version. Anyway, there is also a polished version.

49123_1[1].jpg

Alright, had a look around and learned more about the top contenders here, which are the H&K VP9, CZ75 and um, The model 29... (don't ask)

Seems i saw the wrong version of the CZ75 earlier, there is a low cap version. Anyway, there is also a polished version.

View attachment 339193

And a brushed version, one is/was up for sale on here. It's pretty dang nice.

Hope to get a stainless compact someday, but I think they only had a run of 500 or 1000.

My top 5 9mm full compacts - sans Glocks:

1.) M&P 9 full size
2.) CZ-75 (pick flavor, B, BD, SA)
3.) CZ-75 P-01 (compact version, decocker, with a rail, NSN version of the 75 Compact)
4.) Browning Hi Power
5.) Beretta 92 G

FYI - the CZ 85 is identical to the 75, except that the 85 has ambi controls, whereas the 75 have right-hand operation controls only. So if you have a 75 that says 85, someone just grabbed an 85 marked slide and put it on the standard frame.

Also, for fun - you can swap the slides from the full size guns onto compacts, and from compacts onto full size guns, and they will function just fine.

I was given a Bursa thunder pro as a gift from a dear friend who was on his last leg from cancer.
After several hundred rounds down the pipe I can say there have been zero issues regardless of ammunition used.
Fully adjustable sites, amidextrous everything, points and fits my hand well and is is at least as accurate as I am.
17 rounds and came with 3 mags.
Would I have purchased one before? Never thought about them.
Would I now? You bet, it has turned into a great go to side arm as a full sized steel handgun.

I appreciated you sharing your personal experiences with the Bersa thunder pro. Thank you. I have liked the feel, size and fit when fondling at a gun show but had not fired or experienced one first hand. Some ... many double stacks are too large in my hands, not completing a solid enough purchase of the grips for me - the Bersa TP fit rather well. I will look into one of these a bit more. Thanks again!

In my opinion, the very best full size 9mm pistol; 4 inch barrel or longer, is the Walther PPQ M2. It is considered to have the very best trigger on the market, and for good reason. It does have the very best trigger on the market.

In my opinion, the very best full size 9mm pistol; 4 inch barrel or longer, is the Walther PPQ M2. It is considered to have the very best trigger on the market, and for good reason. It does have the very best trigger on the market.
That is a successful pistol.
Busiest sub-forum over at Walther Forums.

It reportedly has one the best striker-fired triggers, although the new CZ-P10 might give it a race.
I have its little brother, PPS-M2 and it has a nice trigger.
But it's striker-fired as well and those triggers feel mushy to me.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top