JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The way I read it was that it was in the backpack when she dropped the backpack to the floor. Most current revolvers have hammer blocks, striker pistols will not go off, so it musta been a milsurplus 1911 and the safety got knocked to the on position inside the backpack. If that were the real deal, it must have been just one ND that bounced off the boy's skull and hit teacher in the wrist. (I've seen .45 bounce off 2x4 when hit at an angle. I guess the others were injured in the panicked flight from the school.
Must be a 1911? Wow. Strikerfires go off putting into a holster frequently enough. LOL Most any gun shoved into a backpack with various objects bouncing around in it are subject to going off if cocked.

In this article the police are saying the gun was not registered and did not mention an make or caliber and they state they have no clue were the girl got the gun

Must be a 1911? Wow. Strikerfires go off putting into a holster frequently enough. LOL Most any gun shoved into a backpack with various objects bouncing around in it are subject to going off if cocked.

LOL

Strikerfires are not cocked. But my post was tongue-in-cheek. ;)

Her story is ridiculous. "I had the gun in my backpack and I didn't know it was loaded and my backpack fell and the gun went off"

WTF?

Really interested to know what make/model gun she had. Most likely candidate in my mind is a revolver that had the hammer cocked. Seems at least possible that the trigger could get jostled in SA mode. Not likely in DA mode. If 1911, even in condition 1, you would need three things to happen, the grip safety being depressed and the trigger being pulled and the safety being off.

Just don't understand kids these days, what is a 12-year old doing getting their hands on a loaded gun? Jeez...

My dad had a loaded gun in the house. My brother and I knew where it was (he told us) and NEVER went near it. No friggin' way.

Can't speak for my bro but I didn't touch the gun the whole time I lived at home and never even put my hand on it until my dad died. It was a S&W .38. My brother still has it and keeps it as his self defense weapon. We knew there would be hell to pay if we played with it, so we didn't.

Prayers to the victims. The kid shot in the head and the girl in the wrist. I had kids in my Jr high, 7-9th graders, bringing revolvers to school. Not many but this was in the late 70s. We also had two armed security guards we called Starsky and Hutch. One day they got the snot kicked out of them by two 8th grade girls that caught them off guard.

One of the girls hit Hutch in the head with his own radio. The old brick of a radio they used to have. While Starsky was trying to figure out why Hutch was on the ground the other girl just went to town of his face clawing and scratching. It took a few minutes for them to get control of the girls. They surprisingly used minimal force the wobbled to the office. We never saw the guards again after that.

While the girl in this case may be an innocent flower that packs heat and an "A" student. I doubt it. The news accounts have been very vague. They have even been pretty light on the gun hate. Just another story they want to go away for some reason.

Last Edited:
The last post made me put on my conspiracy theory hat for why they are just trying to bury the story:

What are the odds that the kid in question is a Dreamer or an illegal immigrant (I guess the former is still the latter, but I digress...)? Wouldn't that put the Kalifornians in a pickle? Not saying that she is, but maybe that is the reason this isn't making headline news.

If it were a rich white kid in Beverly Hills, I'll bet it would have had much more national coverage...

The last post made me put on my conspiracy theory hat for why they are just trying to bury the story:

What are the odds that the kid in question is a Dreamer or an illegal immigrant (I guess the former is still the latter, but I digress...)? Wouldn't that put the Kalifornians in a pickle? Not saying that she is, but maybe that is the reason this isn't making headline news.

If it were a rich white kid in Beverly Hills, I'll bet it would have had much more national coverage...
Very likely true on both your counts.

Lack of news coverage suggests to me there is strong inside pull . . . daughter of a prominent member of that community, school board member, citizen oversight committee, chief of police, etc.

Police recovered a semi-automatic handgun after the shooting. TV video from helicopters showed a dark-haired girl in a sweatshirt being led from the school in handcuffs as anxious parents and family members gathered on a street corner, many crying and talking on their phones as they waited.

It has been over two weeks and I was only able to find one more story about this. Crazy. I cannot believe how little news there has been on this. Obviously does not fit the narrative that the anti-gunners and media want, so they are pushing it to the back page.

LAPD still searching for owner of gun that went off in Westlake classroom

No they aren't, in my opinion. In LA this won't be the crime of the century and unless they can connect it to a big drug bust or something TV worthy this story will fade away. Again, only legal gun ownership in California are at risk. There are plenty of otherwise law abiding folks there carrying. Whether they are business owners dealing with cash, people with real safety concerns or just Americans that the state won't recognize their legal rights to arms. California criminals are never effected by gun control, magazine capacity, wait periods or even in this case, giving guns to children.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top