JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For one, hindsight is inadmissible in use of force reviews and there is no hindsight here. No more information was gained that makes Landros a victim or the officer's actions unreasonable.

Secondly, people tell you you have no authority to do this or that. Pretty sure police other than the SRO wouldn't be on scene if there was no reason. Oh, and people always say they are leaving and/or complying when they are really not. Believing them is dumb. Thats how they get around you and do bad things and you end up getting fired for it.

Third, Officer Johns kept Landros from being able to get down the hall and Officer Timm kept him from having somewhere else to go. I'm not sure where Landros' child comes into play, but reports say the kid walked into the incident as it was unfolding. Had the officer let go, who knows what Landros intentions were with that kid and/or the mother.

Fourth, the officer didn't escalate the situation, he was trying to control the situation. Landros' behavior escalated and the officers reacted. As soon as Landros became beligerent and pushed back at the officer, they had an assault. Even if you assume the officers were trying to bum beef the dude, when is it okay to draw and start shooting as a response?

No_Regerts I owe you an apology. From the brief video, it looked like Officer Johns went hands on too soon, but his professional instinct to maintain control of Landros is probably what kept them alive that day. We are just now learning about how dangerous Landros was from his online posts and the groups he associated with.

No_Regerts I owe you an apology. From the brief video, it looked like Officer Johns went hands on too soon, but his professional instinct to maintain control of Landros is probably what kept them alive that day. We are just now learning about how dangerous Landros was from his online posts and the groups he associated with.

No apology needed, we are just bs-ing on a forum. My main point is that everything, no matter how righteous, looks really bad on camera. Its ugly and doesn't look clean like in the movies. Though most people like us, firearm enthusiasts, have contemplated having to use violence to defend ourselves, lots of other people haven't. They are amazingly naive and when they see these videos, they get uncomfortable.

One thing that body cams really do show is the difference between when you CAN use force vs when you NEED to use force. Policies come out of court rulings that try to simplify things by creating mental check boxes for when criteria have been met to use a certain level of force.

A good example was a guy I arrested yesterday. He was squirmy, wasn't immediately "compliant" because he was crying and scared because he was going to jail. Dude was emotional and had to be told several times to do things. Afterwards, another officer with less experience asked me if he should have taken him to the ground. My answer was that he could have and it would have been justifiable, but he didn't need to and probably saved us a bunch of time at the ER to fix the road rash that results from that stuff.

Called it!

View attachment 537580
In Memoriam: Charles (Charlie) Landeros, 1988-January 11, 2019
Charles (Charlie) Landeros was a 30-year-old person who was shot and killed by unknown Eugene police officer(s) on the morning of January 11, 2019. Charlie was born in Hong Kong, and migrated with their family to the US, where Charlie was raised on Kalapuya land in Eugene, Oregon. Charlie attended Cascade Middle School, also where they were tragically killed yesterday, and graduated from Willamette High School, enlisted in the Army at age 17. Upon being honorably discharged from the military, he attended the University of Oregon. Charlie was most proud of being a parent to two daughters ages 10 and 12 and has (had) custody of his daughters. Witness: man killed by police was shot in front of daughter
An eyewitness to the shooting said Landeros was shot in front of his daughter.

Looks like he was some sort of SJW activist at U of O. College photos

View attachment 537581 View attachment 537583

Maybe a little fruity

View attachment 537582

So not an Angry Evil White Male. Eugene Police have some 'splaiing to do.

A city-data.com database lists Landeros as a licensed pilot and aviation mechanic as well.
Was also a member of antifa. Also my neighbor. Always figured he was a nut job. Just not at this level.

DC Antifa Leader Charged With 'Ethnic Intimidation' Related To Attack On Marines… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

DC Antifa Leader Charged With 'Ethnic Intimidation' Related To Attack On Marines…

Washington, D.C. Antifa leader Joseph "Jose" Alcoff, also known as "Chepe," was recently arrested and charged with multiple felonies in Philadelphia in connection to the Antifa mob attack against two Marines in November.
Alcoff faces 17 charges, including multiple counts of aggravated assault, ethnic intimidation, conspiracy and terroristic threats, and one count of robbery while inflicting serious bodily injury.
An affidavit filed in the case reveals that The Daily Caller News Foundation's reporting on Alcoff's connection to violent Antifa groups was an integral factor leading to his arrest.

"Portland is a welcoming city, the resolution states"
cea_f92patriotprayerantifaaugust420185618.jpg

"And we just won't tolerate hate in any form"
2dd_617patriotprayerclasheswithrosecityantifajune305052.jpg

111-9.jpg

How can Patriot Prayer be the bad guys when they had the permits and the Anarchist showed up with their faces covered, carrying weapons. Who caused property damage and assaulted the Police - not Patriot Prayer.

It is obvious who Portland sides with - anything left of center. All those right of center are racists and cause problems. I just about fell over when I read the article.

How can Patriot Prayer be the bad guys when they had the permits and the Anarchist showed up with their faces covered, carrying weapons. Who caused property damage and assaulted the Police - not Patriot Prayer.

It is obvious who Portland sides with - anything left of center. All those right of center are racists and cause problems. I just about fell over when I read the article.

You should read the original City Council to Sign Resolution Denouncing White Supremacy and Alt-Right Groups in Portland

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top