JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know, here in OR we're entitled to use force to defend property, and if Mr. Perp makes the mistake of charging the homeowner who confronts him, then the homeowner has every right to use lethal force to defend himself against the attack. I assume it's more or less the same in WA.

I wonder if we'll ever hear whether the holes in Mr. Perp are in the front or the back? I'd also like to hear about his record. I'm all for giving dumb kids lots of second chances, but not endlessly throughout their wasted adult lives.

We just don't know if the bad guy was a threat - or if he had ever been a threat to anyone. It's not like the homeowner caught him inside his house. It'd be a shame to find out he was a teenage ninja who was only sneaking around at night for thrills.

Now if he was just another tweaker swiping something to trade for his next rock, then he was bent on suicide anyway, case closed.

I would think some type of weapon should be next to perp. screw driver, pry bar, knife, gun whatever. hopefully for home owner it wasnt a back shot. its sad to say but if perp does not make it then there may be one less lawsuit also.

Latest I read has the perp at room temperature.
Shot in the upper torso with a shotgun.

I dont think it matters if it was inside the house or not. If the shooter is in fear of serious physical harm or death then (well at least in OR) then lethal force is justified. Not enough facts out there yet though.
You can pretty much bet there will be a civil suit though, even if LEO finds it a good shoot.

I just watched the story on Koin 6. Sheriff said no charges have been filed and it is likey to remain that way.
However Koin 6 posted up the law on the 'use of physical force' in OR and WA. For Oregon they are looking at the wrong section of the statute. There is another section that deals with the use of 'Deadly' physical force.

Since I don't know the facts, I can't comment on if the homeowner is safe legally or not. But I hope he is.

If you are older and someone younger charges at you and you are holding a gun, it would seem reasonable , not only that, that person is not in sound mind. but that he could overpower you and use your gun against you. That would be a life threatening threat in my mind.

What if the guy was shot inside the home but managed to take off before collapsing? It would look like he'd been shot outside. I assume bad guys don't always drop on the spot.

Again, modern forensics can pretty much prove this to be or not to be

Yes modern forensics and prove a lot of things. The funny thing is, a lot of time there isn't time or budget for it. I'm sure you don't imply that real life and CSI are the same thing, but often times 'forensics' is basically people taking pictures and picking up obvious things for cataloging. But I digress...

Yes modern forensics and prove a lot of things. The funny thing is, a lot of time there isn't time or budget for it. I'm sure you don't imply that real life and CSI are the same thing, but often times 'forensics' is basically people taking pictures and picking up obvious things for cataloging. But I digress...

What I am saying is that if the cops truly suspect bad acting on the part of the shooter or if it's an anti gun jurisdiction they can put forth the effort to get a conviction. Usually blood trails, forensic evidence on the body and evidence laying about the scene and an autopsy are sufficient

I've never watched CSI in fact I killed our "one eyed god's" incoming transmissions 12 + years ago

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top