JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let's be mindful we don't bash the Police here. Are there bad apples, yes just as any other profession, but the generalized bashing of the police can stop now.

Thank you.
When I read some story like this one first thing I "think" is, did the press turn it into all but fiction. If it really was as bad as the story? The only Cop I would want to see gone after is the one in charge who set this in motion. If they were held to account a few times suddenly others would start to become a LOT more careful before sending their guys to do something like this.

Louisville police pursued 'no-knock' search warrant in fatal shooting of EMT in her home

This article is really interesting. It has a few pieces of information (true or not? dunno).
1. The police had a "No Knock" warrant from the judge. They claim they identified themselves, but they didn't have to according to the warrant.
2. The police in that jurisdiction do not wear body cams. So it's all he said/she said. Did they identify? They say yes, Walker and neighbors say no. Who knows the truth? We may never find out.

There will probably be an investigation from higher-ups...state of feds. Let's wait until that's concluded before we throw stones. IF what we know is indeed fact, heads will roll. At a minimum it sounds like extremely poor planning, execution and leadership.

Let's be mindful we don't bash the Police here. Are there bad apples, yes just as any other profession, but the generalized bashing of the police can stop now.

Thank you.
Not necessarily bad mouthing police, but perhaps procedures and policies, if they have time to get a no knock warrant, shouldn't they have time to verify who lives there even if it means doing a little surveillance? My home is my castle and warrants to enter are way to easy in my opinion, catch somebody outside and reduce the risk and error of in house gunfights.

Not necessarily bad mouthing police, but perhaps procedures and policies, if they have time to get a no knock warrant, shouldn't they have time to verify who lives there even if it means doing a little surveillance? My home is my castle and warrants to enter are way to easy in my opinion, catch somebody outside and reduce the risk and error of in house gunfights.
Fair point and that would make sense to question practices, tactics & procedures. We just don't want this thread to circle the drain of police bashing.

I hope my comment was not too brash but the year is 2020 and communication should be better across all professions. Lack of communication in medicine can lead to a deadly error(s), as they have - I have seen it happen among my peers.

Not brash at all. Its hard to explain, but I'll do my best. All these LE agencies operate under separate, politically influenced administrations. Cooperation and information sharing varies between agencies, officially. For instance, my agency will allow verbal information sharing, but data and case notes have to be obtained by public disclosure inquiries (between LE agencies!). We are under order to not assist or cooperate with some agencies, such as ICE.

If a guy gets arrested, time will dictate whether he is on the jail roster. Some jails are private or don't have the money to participate in quick booking notifications. For instance, I know exactly when someone I'm looking for gets booked into county jail. It might be days before he shows up on a tribal jail roster. It may be he gets booked in some podunk place that doesn't maintain a roster for the public.

My wife is in the medical field and I see the way they chart and how quickly the info can get to another care provider. But, .gov politics aren't as big a deal.

We don't know what surveillance was done. Common vehicles at both addresses and mail for the intended bad guy was being sent to her address.

Depending on what the subject matter was for the warrant, the body is often less important as the evidence. If guy comes out, great. You restrain him and commence with your search once third parties are accounted for. But, that's also when evidence gets destroyed. SCOTUS has ruled if time would reasonably result in destroyed or lost evidence, exigent circumstances exist.

If they were looking for drugs, knocked and announced like they say, and dude was ready for a gunfight like he was, its plausible that no drugs were found because he flushed them.

I'm speculating to that, since there's lots of speculation going on in this thread.

JBRS/JX is way better than Vinelink, IMO. Started by WA sherriff. Every WA county/local jail is supposed to be linked in, and real time booking info is available along with setting watches that notify if an individual gets booked.

It happens when our politicians, judges, and courts fail to administer justice and dump it all at the feet of our Police.

Very true. The same police everyone expects will lay their lives on the line to save them. :rolleyes:

discussion of facts is always police bashing when there is NO justification for their action.

Not true. Earlier in this thread it was suggested that the LEO's involved all be shot and killed.

That isn't facts. That's hatred.

They are a tragedy just waiting to happen.
They came about after numerous tragedies of officers getting shot through doors, criminals that were pushing drugs onto our kids having time to flush them before entries or escaping before they could be caught.

4th Amendment:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Note, "unreasonable searches," not no-knock searches. Had a warrant. If it was a no-knock (facts still cloudy on this) then a judge decided to allow this, not the police. Since the constitution uses words like "unreasonable" there will always need to be case decisions to provide guidance. I don't always like them either but they are pretty set in these areas and used hundreds of times each day around the country with favorable results for society...we just don't read about them.

Welcome to NWF by the way.

We don't know what surveillance was done. Common vehicles at both addresses and mail for the intended bad guy was being sent to her address.

Depending on what the subject matter was for the warrant, the body is often less important as the evidence. If guy comes out, great. You restrain him and commence with your search once third parties are accounted for. But, that's also when evidence gets destroyed. SCOTUS has ruled if time would reasonably result in destroyed or lost evidence, exigent circumstances exist.

If they were looking for drugs, knocked and announced like they say, and dude was ready for a gunfight like he was, its plausible that no drugs were found because he flushed them.

I'm speculating to that, since there's lots of speculation going on in this thread.
I guess I am surprised from the fact that they

Guess I'm just surprised that if you think someone is drug trafficking as they say and you have been following them, you use methods other than sending officers into a house with unknown occupants.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top