JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is pretty disgusting.
The fact they charged this guy for defending his home when they were negligent is horrific. And this poor young lady lost her life because they F'd up.

I hope her family and BF get millions, but it still won't be enough.

Probably just a tactic to try and shift blame and deflect from what sounds like major incompetence on the cops part.

Good gracious - if they want someone that bad, wouldn't it be easier to just grab them while they are at work, or announce they are there at the house. Announcing they are there and need so and so to come out doesn't sound nearly as explosive, #1 it prevents someone from immediately shooting as their house is getting broke into.#2 if the person does want to shoot it out - they are already in there house and it isn't any different than this F up.

Probably just a tactic to try and shift blame and deflect from what sounds like major incompetence on the cops part.

Good gracious - if they want someone that bad, wouldn't it be easier to just grab them while they are at work, or announce they are there at the house. Announcing they are there and need so and so to come out doesn't sound nearly as explosive, #1 it prevents someone from immediately shooting as their house is getting broke into.#2 if the person does want to shoot it out - they are already in there house and it isn't any different than this F up.

Think for a second. Enough surveillance and information existed to tie the vehicle to both addresses. Their person of interest receives mail at the address where the shooting occurred. A no-knock with 3 guys? PD says they knocked and announced who they were. 3-guys who knock on the door, sounds like a knock and talk, not a dynamic entry. Who knows why they made entry, but any number of reasons could have lead to that and would have been righteous. Upon entry, the bf is already ready and starts shooting.

The deceased can't talk. Could she have seen the whole thing going down andsaid something that caused the officers to kick the door? We don't know. There will be more info, I almost guarantee it.

Think for a second. Enough surveillance and information existed to tie the vehicle to both addresses. Their person of interest receives mail at the address where the shooting occurred. A no-knock with 3 guys? PD says they knocked and announced who they were. 3-guys who knock on the door, sounds like a knock and talk, not a dynamic entry. Who knows why they made entry, but any number of reasons could have lead to that and would have been righteous. Upon entry, the bf is already ready and starts shooting.

The deceased can't talk. Could she have seen the whole thing going down andsaid something that caused the officers to kick the door? We don't know. There will be more info, I almost guarantee it.

True - I don't have experience with trying to arrest people, though it seems talking to a guy outside or even at the front door naturally avoids the complications they faced.

True - I don't have experience with trying to arrest people, though it seems talking to a guy outside or even at the front door naturally avoids the complications they faced.
Its really going to depend on whose "truth" is truthier. If they knocked an announced, the guy is dead meat. If they didn't, he gets off and they may have some explaining to do.

It really will depend on what really happened. Did they know the guy they were after was in jail? Was any info gained from him that made them more interested in the EMT's address? Was the time elapsed between original bad guy's arrest and the incident too narrow for the officers to have reasonably known? These are all questions I'd have if I were investigating something like this.

Well, I guess you only hear about the ones that go sideways. I am sure their practice works most of the time. It's like a virus that kills .01% of the population, so shut the whole dam country down until it magically goes away on its own...

Well, I guess you only hear about the ones that go sideways. I am sure their practice works most of the time. It's like a virus that kills .01% of the population, so shut the whole dam country down until it magically goes away on its own...

If they were reckless or negligent, they need to face the music. We won't know until the investigating agency releases the findings. What sucks about being involved in a shooting with certain demographics, is information control. You'll have to divulge information to tame the flames.

Its really going to depend on whose "truth" is truthier. If they knocked an announced, the guy is dead meat. If they didn't, he gets off and they may have some explaining to do.

It really will depend on what really happened. Did they know the guy they were after was in jail? Was any info gained from him that made them more interested in the EMT's address? Was the time elapsed between original bad guy's arrest and the incident too narrow for the officers to have reasonably known? These are all questions I'd have if I were investigating something like this.

Agreed - I would simply view entering a person's house as the absolute last option that should be employed. That's the single most prominent place that people should secure in their persons. Not to mention, home invasions even at times claim to be police when entering.

I understand it is considered lawful for police to enter under specific circumstances, but I would contest that to be less than ideal anyway. I'm definitely no enemy to police, but at the same time, even as 'law-abiding' as I am, wouldn't appreciate what amounts to strangers with badges on, in my house unless I invited them.

Agreed - I would simply view entering a person's house as the absolute last option that should be employed. That's the single most prominent place that people should secure in their persons. Not to mention, home invasions even at times claim to be police when entering.

I understand it is considered lawful for police to enter under specific circumstances, but I would contest that to be less than ideal anyway. I'm definitely no enemy to police, but at the same time, even as 'law-abiding' as I am, wouldn't appreciate what amounts to strangers with badges on, in my house unless I invited them.

Trust me, clearing houses sucks. You are at a COMPLETE disadvantage. That's why the little bit of info really makes me wonder. I know what amount of info it takes for me to authorize various levels of planned arrests. I didnt see anything indicating if there was just the three officers, or if there was security posted, or what. It would be really odd for 3 guys to be by themselves, breaching doors. If that was their intent, that's crazy.

If they were reckless or negligent, they need to face the music. We won't know until the investigating agency releases the findings. What sucks about being involved in a shooting with certain demographics, is information control. You'll have to divulge information to tame the flames.
What sucks is that a woman who wasn't on whatever warrant they had is dead and her SO who is a first line responder just like the PD is now under arrest for defending his home. The issue is that the police didn't verify their info before they went to an apartment to arrest someone. Seems like officer error to me. This sort of situation is becoming more commonplace or people report it more, not sure which but if you are in a position of public trust you are held to a higher standard, you can't just screw up like a normal person with normal consequences. I appreciate law enforcement but it is well past time they fall under UCMJ or a civil version of it, DAs and Judges as well, there needs to be repercussions for errors if you are in a position of public trust. Add military gear and the tactical costumes they wear now and it's more apropos. We will get more info as the story matured but this reads as a cut and dry screw up by the LEOs.

Yes, I agree 100%. My original point was based on half @ss info, my fault. But, my other point about race is not an issue is still valid. The victim's family and media will play that up to no end, and the truth won't matter. Everyone will be losers in this case.

We will get more info as the story matured but this reads as a cut and dry screw up by the LEOs.

Its not cut and dry because the circumstances as reported by the plaintiff's lawyer don't pass the smell test. It just doesn't make any sense as its been described. The investigators can't put out info, but there is likely some facts we aren't getting from the attorney.

I am going to say a few words as someone from Appalachia. It is KY. I don't say that as being derogatory. It just means there is a very good chance that education, income, funding are probably quite low comparatively. Culture tends to be very influential here too in how the law works.

A version of the story I read said the guy of interest had already been arrested prior to this screw-up. What for the lack of communication!

A version of the story I read said the guy of interest had already been arrested prior to this screw-up. What for the lack of communication!

I saw that too. Thats where I was wondering in a previous post what the timeframe was. For instance, if we decide we are going after a guy on Thursday morning at 0600, we will have already de-conflicted with other agencies to make sure we aren't stepping on each others toes. But, if dude got booked the night before, he likely won't show on the jail roster until later the next day. We may or may not have a vinelink set up on that name. If he was booked locally, we might get tipped off. if not, we might not hear about it. Sometimes, if our agency has a warrant in the system, we'll get notified if it was cleared.

The communication in my county is really good. I've worked places where it wasn't so good.

I was brought up to respect the police . I have become a bit jaded since my younger days , but still I 'm surprised and disappointed by the amount of venom from some here towards the police . .

As in most events the early information is often incomplete or downright wrong . Jumping on an early bandwagon is ripe for making one look like an *** . IMO .

To me much of this could have been clarrified by body cams .
Any officers in today's environment should have them .

George

Let's be mindful we don't bash the Police here. Are there bad apples, yes just as any other profession, but the generalized bashing of the police can stop now.

Thank you.

I was brought up to respect the police . I have become a bit jaded since my younger days , but still I 'm surprised and disappointed by the amount of venom from some here towards the police . .

As in most events the early information is often incomplete or downright wrong . Jumping on an early bandwagon is ripe for making one look like an *** . IMO .

To me much of this could have been clarrified by body cams .
Any officers in today's environment should have them .

George
Body cams are great ideas but hardly ever clear in gabbing all the action or evidence especially when running after a perp. There has been a few instances where police were outfitted with a body cam but for whatever reason(s) it was off.

I saw that too. Thats where I was wondering in a previous post what the timeframe was. For instance, if we decide we are going after a guy on Thursday morning at 0600, we will have already de-conflicted with other agencies to make sure we aren't stepping on each others toes. But, if dude got booked the night before, he likely won't show on the jail roster until later the next day. We may or may not have a vinelink set up on that name. If he was booked locally, we might get tipped off. if not, we might not hear about it. Sometimes, if our agency has a warrant in the system, we'll get notified if it was cleared.

The communication in my county is really good. I've worked places where it wasn't so good.
I hope my comment was not too brash but the year is 2020 and communication should be better across all professions. Lack of communication in medicine can lead to a deadly error(s), as they have - I have seen it happen among my peers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top