JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
** Mods: I wasn't sure where to put this so by all means move it if you feel it belongs somewhere else.

I have not read the full article given its length (165 pages) but this looks to be a pretty deep dive into the history of various types of bans on particular types of arms in America through 1899...but it also includes bans in England until the time of American Independence. Kopel also notes, "If this Article described only possession bans for adults, it would be very short."

The two paragraphs below are from the "articles" introduction

Kopel's Intro:

The full article...165 Pages:

This Article describes the history of bans on particular types of arms in America, through 1899. It also describes arms bans in England until the time of American independence. Arms encompassed in this article include firearms, knives, swords, blunt weapons, and many others. While arms advanced considerably from medieval England through the nineteenth-century United States, bans on particular types of arms were rare.

The U.S. Supreme Court's decision New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen instructed lower courts to decide Second Amendment cases "consistent with Heller, which demands a test rooted in the Second Amendment's text, as informed by history."1 Bruen examined the legal history of restrictions on the right to bear arms through 1899. 2 This Article focuses on one aspect of the legal history of the right to keep arms: prohibitions on particular types of arms. Part I describes prohib

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top