JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Excellent video here about common use. It's a critical term and he lays out the history and why it's critical in the future for striking down CA existing and possible WA, and OR future semi auto rifle bans. Worth watching imo.

ATF recently said in their final rule the AR-15 is one of the most popular rifles in the country. Guns in common use cannot be banned! Oops!

This is one reason I keep saying we need to call magazines "common-use standard capacity" magazines. Words matter. Common use firearms cannot be banned!

Last Edited:
All the terms are carefully crafted to mislead ....
  • assault rifle
  • high-capacity magazine
  • gun violence
Ya get the pitcher, rite? Don't use their brainwashing terms/tools ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Heller and a Mass. Court used that to overturn the ban on tasers

Caetano v. Mass.

Related; Ramirez v. Commonwealth.

Heller and a Mass. Court used that to overturn the ban on tasers

Caetano v. Mass.

Related; Ramirez v. Commonwealth.
Those aren't firearms. I know what you're saying but it hasn't fleshed out yet.

Webster doesn't write US gun laws
Words have meaning. Arms isn't restricted to firearms in the context of the 2nd Amendment in which "the Right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". Nowhere in the 2A does it say "the right of the People to keep and bear firearms". :rolleyes:

And from the definition I linked; "4. In law, arms are any thing which a man takes in his hand in anger, to strike or assault another." Emphasis added by me

Words have meaning. Arms isn't restricted to firearms in the context of the 2nd Amendment in which "the Right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". Nowhere in the 2A does it say "the right of the People to keep and bear firearms". :rolleyes:

The ATF doesn't regulate swords.

And yeah the Taser iis technically considered a firearm and sometimes even an AOW

The ATF doesn't regulate swords.
So? The ATF didn't regulate stun guns, but the State of Massachusetts did. And SCOTUS says in Caetano that stun guns are arms and in common use therefore Massachusetts cannot prohibit them. In the same vein, States could in theory try to prohibit things like knives and bladed weapons of certain lengths and styles, but 2A says they're arms :rolleyes: if the ATF have admitted that AR15s are common use, then they may have opened themselves to a suit that could set a precedence that common use /common configured firearms cannot be blanket-banned (as California and others did); but could still leave them to be regulated similarly to NFA firearms.

So? The ATF didn't regulate stun guns, but the State of Massachusetts did. And SCOTUS says in Caetano that stun guns are arms and in common use therefore Massachusetts cannot prohibit them. In the same vein, States could in theory try to prohibit things like knives and bladed weapons of certain lengths and styles, but 2A says they're arms :rolleyes: if the ATF have admitted that AR15s are common use, then they may have opened themselves to a suit that could set a precedence that common use /common configured firearms cannot be blanket-banned (as California and others did); but could still leave them to be regulated similarly to NFA firearms.
Stun guns are not tasers

Taser use a explosive charge to propel electrified barbs. They fall within the purview of the ATF and the NFA sometimes. Stun guns do not.
Citation please.

"any of various handheld weapons that shoot small pellet-filled bags, tranquilizer darts, darts attached to electric wires, or the like to immobilize a person or animal briefly and without injury."

Citation please.

"any of various handheld weapons that shoot small pellet-filled bags, tranquilizer darts, darts attached to electric wires, or the like to immobilize a person or animal briefly and without injury."

Caetano v. Massachusetts was a very interesting case that kind of flew under the radar for a while but will likely have huge impact going forward. In a nutshell, Massachusetts tried to use the tired argument that the 2A only applies to arms in existence at the time of its enactment. You know what I'm talking about..."the Second Amendment only applies to muskets" argument.

The Massachusetts Supreme Court had said that Caetano's stun gun was "not the type of weapon that is eligible for Second Amendment protection" because it was "not in common use at the time of enactment."

The SCOTUS vacated that ruling (unanimously) by stating that "the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding" and that "the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States"

-E-

Last Edited:
Webster doesn't write US gun laws

And from the definition I linked; "4. In law, arms are any thing which a man takes in his hand in anger, to strike or assault another." Emphasis added by me
The problem with Mirriam Websters is they are infiltrated with the woke and they'll rewrite their dictionary to make any definition meet the definition the woke want it to mean.

Merriam-Webster Changed The Definitions Of The Words "Female" And "Girl"

They did this when justice Jackson was in hearings, to mess with the definition of a woman. They were caught doing it many times when various topics came up in the news. I have zero doubt that a message from Bloomburg or Giffords would get them to rewrite the definition of arms any way they request.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top