JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pending court cases won't stop enactment. The state legislature would just go ahead and pass it, the bill would get signed, then the AG and whoever else would deal with any challenges. In any case, things of this sort just don't happen that quickly.

There's that Cali AWB case I think that is due to be decided on soon? And it'll go up to the 9th District which covers Oregon, WA, Idaho, Montana, California, and where else?
Similar, nearly identical laws, have already been struck down. SCOTUS has already ruled that you can't put excessive rules on ownership that it essentially bans an entire class of weapons. Think about it. Threaded barrel for flash suppressor, is on almost every semi-auto rifle. All semi auto rifles under 30" inches banned. Even an adjustable stock (if you have a rifle it can go on), is banned. Any semi-auto rifle, pistol, or shotgun is banned that is "capable of attaching an external magazine). Hell, even some pistols are banned under the assault weapon ban legislation.

And worse for progressives, they ADMIT that is the intent, in this very bill. QED!

That essentially bans 90% of all semi-autos. This will be overturned.

However
, I'm pretty sure there is a fatal flaw in this bill, which I'm not even going to mention until after it's passed. Otherwise, they would just fix the mistake. I'd rather have them start over, preferable only to dropping this.

Voters are key to stopping these laws. They must be educated, and they must VOTE democrats out of office. That is the only route to freedom in WA. I really don't think democrats understand the ramifications of these bad laws. That's where the education comes in. It does no good to just preach to the choir. You need to preach to the heathens.

Last Edited:
Voters are key to stopping these laws. They must be educated, and they must VOTE democrats out of office. That is the only route to freedom in WA. I really don't think democrats understand the ramifications of these bad laws. That's where the education comes in. It does no good to just preach to the choir. You need to preach to the heathens.
This is what you are up against:

Crosscut has a left-center bias, but the contents of this article are difficult to dispute. At the end of the article, they point out that Wash. state has the same situation as has existed in Calif. for many years. Basically, they are no longer competitive two party systems.

I've been a Wash. resident for 36 years. In that time, there hasn't been a single GOP governor. Also during that time, there have overwhelmingly been Democratic trifectas in governance. With a few rare sessions where the GOP held one or the other legislative houses. I think they may have been two sessions where the GOP held both houses during the Clinton admin., (1997, 1998) of course with a Dem. governor with veto power.

Similar, nearly identical laws, have already been struck down. SCOTUS has already ruled that you can't put excessive rules on ownership that it essentially bans an entire class of weapons.
Dominant political forces don't care. It has become apparent that not even US Supreme Court decisions matter to them. They go ahead and find ways to subvert, and in some case, ignore them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top