JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
(gasp!) You mean your life is your own responsibility?! Who would have thought! :p

In all seriousness, it is refreshing to see this in a mainstream media addressing the topic. Thanks for the link. Nicely done infographics too. :)

Didn't bother to watch this one but as others mentioned most will ignore it.
People just don't learn well or remember lessons well. Many really just don't believe it will happen to them. They see news about places where some disaster leaves people all but helpless and think "won't happen to me". <shrug>
This last great panic was a great example on a smaller scale. I had tried all my life to get shooters to keep a good supply of what they used. Few did. When this hit and lasted a while I pissed off a few who were screaming conspiracy theories. I said if you don't like the scalping why did you not have stuff like .22 ammo socked away? Or if you wanted a damn AR, why did you wait till there is a panic going on to decide to buy one? Many got real mad at me for saying it. Now that we are rolling in guns and ammo I have zero doubt many will forget all about this. Until the next one.

The vast majority of people are dumb and won't even listen to the media they cling to, for everything in there life.

See you hit it right on the head there. If they see something they like they are all over it. If the same media they worship says something "uncomfortable" they either ignore it or say it's fake. <shrug>

Problem is these hordes who think nothing is ever going to happen can be dangerous when SHTF. Many of them become like cornered animals. When civil society breaks down it's VERY unpleasant to see.

The tame lame article did say in some cases longer than two weeks. What they did not say was how much longer how much longer than two weeks in some cases might really be?

Why not just write a nice mainstream article telling it like it is? Why lie through omission?

Down here in pathetic SW OR USA we can not even $afford$ to have ANY police protection during normal times, sosss how in the world should we expect instant massive help at all?

Not just two weeks. Two months? Two years? Or ... never ever. You is justs shiet outta luck Dude!

I share the same concerns as everyone else, but I'll accept any increase in the recommended self-sufficiency duration. It used to be three days, now it is becoming more common to recommend 14 days. A good start.

Many won't comply and some cannot afford to comply, but again it's a good start.

Please share that mainstream media article with friends and family who are not as prepared as they should be. :)

It would be smart to check what the liberal media is really up to.
As things progress and more and more is written about preparing I'll wager that the next step is for them to suggest some government agency should register the inventory of those who do prepare.

You don't think so . . . WE SHALL SEE!!!

Sheldon

History has shown many times that when prepared individuals collide with needful governments, the individuals always lose.

You are right we should not be prepared for anything and walk around going bah bah bah... Like good little sheep. I hope your comment was a typo or something. Perhaps you were looking for a more liberal site to post on... Kool aid drinkers anonymous or something like that ;)

Yea right.. as long as I got my smartphone I'll be OK.
Yep this is 2017.. Amazon will just fire up the gennys and keep all the push button survivors well supplied in a grid down situation.
first thing to order is an extra battery for that smart phone... and make sure you have Prime. that free two day shipping will be handy when SHTF.

Didn't bother to watch this one but as others mentioned most will ignore it.
People just don't learn well or remember lessons well. Many really just don't believe it will happen to them. They see news about places where some disaster leaves people all but helpless and think "won't happen to me". <shrug>
This last great panic was a great example on a smaller scale. I had tried all my life to get shooters to keep a good supply of what they used. Few did. When this hit and lasted a while I pissed off a few who were screaming conspiracy theories. I said if you don't like the scalping why did you not have stuff like .22 ammo socked away? Or if you wanted a damn AR, why did you wait till there is a panic going on to decide to buy one? Many got real mad at me for saying it. Now that we are rolling in guns and ammo I have zero doubt many will forget all about this. Until the next one.
It is better to pay a dollar a round and feel luck that to buy cases at .33 per round when there are tons available. $3000.00 ARs are more fun than the same Ar that costs 799.00

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews