Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Kimber Solo Carry

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by deen_ad, Sep 25, 2011.

1. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Has anyone gotten one and tried it out? I like to carry a Kahr CW45 but this 9mm Kimber has me thinking bout it.

2. PDXoriginal

PDXoriginal PNW Well-Known Member

Still MIA.

Every Kimber dealer I've talked with so far have double digit waiting lists.

Not to mention those who actually have them are reporting problems. I was waiting for the Solo myself, but I plan on waiting a long time to see if the problems were worked out whenever production finally ramps up.

3. Mookie

Mookie Eastern Washington Active Member

Talked to a local store about them because I saw the mags for sale and was curious. They got 3 in a while back and sold them the same day, they have a waiting list

4. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

I'm in the same boat. It's such a sweet looking little gun, but it sounds like a problem child so far.

5. Doubletap

Doubletap Newberg Well-Known Member

Stickin with my PM9..proven..reliable..hard to improve on....

6. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

The few that have made it to market seem to be having some real issues. The three people i know from youtube that have them have all had to return them for repairs. Everything from mags falling out while shooting to complete lock ups. It is a new design and will require some tweaking before it is 100%.

7. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I have been giving some thought to obtaining one ever since I read the write up in the October 2011 issue of the American Rifleman.

8. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, guess I'll wait and see if they can get it as reliable as my Taurus, Century Arms and Kel Tec's since they're reliable in my hands!! Even the P-40 with a SIG 357 barrel works just fine.

9. djgaloot

djgaloot Oregon City Member

I have a kahr P9 and really like it so I was looking at the Solo. It sounds like they introduced it too soon. This may be a case where it is better to wait until version 2 comes out.

10. PDXoriginal

PDXoriginal PNW Well-Known Member

I have lost all interest in the solo. Have yet to hear a good thing from anyone who has one other than they are having problems.

The Beretta Nano now has my attention, I am just waiting for a chance to check one out.

11. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I had one in hand a few days ago and it felt quite nice. Supposed to have an optional extended mag. I would buy one if it was available.