JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, any flat feeler gauge set that you can buy at an auto parts store will work. Cock the gun, (be sure it's empty) pull the trigger and insert the feeler between the bolt head and carrier (in the mag well) it should be from .020 to .006, and it should not drop until you have shot thousands of rounds. Essential parts are oversize rollers (+2/+4/+6,etc) and pins for them

Thanks! :)

Keeping a log of rds and gap from round one is a really sharp idea.. the higher the bolt gap number the better, up to about .022 or so. 006 is as low as you should go, not good

After purchasing the rifle (here on this site's classifieds!), my first purchases were rollers, an extra firing pin, and extractor, via RTG, and I replaced the somewhat-cheesy Century stock and handguard with a green military set.

Keeping a log of rds and gap from round one is a really sharp idea..

Will do. To be honest, as much as I like it, I don't shoot it very much, mostly because I hate field stripping and cleaning it. Removing the buttstock is of course, a piece of cake, but cleaning the chamber area is a b!tch and it always takes a long time to get the bolt carrier group back together properly....yeah, I know...I gotta practice doing that $h!t. :)

You've probably seen my PTRs on the show your guns thread, an A3 stock and a Mag Pul adjustable, and the new 52 pistol I'll be packing at the rally with my fun SHREK sign

I have a real HK91 A3 and IMO the PTRs are pretty close in quality, especially if they have German internals

If you have a few hundred thru the gun then you likely have a good one.. congrats.. to clean out that chamber/bolt area, go to harbor freight tools and buy their brush pack, or use a bottle brush with hot water/dish detergent/elbow grease and then if you have compressed air, blow dry

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top