JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love my plastic p30. I'm not the biggest fan of 1911's so haven't got an expensive one yet. If I do get another one I would get a para due to the larger capacity. And there is no rime or reason why I spent a few more bucks on particular pistols. I also own inexpensive ones like Sig 250 and Sig 2022. Love them both also.

I have owned HK's over the years but never a Kimber. I'm not a huge 1911 fan myself and don't consider myself an expert on them. I will say that I think they make a very quality firearm though....

As far as HK is concerned, I feel that they are one of the best weapons made. Why do I not own one now? Aftermarket parts, accessories, etc. They are in the same realm as owning a Mercedes. Everything about them costs twice as much, but they are a pleasure to operate and function flawlessly when well maintained.

Do your research, take a deep breath, make your purchase. Ten minutes reading reviews in Gun Tests will give an unbiased recommendation. Go from there. Everyone here has,and will offer an opinion. I prefer facts from professionals. Free advice is worth what you pay for it.

HK inside joke ;)

hksucks3.jpg

I don't know about kimber, but you are paying HK for their design/engineering cost. too bad they didn't spend enough time for trigger. :s0112:

Today I went to sportman's & the first guns I asked to handle were the HK45 & Rem R1 enhanced w threaded barrel lol. I'm bored with glocks/XD's & M&P's

HK- because you suck & we hate you
Regret Selling my last Remington R1. Beautiful Gun.

same operation by Spanish CETME...... of which many people turn into G3 look-alikes....and in turn, has been based on the design of the STG45(M) and the MG42... it is of interest that while many people praise the HK series, many also decry the CETME as a "poor man's G3" when in fact, the CETME Model B in 7.62x51 NATO was the basis of the G3 series.

I believe a lot of that is the USA Century Arms builds that were so inferior to original CETME and HK quality, and gave black eye (falsely) to the platform

HK inside joke ;)

hksucks3.jpg

I don't know about kimber, but you are paying HK for their design/engineering cost. too bad they didn't spend enough time for trigger. :s0112:

That is a classic FAIL HK ad, anyone who wants to truly know HKs can join HKpro forum, but act adult or you won't last long

I am a Quality Assurance Manager by trade and the old adage of "You get what you pay for" generally holds true in firearms (but not always). In the case of the HK look up their torture testing and you will see some amazing stuff like intentionally blocking the barrel with a spud round then firing another round. The dang thing not only didn't blow up it kept working with only a slight bluge in the barrel. I own both HK's and Glocks and they are both fine firearms but when you strip them side by side you will see distinct differences in the quality of the components and how they are made. Something else to think about is buying used to reduce the cost a bit, I look for what I call " Near virgins" which are guns that guys bring home and don't get into the safe before the wife sees them or they are safe queens. I have bought guns in the past that we're as new. Gary
They had to essentially weld a bolt into a Hi-Point muzzle and weld/hold the slide shut to hurt that thing.. with a blue pill proof load.

I will say this I own a HK and yes it s a flippen sweet gun. Have owned it for 6 plus years and it has served me well. Purchased a few more since then Ruger, Walther and M&P. Well still love my HK and can not really say anything bad about them. Yes there price is real scary as I wanted a 45C but the 900 dollar price tag sent me over to FN to purchase one instead.

I purchased an HK USP 45 from a forum member this last year for $650. I felt it was a good deal i couldnt lose out on but had never shot one. I own 2 PTR91Fs and was impressed with the phenomenal accuracy of them. I was hoping the pistol, being HK also, would impress me. I was not disappointed. I would now gladly pay the extra couple hundred dollars extra over a glock. It is a larger pistol and may not fit everyone but i love it :cool:

Good to know that in the world of firearms there seems to be something for everyone. From Glock to Les Baer, from .22 to 50AE, single action revolver to striker fired semi...say what you want about this country's flaws, but we still have the right (mostly) to purchase and own the firearm of our choice. Can't say that about too many other countrys.

Sounds like the OP has already made up his mind and is sitting back waiting to defend our choices. Kimber over here, by the way. Of course you are free to purchase (or not) the weapon of your choice. I have many guns in my safe, among them XDm. A good carry pistol, but I also shelled out for my Kimber. Does my choice make sense to you? With all due respect, I really don't care.

Hmmm I'm thinking the next remark is directed toward... Just because you say "With all due respect" doesn't make your post any less offensive.

Wow, it's amazing how people can be complete dicks about answering simple non loaded questions. We're all here because we love firearms, no wonder the out-side world thinks we're all elitist.
Isn't it so much more satisfying to have someone hanging on your informative answer, than looking at you funny, as you dole out sarcasm or spite-filled quips because you think someone is questioning your man(woman)hood

The OP was just wondering and looking for the communities input, not the "bubblegum" from evltwn..................

Rant over...
The HK is the best plastic gun on the market but you're going to pay Sig money for it... Kimbers look cool but they are called MIMbers for a reason. You gotta replace almost everything to get the MIM parts out of them - Frame, Slide, Barrel, Bushing, trigger and springs aren't MIM...
By the time you replace all the other parts (some should be installed by a qualified smith) you quickly find yourself nearing Les Baer money which has NO MIM parts.

Hmmm, wish I knew someone who had an H&K. Do they make a compact/conceal size? I can read reviews all I want but wanted to hear from locals what draws them!....Thanks for the responses!

H&K is to .45ACP what Glock is to 9mm. They just plain figured the cartridge out. Worth MORE than a Glock for sometimes half the price? That depends on whether you're willing to fork it out for the Glock of .45. I'm not a fan of the cartridge for a defense handgun, so it's definitely not "worth it" to me.

I can tell you that I wish I'd sold my 1911 before I sold my USP45, though. Might have changed the whole evolution of my shooting career.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top