JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have the interest tonight to watch the vids brother. I spent the afternoon putting together a Sleep Number bed I got a great deal on, along with making the base more sturdy. 3 hours of work and I'm beat. Looking forward to hopefully some comfortable sleep, we will see. I've continued to have hand numbness despite the surgery and I think it might be the POS bed I've been sleeping on. I kinda wish it only had one air chamber, as I don't need the ability to have each side adjustable but whatever. The price was right.

I'm not in a position to need to go on a diet either. I will say I am hungry right now, but being it's after 7 I won't be eating anything. I apologize for the drift. :)

Joe13, thanx for the info. I will look forward to some research.

Type 1, Type 2 gets confusing for most people. I started out as a type 2 15yrs ago in my early 50s with a biz that had me driving some 300 miles daily. I ate out, a lot. I was sedentary, I was overweight. Those are dangerous things for a person with the genes for diabetes on both sides of the family. It's the magic trifecta for becoming diabetic.

I became insulin dependent about 7yrs ago, which is the path for most type 2 diabetics. I still have huge insulin resistance, and need more insulin than I used to use. My doctors told me long ago that my diabetes was no longer reversible.

But exercise would help immensely, tho I have inflammation and other skeletal problems, so getting exercise is difficult, even if I wanted to... (I love active exercise like walks, golf, hiking, etc but have serious foot arthritis and neuropain. Also back arth, neck arth, shoulder/collarbone inflammation, knee tendonitis... so no golf, no hikng, very few walks. When I do dishes or yardwork, I suffer the rest of the day and into the night. I want to avoid vicodin, but I take it if I really need it. This month I shot IDPA and suffered for two days afterwards. There is also gabapentin for neuropain to allow me to sleep. )

I hate any kind of indoor exercise that doesn't involve stimulation. ;)

Last Edited:
Not sure if this qualifies as thread drift, as this has become the keto thread.

I am a life long weight lifter. Have not lifted weights for the past 8 months being on keto, but have now restarted weight lifting (2 weeks). I do mostly major compound lifts, bench and shoulder press, squats, deadlifts, with some smaller lifts thrown in. My weight loss has come to a screeching halt, and I am actually gaining weight now. I was 250# at the end of March, now 255#. I realize that some of this may be muscle and especially water retention. Nonetheless, it's freaking me out. If anyone has any personal insights on exercise on keto, please share. All the YouTube experts say different things and I am thoroughly confused. Glad to be liftng again, though.

Today I'm 3 weeks in.

Things I've found:

Fat tastes good:p:D.

I am leaving food on my plate and not gorging myself - not out of effort but because for once my body is telling me I'm full.

I was a gas machine over the last year with lower carb, low fat and high protein. I no longer have that issue (or should I say my wife no longer has to deal with me:rolleyes:).

Tasty food all have substitutes so if I crave pizza I just figure out how to make it with ingredients that keep me in ketosis (the first pizza we made was more of a medium and normally I can eat a large no problem, I got 3/4 of the way thru it while we were still cooking, looked at the 4th crust my wife was making and told her I didn't think we were going to need as many as normal).

Suger substitutes that are not bad for you aren't bad tasting (to me) so getting a little sweet treat here and there is possible without guilt.

I'm not focused on my weight as much right now so I'm eating until I don't want to eat and I am still loosing weight and size.

My average fasting blood glucose level when I started this was around 189-195. My average now is 120-131. My peaks were hitting 300. Now peaks are 150-170.

My blood pressure is back down to 76/122 from high 80's/130's.

I was having slight acne occasionally from sweating at work and that has completely gone away.

I can honestly say I have more mental clarity/focus then I had before.

I'm not mapping out my cheat meals for the next 6 weeks because I'm not craving food I shouldn't have.

My food bill has not gone up at all and it lowered drastically on much last plan that I started a year ago.

I am not loosing strength. I lost a little stamina but that is (I suspect) from the amount of time I have not been to the gym like I was in the last few weeks for a variety of reasons.

I am buying a lot of stuff in bulk because a lot of recipies all use certain ingredients that they all have in common.

Love it or Hate it - everyone has an opinion on Keto;). So do yourself a favor and research it yourself and take what everyone says with a grain of salt (or tablespoon cuz salt is good for you) until you can verify the source and not just take some Internet personalities word for it.

Not sure if this qualifies as thread drift, as this has become the keto thread.

I am a life long weight lifter. Have not lifted weights for the past 8 months being on keto, but have now restarted weight lifting (2 weeks). I do mostly major compound lifts, bench and shoulder press, squats, deadlifts, with some smaller lifts thrown in. My weight loss has come to a screeching halt, and I am actually gaining weight now. I was 250# at the end of March, now 255#. I realize that some of this may be muscle and especially water retention. Nonetheless, it's freaking me out. If anyone has any personal insights on exercise on keto, please share. All the YouTube experts say different things and I am thoroughly confused. Glad to be liftng again, though.

I saw the same confliction and took the first week off.

Some thoughts:

If you were fairly well muscled before you stopped lifting then your muscles atrophied 100% guarantee. 2 weeks of lifting will bulk your old muscles up fast.

I would recommend you take your body measuments and ignore the scale for a month and see how your doing - no increase in size may come with increased weight as you continue to build muscle.

You may not be eating enough - not sure what your caloric intake is like but you can put your body into 'starvation mode' by going too low. My wife had to start eating a lot more and that excellerated her weight loss oddly enough. (Again though I wouldn't take 2 weeks to be a trend).

Not sure where your protein ration is but you might want to increase it now that your lifting again.

That's all I have off the top of my head. There are many videos on keto weight loss stall and most of them agree your probably doing something wrong. I would look for them on YouTube.

Dunno where else to stick this even though it's not strictly keto but it has helped with my 'food on the go'.

Hard boiled eggs 5-5-5 in a pressure cooker:

5 mins cooking on high pressure (after the time it seals).

5 min in the cooker to naturally release the steam. (Release any leftover steam after 5 min)

5 min in an Ice bath.

I've never had egg shells that would peel into two pieces with no picking tiny parts off the egg and getting it everywhere.

Now I take hard boiled eggs to work every day.

Turned out very good and is like a keto-friendly Hamburger Helper. But, it took a while to cook; about 50 minutes...

l1Nmd5IaQX21c4VLLlu5WA.jpg

Dogs love bacon. Haven't you seen the TV ads? ;)

Hell, I love bacon.

Bacon.

Bacon!

BACON!!!!!!!!!!

Cauliflower... not so much. It's ok, but I'm not sure I'd like it as a paste or whatever.

Cauliflower is a staple in keto-friendly recipes as a benign filler. I made a breakfast casserole using riced cauliflower, eggs, bacon, sausage, and cheese. It was delicious!

Cauliflower... not so much. It's ok, but I'm not sure I'd like it as a paste or whatever

I've always liked it raw or steamed but suprisingly it is very 'pasta' or 'rice' like if prepared properly (your taste buds changed every 2 weeks so you can literally change your palette in 2 weeks if you want too;) - a little at a time is the way to go).

It's a great starch replacement and with all of the dietary fiber it is great for keeping your blood sugar low.

My wife and daughter love it when i turn it into mac'n'cheese.

I'm still wanting to try a cauliflower crust pizza - I have a few recipes to try and I know people that love it as a bread substitute.

And who doesn't like bacon??:rolleyes:

Even vegans have artificial replacements for it:Do_O.

(I save the fat and use it in stuff I cook:cool:).

Side note on substitutes:

If you look up keto sugar substitutes, many lists have sucralose in them.

Sucralose 100% spikes my blood sugar vs a lot of them that don't.

Something to keep in mind if your BGL is something you need to monitor.

Cauliflower is a staple in keto-friendly recipes as a benign filler. I made a breakfast casserole using riced cauliflower, eggs, bacon, sausage, and cheese. It was delicious!

I've heard it's good in keto dishes... I have a family friend that is gaga for keto, and he's a really good cook. My vegan brother uses it too. I just can't get my mind wrapped around it. Can't stand bland, cardboard like fillers or things like couscous, quinoa, etc.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top