JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After three months, 217.4 this morning from a start of 240. Think as soon as I hit an evening high less than 215 I'm gonna reward myself with a pasta binge... I'm having a craving for lasagna.

After three months, 217.4 this morning from a start of 240. Think as soon as I hit an evening high less than 215 I'm gonna reward myself with a pasta binge... I'm having a craving for lasagna.

You have my best regards on your impending doom:D.

I ate some pasta a few weeks ago and while great I felt horrible for a few days;)

I wouldn't do it again :rolleyes:

Congrats on the weight loss man:s0151:

I'm also not doing a "strict" keto, more a "sloppy" one with a couple cheat days a week and one Olive Garden visit a month, so I'm not totally "going without" but rather "managed amounts."

Mongolian has noodles too, but the way I set it up even with the carbs it's still a net loser because of, uh, other gastric effects. LOL

Huh, hadn't seen this thread before now. Been doing the keto lifestyle for about 3 months now. I'm down 28 lbs. as I weighed in today.
I've found a substitute for almost everything I'd normally eat, and try to stay away from sweets in general. It's incredible how your taste buds change. It used to be my favorite cake of all time was a chocolate cake with cream cheese middle and butter cream frosting from Costco. For my daughter's 21st b-day, I asked the baker to make me a special order combo. Everyone LOVED it. I had a bite and was like....mehhh.

I've used riced cauliflower and spaghetti squash as solid pasta substitutes.

Thinking of quick, easy foods and snacks, some of my Keto go to's:

Egg salad with pork rinds (4505 Chicharrones are outstanding!) Using avocado mayo now for better oil.
Costco has these Snack Yard shiitake mushroom crisps that are great if you like "chicken in a biscuit" crackers. Like crack lol. 8g carbs, 7g fiber.
Organic eggs. Worth the extra as this is a base food for me. Omelets, egg salads, etc. They do taste different. I usually do 2 whole and 2 yolks.
Make your own crisps using grated parm cheese. You can do them in a pan or microwave. Sub for chips.
Bone broth. Drink it and it doesn't break your fast. Calories and insulin response is low if you are intermittent fasting. Great soup base or for flavor when cooking.
My savior food- Wing Stop wings! Louisiana Rub and Garlic parm are my favs. Keto approved, not breaded! Buffalo Wild Wings are also solid (no crazy sauces, dry rubs only) as they are cooked direct in animal fat, not the bad stuff.

If you are a soda person, Zevia is the truth! I can't stand artificial sweeteners or licorice flavor. These are natural and taste good. Normally don't like the taste of Stevia, but these soda blend it well. Dr. Zevia and Cream Soda are my favs. Orange, Grape and Ginger Ale are also good. Zero blood sugar response for me.
I test using a Keto Mojo blood tester. I was testing blood sugars often to see how I reacted to meals. Very interesting data points. Now I just check every few days to see where my ketone level is in the AM and before/after meals to see if I get any spikes.

Diner tonite is cauliflower fried rice. (Bacon, 2 eggs, Roasted chicken breast, onion, garlic, soy sauce, bone broth)
597 Cal, 13 g carbs, 5 fiber, 69 g protein, 27 g fat. You can tweak the numbers by using thighs instead of breast if you are big on macro ratios. Add some shrimp too if you like seafood, or however you like it.

I recommend Examine as an information source, science based not headlines.

I've been doing keto since the 1st of June. I was at 250 lbs then and I'm down to 215 today. Goal is to hit 200 by the end of the year and another 30 the following year. Tomorrows my birthday so will have fries with a steak and cherry pie and ice cream for desert. Might go to Sherris since pie is free on your birthday. :D

Starting to wonder how to get rid of the left over belly folds and flab. Any ideas?

I've been doing keto since the 1st of June. I was at 250 lbs then and I'm down to 215 today. Goal is to hit 200 by the end of the year and another 30 the following year. Tomorrows my birthday so will have fries with a steak and cherry pie and ice cream for desert. Might go to Sherris since pie is free on your birthday. :D

Starting to wonder how to get rid of the left over belly folds and flab. Any ideas?

Collagen and time.

Also depends on your age.

66 today so still have a long way to go before I'm an "old fart".

I get beef protein collagen from Costco (it's available on Amazon etc but Costco is cheaper for the same brand). It is supposed to help with your skin elasticity. (I've been gaining a lot of muscle while loosing fat so my physical dimensions have changed very slowly)

Just remember it took you awhile to gain the weight and it will take awhile to shrink back since you are loosing weight pretty quickly.

Worst case - and obviously something a doctor should be consulted about so don't take my opinion for anything other then what it is - you might have to have a plastic surgery done to do a tummy tuck. That would be the very last thing I personally would want to do though.

Dinner tonight is as follows:

2 hard boiled eggs
2 strips of bacon
Raw broccoli and carrots
1 string cheese

I don't know if I'm exactly on the proper Keto diet, but cutting out all the garbage and alcohol has me down over 25 pounds in 3 1/2 months...

2 hard boiled eggs
2 strips of bacon
Raw broccoli and carrots
1 string cheese

I don't know if I'm exactly on the proper Keto diet, but cutting out all the garbage and alcohol has me down over 25 pounds in 3 1/2 months...

Broccoli is all you can eat.
Just watch your portions on carrots as they are a bit starchy but not horrible.
Eggs are just about as perfect a balance as there is.
Bacon gets you the extra fat.
String cheese is a good 9g protein/9g fat.

If anything you could up your fat a bit if you wanted to stay in the Keto 70-80%fat of your diet but if your getting where you want with what your doing then I'd keep doing it;).

My protein intake is higher then the recommendation but I work out a lot and have a physical job and am still gaining muscle while being in Keto so I don't give much credit to the people that say you will loose muscle mass on Keto.

Great job man:s0155: I'm really happy for you:)

I'm doing 80/20 ground beef mixed with chopped bacon fried on a skillet in avocado oil and topped with cheddar and slightly steamed broccoli with a good chunk of Irish butter dumped on top.

2 hard boiled eggs
2 strips of bacon
Raw broccoli and carrots
1 string cheese

That wouldn't do it for me. I'd chop all that stuff up and throw it on a pile of spinach with some other vegetables and some chicken. Maybe white wine vinegar and olive oil for dressing. That would satisfy me alot more.

Glad what you are doing is working.:s0155:

Found a major issue with keto.
Just added another hole to my gun belts. All the extra leather just looks stupid now.
Hanks needs to have a sale. Need to order about 4" shorter size. Lol

Found a major issue with keto.
Just added another hole to my gun belts. All the extra leather just looks stupid now.
Hanks needs to have a sale. Need to order about 4" shorter size. Lol

I am straight up in the middle of pant sizes lol.

40" hangs on me and 38" is still a bit too tight.

I haven't been in 38" anything since I was in high school...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews