JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Started the Keto diet/lifestyle 10 days ago.

***Its fine if you don't agree with the nutrition program or it didn't work for you - it's working great for me so please don't thread crap this one.

My blood sugar levels haven't been this low in a long time and I'm hoping to drop out of type 2 diabetes into pre-diabetic and then kick that to the curb too.

Lost 8lbs, 1" off my waist and a lot of belly (shirts hang about 3" lower now) without loosing any noticeable muscle mass or strength so far.

I dropped my 5-6 days a week at the gym to 3-4 until my body is fat adapted (I'm going to give it about 3 weeks total and then hit it hard again).

I've found some good recipes and a lot of bad ones on YouTube - I can't do chocolate, heavy cream or spices (onion and garlic I can do). My wife can't do nuts so almond flour is out for her (she can do coconut so far but it's a bit strong on the flavor). Oh, and our kid is a vegitarian (more meat for me lol).

We are going to try a cauliflower crust pizza for her tonight and a fat head bread dough for mine.

Anyone have links or recipes for good stuff? Post it up, Id love to try it.

Thanks;)

Funny, when I looked at your thread there is an ad for keto diets at the bottom. Didn't click but pretty sure they want to sell you a cookbook.

Ad
AH___________8BxQEtsp0-MhgIqAEQWBgBIAEtAAAAPzCoAThYRQAAgD8&rs=AOga4qllWSYpczmg3fHhsm5hUDpmwxDD_w.jpg
Visit Site
Over 370 Keto Recipes

ketosiscookbook.com

Funny, when I looked at your thread there is an ad for keto diets at the bottom. Didn't click but pretty sure they want to sell you a cookbook.

Ad
View attachment 569943
Visit Site
Over 370 Keto Recipes

ketosiscookbook.com

That's rediculous:confused:

I had to limit my searching to YouTube cuz anything google brings up there is so much ad Garbage it will load super slow and sometimes crash my browser:mad:.

Get you a rib eye and season with salt, black pepper, garlic salt, let it stand for an hour or two at room temp. Get the grill to about 500 degrees and sear on each side 5 to 7 minutes depending on thickness. Pull the meat and let it sit.

Saute a mess of shelled shrimp in butter and garlic.

I found if related to the KETO, regarding recipes, free?, that's near impossible to find any posted openly.
Or anywhere, outside an "App" (they're shiet looking at my daughters "app" anyway) or "book" that has to get purchased to get them.
In a way, I get it!! But.......

I really do not get it. And, I'm not about to pay for something, that's actually easier than one thinks!!
The "Pyramid" tells almost everything you need to know, from a "what can I cook ~ What can I eat" regime.

Bare with me Joe, I'm not chastising. More talking out loud!!

If you know how to cook, you got the plan already half won. The hardest part is reaching into your cupboards, refridge, pantry, etc, and making the bad go away!! You (like myself) will likely be shaking your head at what you take out.....that you CAN NOT include into the plan...........and throw away!! GULP.......REALLY, But it's all good food!!! I feel your pain. LITERALLY!!

Oh, don't forget the freezer needs cleaned out as well!! No cheating my friend :D

What I suggest is get a list of all the essentials. Meaning spices, mainly.
Get cooking!!
It's not hard to create your own healthy meals.
Besides, what I hear about the "recipes", The portions are immensely "LARGE" and are more written to be prepped for days of eating the same thing over, and over, and over. BORING.

My wife, when I told her I was cleaning CRAP (the gooder stuff we all enjoy), she wasn't happy.
Well, neither was I!! I liked eating free range all my life!! Who didn't!!??

You can both do this, Joe. :)

The hard part of Keto is getting enough fat. An egg is about perfect -
45 of 70 calories from fat ~ 2/3 or 65%.

Nutrition-Facts-Panel.gif

Get lean meat, and add "healthy" fats.
If you get lean, regular chicken, for example, then add coconut oil ,or olive if you are not cooking it, you can have a less expensive meal than say organic free range chicken. And, you have control over fat.

Add fats to veggies in your smoothie and drink your veggies.

You still need carbs - just not certain ones. No 'white' (rice, potatoes etc)
Get carbs from veggies and certain fruits. If you try to be 0 carb too long your body will fight you.
Sweet potato vs white (baking) as one example.

Carbs + fats = bad ie French Fries = bad. If you get sweet potatoes fried in lard, on the other hand, yummy.

Everything labeled "Keto" in the grocery is a scam. Well, treat it that way.

Keto: The Home for Ketogenic Diets

I have to supplement magnesium, or I get cramps. I use ZMA.

My typical lunch is:
Frozen stir-fry veggie mix from Costco & chicken cut up pieces from Costco, add oil, add nu-salt (or himilanian pink salt) supplement with ZMA. The Normandy mix is also excellent. I weigh out the chicken to 5 oz, and fill the container with veg. Mostly thawed by lunch time.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fhowdoesshe.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F03%2FCoscto-4.jpg
bp.blogspot.com%2F-pDrlckcS-m4%2FUtBGjdkD9wI%2FAAAAAAAAAMw%2Frvv7X1ryKw4%2Fs1600%2Fphoto%25204-8.jpg -!!-%2F2017%2F08%2F23%2F892%2Fn%2F1922195%2Fb1298d450cbca311_veg%2Fi%2FOrganic-Frozen-Vegetables.jpg

art.gif ps%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F63%2F97%2F5f%2F63975fe003d31dcdb56b69991237427b.jpg

CostCo Chicken breast - so about 5 oz = the quantity of protein you can use for a half day (You can use about 25-30gr of protein at one meal.) You many need more if you are lifting heavy. But too much and it gets flushed. This is where I got the 5oz.

You need to add quite a bit of fat to get your macros in balance.
upload_2019-4-14_17-10-33.png

Coconut oil per 1 oz (about 2 Tbs ) You'd want about 2-3 Tbls / 5 oz of chicken & unlimited veg.
upload_2019-4-14_17-13-55.png

I don't use olive oil for food I am cooking/heating.
Also, don't use Corn oil, soy bean oil, vegetable oil.
Coconut or Avocado oils are among the best choices.

My weekdays are easy:

7am
3 eggs
2 tsp coconut oil (or bacon fat)

11 am
8oz turkey (meatloaf)
2 cups broccoli (lightly steamed)
2 tsp avocado oil

2 pm
2 scoops protein shake
1 avocado

6pm
8oz turkey (meatloaf)
2 cups broccoli (lightly steamed)
2 tsp avocado oil

I like avocado oil on everything, it tastes a lot like butter to me with some salt.

I am active all day and then lift on top of it so that is why my protein is so high - I was advised to go a little higher but that's about what I can eat in a day.

The weekends we all cook and have been experimenting with different foods.

Fathead bread dough was stupid simple and cheap! I think tonight's pizzas ran about $2.50 each - and I couldn't finish one, but I can demolish a regular large pizza.

This dough can be used in place of any dough. I saw someone wrap cooked sausage patties in it and they looked amazing.

IMG_3951.PNG

Heat mozzarella 30sec, mix, 30 sec mix, 20 sec and put into a mixer or use a hand mixer. Add an egg and mix.

Add dry ingredients and keep mixing.

Add a little almond flour to a bowl and kneed until it forms a dough ball.

Wrap in Saran Wrap for the fridge up to a week or ziplock in the freezer for up to 3 months.

A guy at my work went on one of these and it actually works. Used to be heavier set now he looks like a fresh 20 something college kid in normal fitting clothes.

I asked him if he found meth or what his secret was lol. Amazing how diet and exercise can change you.

I have been on keto since last June and am down 75 pounds. I keep it pretty simple. Lots of salads with tons of dressing, heavy cream in coffee, avocados, lettuce wrap burgers, etc.

Deep fried brussel sprouts are the bomb.

Riced cauliflower covers the desire for rice and potatoes.

I get the bag of brussels sprouts from Costco. You can fry them whole, though I prefer to chop them up into halves or quarters. Then deep fry. I don't have a fryer, so I pour about a quarter to third inch of oil into a cast iron pan and set the temp about 7. Obviously salt and whatever seasoning you want. Sometimes toss with some parmesan cheese when ready

Yeah, that dude. He can be a little over the top, but according to my clinical pharmacist wife, all the science and nutrition stuff he talks about is legit. He also lost about 100# on keto

I love roasted Brussels sprouts.

One way that's really good. You can cut them in 1/2 or leave them whole. Heat oven to 400, spread brussels on a parchment covered baking sheet. Liberally douse w/olive oil, season w/whatever salt your using (I like the pink, sea salt or kosher if I'm into little salt bombs) and cracked pepper. Roast until almost black, the outside gets crispy then serve with some chipotle aioli. Uber yum!

I love roasted Brussels sprouts.

One way that's really good. You can cut them in 1/2 or leave them whole. Heat oven to 400, spread brussels on a parchment covered baking sheet. Liberally douse w/olive oil, season w/whatever salt your using (I like the pink, sea salt or kosher if I'm into little salt bombs) and cracked pepper. Roast until almost black, the outside gets crispy then serve with some chipotle aioli. Uber yum!

For sure. This also works great with Broccoli

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top