JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry I didn't take time to read all the posts. I just wanted to jump in and say 1 year ago I started a Keto diet. I'm 70 lbs less and healthy as a horse. I was pre-type 2, high BP, high Chol, etc. Now I've dropped from a 44 pant and XL shirts to a comfortable 36 jean and L shirts. I needed to get 4 new suits for my Sunday go to meeting event. It works!!!

I'm interested in keto but a little hesitant or nervous I guess. Where is some useful info that I can trust? Thanks

Keto Beginning

Everyone will tell you not to do it.
Eat as close to the source as you can. Fresh veggies, frozen, then can'd.
Eat as natural as possible. Meat/fish/poultry you harvested. Organic.
Eat Lean meats. You add healthy fats. Gives you control.
You do need carbs. Don't try to stay 0 carbs for long.
Some stuff listed as Keto is gross. What you will eat should be in your basket. Don't eat it cause you find it listed somewhere. No point in "having to." That path leads to failure.
Think of this as ADDing diet choices. You choose to add veggies. You choose to add coconut oil. Add spinach, drop lettuce. The bad stuff will drop off - you won't want it.
Other than magnesium / potassium you should not need supplements. Nu-Salt. Pink Salt.
Healthy fats: coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil. (not healthy corn, vegetable, soy bean)
Drop the "ands" Breakfast and a donut. Burger and fries. Dinner and dessert.

And check in here.

Going thru this thread you can get a Keto Day of all your meals. That should get you started. 1 day is a start.

PS in case you need some, bacon is Keto.

Last Edited:
Keto Beginning

Everyone will tell you not to do it.
Eat as close to the source as you can. Fresh veggies, frozen, then can'd.
Eat as natural as possible. Meat/fish/poultry you harvested. Organic.
Eat Lean meats. You add healthy fats. Gives you control.
You do need carbs. Don't try to stay 0 carbs for long.
Some stuff listed as Keto is gross. What you will eat should be in your basket. Don't eat it cause you find it listed somewhere. No point in "having to." That path leads to failure.
Think of this as ADDing diet choices. You choose to add veggies. You choose to add coconut oil. Add spinach, drop lettuce. The bad stuff will drop off - you won't want it.
Other than magnesium / potassium you should not need supplements. Nu-Salt. Pink Salt.
Healthy fats: coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil. (not healthy corn, vegetable, soy bean)
Drop the "ands" Breakfast and a donut. Burger and fries. Dinner and dessert.

And check in here.

Going thru this thread you can get a Keto Day of all your meals. That should get you started. 1 day is a start.

PS in case you need some, bacon is Keto.
yeabut lard wasn't in your "healthy fats" list.

started out at 245 in a Sunday suit with 44 slacks, now 175 in a Large shirt and 36 slacks 20190324_150602.jpg Oh Yeah all in 9 months!!!
I was out poppin Ground Squirrels after Church a couple of weeks ago, didn't bring a change of clothes.

Tried the cauliflower Mac n cheese in this video - I was a little surprised at how good it was.

I substituted the bacon for a bunch of ground beef and it was better then the mac n cheese hamburger helper stuff I ate long ago.

Was a little aldente but was easy to cook down after mixed with the cheese.

I didn't read all 3 pages so forgive me if this is in here already.
Go to Ketosummit.com and get on her mailing list.(Louise Hendon)
She is always pimpin something but her links to recipes are free.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top