JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last Christmas Eve, realizing I was probably heavier than I have ever been I dug out an old scale and braved stepping upon it. I was 383.3 pounds, the heaviest I had ever been by a wide margin. So I went on Keto that very day … I was 309.8 this morning.

The motivation … I need both knees replaced from a lifetime of injury. The docs wanted to do one at a time. I said asked "would it take to get both done at once". They said "lose 35 pounds by the end of February". I lost 50! And kept going and will keep going until I hit my goal weight of 270 (which puts me right at 18 - 19% body fat).

I love the diet, and I pay close attention to what I eat. I am covering all the bases macro and micronutrient wise with only supplementing with a multi-vitamin / mineral tab and a bit of extra potassium and magnesium each day. I see no reason to ever change as I have energy, I'm covered nutrient wise and I don't get hungry.

Last Christmas Eve, realizing I was probably heavier than I have ever been I dug out an old scale and braved stepping upon it. I was 383.3 pounds, the heaviest I had ever been by a wide margin. So I went on Keto that very day … I was 309.8 this morning.

The motivation … I need both knees replaced from a lifetime of injury. The docs wanted to do one at a time. I said asked "would it take to get both done at once". They said "lose 35 pounds by the end of February". I lost 50! And kept going and will keep going until I hit my goal weight of 270 (which puts me right at 18 - 19% body fat).

I love the diet, and I pay close attention to what I eat. I am covering all the bases macro and micronutrient wise with only supplementing with a multi-vitamin / mineral tab and a bit of extra potassium and magnesium each day. I see no reason to ever change as I have energy, I'm covered nutrient wise and I don't get hungry.

Awesome story!

Great job and congrats:cool:

Did anyone see there glucose change the first day? Yesterday I started keto but my levels where higher in the morning than what I'd expected.

I saw results in about 3 days.

Watch out on how much your eating (quantity) and how late at night. At least those 2 things affect my fasting numbers the most.

I saw results in about 3 days.

Watch out on how much your eating (quantity) and how late at night. At least those 2 things affect my fasting numbers the most.
I eat a lot during the day but mostly broccoli and almonds except for three main meals. But I work swing so eating at night is kinda a thing but all I had was a tbls of peanut butter. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

I eat a lot during the day but mostly broccoli and almonds except for three main meals. But I work swing so eating at night is kinda a thing but all I had was a tbls of peanut butter. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

Every time you eat your insulin goes up.

Try ditching the snacks between meals and make sure your getting enough food at meal times.

For me snacking keeps my BGL average higher.

I just skimmed thru this thread and didn't see any mention of Low Carb "junk food" and wanted to post what I've been eating when I'm on the road or away from home.

Junk Food/no carb options
A pick four slam at Denny's can be ordered several ways no or low carb.
One combo is: 2eggs (one way), 2eggs (same way or another way), bacon, sausage...that's my usual four.
Breakfast is served all day/night so this can be ordered anytime.

You can order any burger "Low Carb" at Carl's Juniors or Hardees and it comes wrapped in Lettice/no bun at no additional costo_O.

At places like Arbby's, you can order any meat samich, even double or triple meat, and a small salad... put the meat on the salad, throw away the buns and have a low carb meal.

One more option, order the 2 for $4 Sausage Egg and Cheese McGuffins at Micky Dees and through the Muffins away.
Served all day/night for an any meal option, not enough food...order 4 samiches then.
Easier than cooking for me,
:s0114:

Last Edited:
I like Thomas, he seems to put reasons - Science behind what he talks about.
Thomas DeLauer
Also Dr Berg / Dr Berry

For me, its basically watch lots of vids, read, and see what makes the most sense to you. I take notes on what I watch and read, then make up my diet. know what i need to add to make my Macros for the day. I watch macros, because I need to drop a few pounds. However, any diet is a life style. Just as we learned years ago what veges are good, candies are bad, learn what is good on keto. As mentioned, high fat, lower protein, and yes some carbs. I stick with Green veges for my fiber / carb source.

I've been watching these 2 on YouTube and they have had consistently good recipies.

On one video I saw they had a cookbook and decided to grab it while at Costco this weekend.

I like the way it is set up and so far the 2 recipes we've had time to try have been good.

IMG_3988.PNG

Wife and I are on Keto. She's down 41lbs and I'm down 14... Only been on it a few months.

It definitely works. I saw a great big gal and guy on bikes today and had to hold back the urge to yell out KETO!

Foods to add to your diet(s)

Yes, You Need Carbs. Here's When to Eat Them.
Hint, the first ~10 or so, are if you like them. Get to Eggs #12 and below to see what is, currently, recommended.

"Our muscles require glycogen, which we get from carbs, to power our bodies through miles of running, biking, skiing, or paddling. "We need carbohydrates, especially to fuel hard efforts," says Lori Nedescu, a registered dietitian and professional cyclist."

Our bodies convert Carbs, Fats and Protiens into glycogen so the article starts off with either an intentional bias or ignorant statement.

Either way I wasn't able to get more then a few more paragraphs before I lost interest.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top