JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kinda like peanut butter (natural ground, of course) on dog plop. :p:D

:eek::eek::eek:

Ok, yea:p:D

Have you tried that Kirkland organic? Peanuts and salt - mix it and fridge it if you want it creamy or leave it out and it's nice and runny for cooking with.

Avoid the ones with palm oil added, it's very bad for you. I used to buy Justin's a lot until I was edjumacated.

:eek::eek::eek:

Ok, yea:p:D

Have you tried that Kirkland organic? Peanuts and salt - mix it and fridge it if you want it creamy or leave it out and it's nice and runny for cooking with.

Avoid the ones with palm oil added, it's very bad for you. I used to buy Justin's a lot until I was edjumacated.

Yah, thanx for the heads up. We don't have access to Kirkland unless my stepdaughter comes over from Boise. So we eat only Adams natural. No palm oil, no Jif, or anything like it. I may be a food addict, but I'm not that stupid!! ;););):)

I tried the PB grind from our local health food store but it was made from dry roasted and didn't have enough peanut oil in it for my taste. We buy our unsprayed almonds there and raw sunflower seeds as well. Good as snackies or on cereal. But you don't eat cereal... oh well.

I'm just sitting down to a roast beef sandwich with hot mustard, horsey sauce, and onions. Side dishes are a Clauson's pickle (too much salt), and some Macaroni salad (garbage food!). Yum!!! LOL.:p;)

ATK had a good keto recipe this week - Broccoli Fritata.
Basically - prep broccoli, cook in skillet and season (peppers/salts what you like) hint a bit of lemon
Prep a dozen eggs - add whole milk 1/3 c
They used feta cheese in this - but you could use what ever "melty" cheese - not cheese-food - you like.
Stove top until "firm" not cooked
Then oven to finish 7-10 mins.

All in oven is like 45 mins, all on stove top tends to be tough/rubbery especially the bottom.
Other trick, not too many fillings.
- ie other veggies, bacon, sausage etc.

left over grilled broccoli would be a great choice.

Broccoli and Feta Frittata

Sous vide pot roast - America's Test Kitchen search

I made up some Keto friendly curried chicken tonight... not recipe, just winged it.

Two chicken breasts - chunked
Two chicken thighs - chunked
3 Bell peppers
1 yellow onion
2 slices large red onion
3 green onions
1 box sliced mushrooms
3 cloves of garlic

Saute vegis in a very large saucepan/pot, add chicken, curry powder, cinnamon powder, turmeric, cumin, thyme is optional, peanuts, salt and coarse black pepper, a few raisins if you want (not too many if you want to stay Keto). Cover and cook on a medium simmer for 50min. Add 4 Roma tomatoes and 1/2 bag of bean sprouts. Re-cover and simmer another 10 min. (Roma tomatoes can be added fresh once the bowl is dished up if you want.)

The vegis will juice up this dish. So, it's bowl food. Normally I would eat it over/with rice, but the bean sprouts replace the rice in this version.

There are a lot of versions of curry chicken out there. This is based on an idea/impression of those.

Last Edited:
Dinner last night, lunch today and dinner tonight again is:

8 strips of thick cut applewood uncured Bacon

And

3 cups of lightly steamed broccoli covered in avocado oil, salt and some garlic powder

That's good grub for me;)

Dinner last night, lunch today and dinner tonight again is:

8 strips of thick cut applewood uncured Bacon

And

3 cups of lightly steamed broccoli covered in avocado oil, salt and some garlic powder

That's good grub for me;)

3 meals, all the same... boring. :p

Broccoli covered in............. BACON GREASE! Yay!!!

Only 8 strips? Most of that is going to melt into............. BACON GREASE!!!

Gimme at least a pound, maybe 2. ;):D

3 meals, all the same... boring. :p

Broccoli covered in............. BACON GREASE! Yay!!!

Only 8 strips? Most of that is going to melt into............. BACON GREASE!!!

Gimme at least a pound, maybe 2. ;):D

I like mine chewy:p (ducks as the crispy fans flame on:D) so it's pretty fatty. Also pretty thick so I made myself portion it lol.

Keto is moderate Protiens, too much and your body will kick out and start converting Protiens to glycogen.

I've been single for the last 4 days and got lazy with cooking so bacon on a cookie sheet in the oven at 275 for 20 min and then 375 for 10-15 is stupid easy. Hardly any fat burns off and makes for easy clean up.

I like mine chewy:p (ducks as the crispy fans flame on:D) so it's pretty fatty. Also pretty thick so I made myself portion it lol.

Keto is moderate Protiens, too much and your body will kick out and start converting Protiens to glycogen.

I've been single for the last 4 days and got lazy with cooking so bacon on a cookie sheet in the oven at 275 for 20 min and then 375 for 10-15 is stupid easy. Hardly any fat burns off and makes for easy clean up.

I like mine close to burned.

I'm not supposed to have too much protein due to kidney disease. Not too much carb due to diabetes. And not too much fat due to liver. What's left.... Quinwah? Yuck! lol

I started doing my bacon on paper towels in a glass pie plate in the microwave... 10 min... done crispy. Six min... done fatty. Paper towels soak up most of the fat, a little left over for cooking. But micro smells like bacon. Once I overcooked the bacon so much that a pie plate overheated and shattered... the entire house smelled like bacon for weeks!!! :eek:

:D:D:D

Anyone heard of this guy?
Dr. Josh Axe
Dr. Josh Axe

he has a new book out of Keto Recipes

https://www.amazon.com/Keto-Diet-Balance-Hormones-Reverse/dp/0316529583/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?keywords=Keto+Diet:+Your+30-Day+Plan+to+Lose+Weight,+Balance+Hormones,+Boost+Brain+Health,+and+Reverse+Disease+Hardcover+–+February+19,+2019&qid=1558111927&s=gateway&sr=8-2-fkmr0

-------------------------------------------

Avoid: 1.) Soy 2.) Sugar 3.) Conventional meat 4.) Conventional dairy 5.) BPA plastic, and 6.) Teflon Pans
If you want to start detoxing your body of estrogen, consume more cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, kale, collard greens, and brussels sprouts. Milk thistle and dandelion supplements are great to support your body in the detox from estrogen, as well.

Last Edited:
I haven't heard of him, I'll check it out.

Made bacon in a skillet, made hamburgers in the bacon fat and then tossed cheddar cheese on top - the bacon didn't last long enough to go on the burgers, so I guess that was the appetizer:D.

Added a large plate full of steamed broccoli covered in Avocado oil.

Finished the night with a few large spoons of peanut butter.

Kirkland organic, nothing but peanuts and salt - it's good stuff, honey like at room temp or like creamy fudge in the fridge. I highly reccomend it;). (You do have to stir it once but I've never had to re stir it)

Blood suger was 119 this morning which is down from a consistent 121 so I am still seeing positive results from keto.

Im maintaining my weight (I've lost a couple more pounds) but I am leaning out a good amount.

My triceps are showing again, calves and quads are looking muscular and my pecs and shoulders are larger then they have been in awhile.

The Wife isn't unhappy:D;)

Just a word of caution...
I had a gallbladder attack a while back, my 1st ever, after 2 days of lunch at Carl's JR eating low carb burgers.
I knew what was going on because my wife went thru that gallbladder stuff before, and had her's removed.

An unusual type pain, like someone standing on/pushing on your sternum, heartburn, dry heaves, etc.
Sorry for the graphic description of the symptoms but I think most doing this diet need to know.
Doctor friend recommended I take this stuff and told me to slam 6-8 pills if I feel it coming on again.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AJ5JA6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
I take 1 a day as a maintenance dose.
And then there's this stuff:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00980PLES/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Once you experience that Gallbladder attack pain you'll be online looking for something/anything to stop it.
:D

Just a word of caution...
I had a gallbladder attack a while back, my 1st ever, after 2 days of lunch at Carl's JR eating low carb burgers.
I knew what was going on because my wife went thru that gallbladder stuff before, and had her's removed.

An unusual type pain, like someone standing on/pushing on your sternum, heartburn, dry heaves, etc.
Sorry for the graphic description of the symptoms but I think most doing this diet need to know.
Doctor friend recommended I take this stuff and told me to slam 6-8 pills if I feel it coming on again.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AJ5JA6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
I take 1 a day as a maintenance dose.
And then there's this stuff:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00980PLES/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Once you experience that Gallbladder attack pain you'll be online looking for something/anything to stop it.

Thank-You, for sharing that.

I've been meaning to looking into gallbladder function and kept putting it off.

Something to start off with is that Keto is often only associated with 'low carb', when it is actually 'low carb, high fat and moderate protein'.

The gallbladder stores and concentrates bile produced by the liver to help with the breakdown and absorption of fats (primarily saturated fats).

If you manage your food macros correctly on keto then you should never have a gallbladder issue.

Here are a couple of videos about it, or if someone wants to search YouTube on it to find a different source of information there is a plethora of them out there.

***Side note: this is an excellent source of information why humans were meant to eat animal meats and fats.

This is what led me to believe my "attack" was triggered by the intake of fatty foods.
1. Abdominal Pain
A typical warning sign associated with a gallbladder attack is severe abdominal pain or biliary colic. An intensifying pain in the upper portion of the abdomen below the breastbone, often on the right side, may indicate a gallbladder attack. Pain can last between one to five hours. It remains constant regardless of urinating or passing gas. The intake of fatty foods often triggers the pain, which can occur at any time, even while sleeping. Episodes of biliary colic may be infrequent. After one painful attack, it may be another few months before another occurs. A common blood test can establish the presence of increased liver enzymes, which may indicate a blockage.
Source and 10 symptoms of a gallbladder attack info:
10 Symptoms of a Gallbladder Attack

Last Edited:
It seems like once you have issues that higher fat intake will cause flare ups in pain.

It's my understanding that low fat diets lead to the issues.

Maybe @bolus or another professional could chime in?

I heard they new thinking on the appendix is that it holds good bacteria -- you might want to have.

Gallbladder, I have mine around here somewhere
upload_2019-5-18_0-8-22.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top