JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i WOULD NEVER BET MY LIFE ON AN UNPROVEN PLASTIC RIFLE. If you have 4 SHTF guns buy food and meds you'll need them

What would you consider proven?

The FS2000 is a semi-auto version the select fire F2000, which has been adopted by multiple armies.

I'd suspect the parts commonality between the FS2000 and F2000 is a close as that between the average AR-15 and M16/M4.

H

I have a RFB and a FS2000. Both are suppressed, and I have fired many rounds through both.

The FS2000 is a great little rifle. It is a bit tough for very small framed people, as it is very thick. As above, do not buy the one with the integrated sight. A couple little tweeks and it is a great gun! Too bad it is in 5.56...

The RFB, as stated above, is in its infancy. I am working on a couple modifications, which should improve the function significantly. It is a great rifle, well balanced and doesn't kick as hard as everyone says (I'm a big guy so maybe its different for me). The problems are in feed and malfunctions... all of which are easy to address. Just takes some messing around with. The RFB has an amazing trigger for a bullpup! It fits discretely in a tennis racquet bag, shoulders well and the front ejection is awesome. Just gotta put in the work it takes to fix the little issues. Get the later serial numbered rifles!

I agree with all the Keltec haters, but still love my RFB.

I played with an FS 2000, before getting my MSAR E4..it seemed like a good gun, but it was $600 more than the MSAR. The MSAR was also leaner and felt better in my dinky hands. One small problem with MSAR is that the company went tits up some while ago, although Ratworx is making spares and dealing with repairs.

I'm a big fan of AUG type weapons, the balance is way better than and it shoulders quicker than any of my AR's. Total length with a 16" barrel is the same as my 10 1/2" AR pistol

With suppressor, its about the same length as a 16" barrelled AR with the stock set up for NTCH ( second click from collapsed for me). Sadly, it suppresses only averagely due to the gas port.

I played with an FS 2000, before getting my MSAR E4..it seemed like a good gun, but it was $600 more than the MSAR. The MSAR was also leaner and felt better in my dinky hands. One small problem with MSAR is that the company went tits up some while ago, although Ratworx is making spares and dealing with repairs.

I'm a big fan of AUG type weapons, the balance is way better than and it shoulders quicker than any of my AR's. Total length with a 16" barrel is the same as my 10 1/2" AR pistol

With suppressor, its about the same length as a 16" barrelled AR with the stock set up for NTCH ( second click from collapsed for me). Sadly, it suppresses only averagely due to the gas port.

8fsNE.jpg

I own a FS2000, and I have fired my friend's MSAR multiple times.

Before getting my fs2000, i considered getting the msar. But a few things stopped me:

1.) MSAR company is dead. no customer service. spare parts are rare.
2.) MSAR aug copies have a nasty reputation of being unreliable

My friend's MSAR was just fine. Shot just fine. Functioned just fine. But parts for it are rare, and it is NOT a real Steyr AUG. It may be close, but it isn't the real thing. Too bad real AUG are ridiculously expensive. Rather than buying a real AUG, I'd rather buy a .50BMG sniper rifle with that kind of money.

The FS2000, on the other hand, is made by FNH. FNH isn't going dead anytime soon. FNH is heavily involved in military contracts, and the F2000 is standard issue in multiple nations including Pakistan and Serbia.

The FS2000 and MSAR are both of similar length and weight. The FS2000 is fatter/wider than the MSAR. If you're 5' 3" and wear size Small t-shirts, I would advise getting the MSAR/AUG. If you're bigger than that, then the FS2000 is no problem handling. Plus, you can get a tri-rail system for the fs2000 and add a vertical grip (like the MSAR), which makes the profilie and handlability equal.

The FS2000 is renowned for its balance. Most bullpups are, but FS2000 is undoubtedly in my mind the best balanced rifle in the world as of now.

And the forward-ejecting behavior of the FS2000 is neat stuff and battle proven.

I'll give the MSAR one thing. THe trigger is crisper on the MSAR compared to the FS2000. The AUG trigger being even more crisper. The AUG trigger feels like a tapco G2 or a decent AR trigger. Which is remarkable for a bullpup.

If OP wants to wait, the Tavor is supposed to come out later this year. Made in Israel instead of some crippled garbage made in the US (i.e. Sig 556), so the quality should be good. I'll probably pick one up for Christmas.

If OP wants to wait, the Tavor is supposed to come out later this year. Made in Israel instead of some crippled garbage made in the US (i.e. Sig 556), so the quality should be good. I'll probably pick one up for Christmas.

I would get the Tavor if I agreed with Israel's military/political policies, but I don't. I would feel personally horrible having an Israeli firearm. Just my 2 cents.

Plus, the AUG is better than the Tavor in every way.

Say what you want but the fn really needs to address the bulk issue of their rifle. Its like handling an inbred derby horse. Granted it runs but it isn't comfortable. If keltec feels and runs just fine. However, I'm a saiga .308 guy so I don't have room to speak, and if you're looking and heart set on a 5.56 rifle a regular DI ar will get the job done. For the money for either you could get a couple fine running shtf platforms. My vote is for the RFB. Then you can still rock fals.

Meh. If I refused to own a firearm because of the government policies of the country of origin, the only firearm I'd have left is a Swiss K31. Considering the horrendous crimes of the US government over the past century, maybe you should ditch all US guns?

Can you explain why you think the AUG is better? It could well be better since the AUG is fantastic, but the AUG price point is somewhat higher than a Tavor, so if the Tavor is of sufficient quality, I'd buy it.

Put a folding stock on an AK. Problem solved.

THIS...

I've always had a hard on for Bullpups...can't say anything bad about them. But you're willing to sell two battle proven rifles that probably everyone here will agree is superior to the FS2000 and RFB in durability for a completely different platform? Have you ever fired bullpup rifles before? These guns take a lot of practice to get the reload down- especially when you've already familiarized yourself with the AKs.

SurvivalistSong (weird, did you mean to make your name have the initials 'SS'?), nobody here can tell you what to do with your money...

tumblr_lcnvqasdhp1qckapz.gif
It's your money, use it when you need it! -J.G. Wentworth

Nevertheless, do you really want to sell two AKs for an FS2000? Logistically you're changing calibers, mags, mag pouches and now need to learn the selectors, malfunction clearing process and reload techniques with an entirely different rifle. For what, a few inches of portability? My advice...keep the AKs, throw a side or underfolding stock on one (or all) and adapt.

People must like the 2000 and the E1 a lot - rarely do either ever come up for sale in the classifieds here. Personally, I'd love to have a PS90.

People must like the 2000 and the E1 a lot - rarely do either ever come up for sale in the classifieds here. Personally, I'd love to have a PS90.

PS90's are cool. The 5.7x28 is getting cheaper now a days, but still a bit pricey compared to, say, Wolf .223 ammo for the FS2000. I've never shot one, but I've held one, and it feels quite nice.

Yea, the AUG A3 are comparable in price to the FS2000, but have you seen what the A1 are running for? I'd say $4000 - $5000 the last time I checked. I may be wrong?

PS90's are cool. The 5.7x28 is getting cheaper now a days, but still a bit pricey compared to, say, Wolf .223 ammo for the FS2000. I've never shot one, but I've held one, and it feels quite nice.

Yea, the AUG A3 are comparable in price to the FS2000, but have you seen what the A1 are running for? I'd say $4000 - $5000 the last time I checked. I may be wrong?

You're right, but the A3 is still made by Steyr...they just opened a shop in the US and use US parts to be 89 compliant. They're the Toyota of the car industry!

I think it's funny, really. People bash Glock for being an Austrian made firearm to suggest the Springfield XD (made in Croatia but manufactured in the USA). And here you have Steyr (another Austrian company) opening shop in the USA to sell guns to us...nobody sees the irony in this? We make a law in 89 limiting guns to the US, then the US companies outsource their products and buy their supplies overseas to maximize their profits.

LOL...only in America.

You're right, but the A3 is still made by Steyr...they just opened a shop in the US and use US parts to be 89 compliant. They're the Toyota of the car industry!
http://www.articlesbase.com/press-r...erican-cars-are-japanese-who-won-4975900.html

I think it's funny, really. People bash Glock for being an Austrian made firearm to suggest the Springfield XD (made in Croatia but manufactured in the USA). And here you have Steyr (another Austrian company) opening shop in the USA to sell guns to us...nobody sees the irony in this? We make a law in 89 limiting guns to the US, then the US companies outsource their products and buy their supplies overseas to maximize their profits.

LOL...only in America.

XD pistols are neither manufactured nor assembled in the USA, merely marketed and serviced by Springfield here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top