JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Decided to sell 2 out of the 3 AK platform rifles I have to attain a bullpup.

I can't decide between the RFB or FS2000.

The advantage I see with the RFB is that larger .308 round, which would have increased penetration characteristics and probably longer range and accuracy.

The advantage I see with the FS2000 is faster follow-up shots with the minimal recoil of the .223. Also the ability to carry more mags and ammo just in case.

If anybody has experience with these two rifles, your opinions are very welcomed.

Thanks.

The FS2000 is based on a rifle that has actually passed military trials. The other one has had teething problems.

I'd get the FS2000. I was looking for a new 5.56 rifle and it came down to either the FS2000 or a Sig 556. I decided in the end to get the 556 but not because anything is wrong with the FN product.

H

Neither, you are talking about an extended period of conflict with most likely rough conditions. You will want a shotgun and an assault rifle, both are multi use such as hunting and defense. I'd say an ak or something similar in durability and a assault shotgun, the Benelli m4 comes to mind it is used by the Marines and I own one and it's durable and hard hitting.

Decided to sell 2 out of the 3 AK platform rifles I have to attain a bullpup.

I can't decide between the RFB or FS2000.

The advantage I see with the RFB is that larger .308 round, which would have increased penetration characteristics and probably longer range and accuracy.

The advantage I see with the FS2000 is faster follow-up shots with the minimal recoil of the .223. Also the ability to carry more mags and ammo just in case.

If anybody has experience with these two rifles, your opinions are very welcomed.

Thanks.

The FS2000 is a solid gun and a nail driver. I have no experience with the RFB

I have a FS2000. Put 5k rounds through it over 2 years. Only malfs were ammo or mag related, super reliable.

The crummy trigger is partially alleviated with the Neu-Trigger mod: Neu-Trigger: A custom trigger that's incredibly smooth

Don't get the one with the integrated optic, it feels like looking through a toilet paper tube. Get the railed version instead. In addition, the sling attachment point on the integrated optic version happens to be right next to the gas relief port, so your nylon slings get burnt to a crisp.

Recoil is very soft, but you can feel the shock of the round going off a couple inches away from your face through the plastic housing. I feel a little leery about a KB with that gun, so I only shoot factory ammo through it.

I'd recommend it as a fun gun, or just something different. Reloads are too slow, no bolt hold-back on an empty mag, malf clearing can be a chore.

I guess my first question is, why a bullpup? Are you looking for something "smaller", i.e. more compact?
SHTF typically comes with the attitude of common caliber common weapon platform (that lends itself to common mags). Don't see the RFB or the FN 2000 in that scenerio.
If your're sold on the bullpup platform then there's the AUG, as mentioned above, or the MSAR (AUG clone). There's a mag issue to think about.... The MSAR has a model that uses stanag/Pmags, don't recall the model number.

I want a bullpup because a shtf scenario that requires me to fight for my life and my family's life is probably not going to happen during my lifetime, so I also want a practical gun that has a "cool" and "sexy" factor to it so that I can have fun and pride of ownership.

But just in case I need to eliminate a super-dangerous threat, I want a "cool" and "sexy" gun that will get me out of any sticky situation.

I have several obvious SHTF firearms, including an AK-47, AK-74, AR-15, Benelli supernova pump action shotgun, 9mm handguns, etc. Most of them would be carried by my family members, of which all are experienced enough with firearms to eliminate a threat themselves.

Just looking towards something that looks more space-age.

Again, for the cool and sexy factor. But its gotta be practical. Practical enough that I can survive if Canada decides to invade :D

The FS2000 is very well balanced and shoots great. I've had experience with several FN firearms, military and civilian types and all have done great. Can't say much about Kel-Tec...shot a pistol of theirs once and it was okay...

The FS2000 is a solid gun. The ergonomics and feel to the gun can be an "acquired taste", but I personally liked it a lot. If you've ever held FN's PS90, then you know already how the FS2000 will feel.

The RFB is also nice. A hard-kicking bullpup for sure. The 18" barrel on it is just enough to take advantage of the .308 ballistic characteristics.

If I had to choose between the two for SHTF, I'd probably go for the FS2000. But if it's just for fun at the range or out in the woods, the larger caliber .308 in the RFB wins.

Why not just forget about those two and get a M1A? :D :D :D

A M1A is the opposite of a handy, compact rifle.

They make decent target guns but aren't very practical.

H

Ok, i'll have to agree with you about that. Rethinking about it, the only practical use I see for an M1A is if you got one with 18"+ barrel and used it as a marksman longdistance rifle with a 4x magnification scope.

I'm a big fan of the .308 for an all around round, that's why I have FAL's. I salivate over the RFB (it takes FAL mags too!) but I wouldn't RELY upon it as a SHTF weapon. My Para FAL with an 18" barrel is plenty compact for me and in a platform that's been tested for over 60 years.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top