JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm waiting for the purist glock fanboy to challenge the validity of this photo :D

How about a fangirl? :)

Obviously you planted the casing....or photo shopped it.

Seriously, no gun is absolutely fool proof. Especially if you do not take proper care of it.
While I may not clean mine after every single range visit, I would never let it get to the point
it would start to malfunction.

Seriously, no gun is absolutely fool proof. Especially if you do not take proper care of it.

True, but there are guns that are high-maintenance divas, and others that will forgive a lot of abuse. My personal experience is that a PMR30 is a finicky little biotch, that only eats certain foods and needs to be magazine-fed in pampered ways. Any dirt on the feed ramp, forget it. It is so unreliable, I could not use it as a carry. Then you have guns like the CZ75P07 or the Beretta FS92 Compact. They just shoot and shoot, and they eat everything. They are made with tolerances to dirt and other obstacles ... I don't do striker-fired guns so I have no opinion on Glocks etc.

This one sure went bang. This was with factory ammo BTW.
tmp_23907-20140226_110342515448850.jpg

^ouch

funny part about all this I have also been very impressed with my 29.....once grossly overloaded with Blue Dot .....the gun took it.....It was a funny feeling, couldnt feel stupider and at the same time just wowed the gun handled it.

at any given time its probably closer to me than any other pistol during the day, I do trust it now that I learned to shoot it well ,and got the recoil spring figured out .

its easier to load for than my CZ, the CZ has a match like chamber/leade . Wont take some long bullets like Barrie's hollow base 124gr, they have to be seated real deep to not hit the lands, kind ruined velocity making room in the case

short OAL tends to be the ones that cross up the Glocks

exaggerated but this is a good illustration

Barrel%20Comparrisons_zps5l5rv3x1.jpg

The box in the left hand corner is the culprit. Could never be a Glocks fault.

Here it is folks. Proof that a Glock CAN jam!

Was camping in Christmas Valley last weekend and a buddy of mine brought a Glock 19 that hadn't been cleaned in quite some time (he's a farmer, not a mall ninja...). Stove piped 3 out of 9 rounds.

After I took it from him (pre 941 passing of course) and did a quick cleaning, it functioned fine again.

But to all of you who say "I buy a glock cause they never jam". All I have to say is Ah HAH!!!!!!!

I got a Shield and had stove pipe on a couple of rounds on the first couple of mags.
Hmm I thought. Added some skateboard tape (grip tape) and voila.

The Farmer may not have been gripping his firearm properly, then after the stoppages, started with a bit more off hand pressure. If he's not cleaning, had he been shooting?

Anyway, stove pipe does not automatically = dirty.

ps.
My Rock, I call it Glock, never jams. Not in a million years.

pps. that would not be illegal now, after Kate signed 941. I am not a lawyer and this should not be construed as legal advice.

come on guys wake up. its a tool any tool can break or malfuntion hell look at me ive had a hip replacement a knife needs to be resharpened so does a lawnmower. and a car need new tires and breaks ... you get my meaning i clean my guns after every shooting not becouse they might need it but becouse my life might depend on it . i have a friend that carries a glock 21 in beaverton that owens a gun store . he says he has put more than 5000 rounds with out a malfuntion though it and is not going to clean it till it fails. i think that not very smart myself and you dont eather . what most of us are saying whos been around guns for awhile is a glock is going to go bang every time as lone as your not stupid. clean your guns change parts when needed and if you dont know how get some help. we are here to help you . a sig is a good pistol a kimber is a good pistol, so are beretta ,cz,colt, kahr ,ruger, taurus etc etc but maybe not all in that order . but for me and im 56 years old and have had many many guns im a gun adicto_O ive always went back to glock . my carry guns are a g27 gen 4 and a kahr p 380 and i trust my life on them....nitestocker

"glock is going to go bang every time as long as your not stupid."

And the people said ...Amen

I think that can be changed to "Any decent gun is going to go bang every time so long as you care for it as you should"
My CZ, Berettas, M&Ps, revolvers all live without issue so long as I am not stupid. The Glock does as well but only so long as it is TAKEN CARE OF just like every other gun I have ever owned.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top