JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Something about this thing called the, "Dunning-Kruger Affect".

The Dunning-Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people wrongly overestimate their knowledge or ability in a specific area. This tends to occur because a lack of self-awareness prevents them from accurately assessing their own skills.

I'd wager the farm that the rising epidemic of narcissism exploding everywhere will only compound what we're seeing, but ultimately the old proverb, "pride goeth before a fall" will accompany the process of natural selection.

Hard times make strong men, strong men make good times, good times make weak men, weak men make hard times.

ATM we've passed that last comma….

KATU keeps repeating on the news that if 114 is upheld only hunters can use Hi caps or citizens in their own homes.

Is this the wording?
Before the election, KATU kept spouting that 114 would "require background checks on all gun purchases", with no further mention of what it really restricts

So yeah, KATU is a lying sack of crap propaganda outlet, and their viewers who believed it and voted based on the lies they heard are gullible sheeple.

I apologize for my written skills. Had a little accident a while back, and now I have difficulty with processing thoughts to written word. Bullet points might be easier for me.
  • Rando views the contradiction of "AR-15" and the photo of shotgun ammunition.
  • Rando's brain tells him there is a problem with the information
  • Rando spreads the information.
  • NYT opinion piece is spread. Mission Accomplished
  • Rando gets a bunch of thumb-up likes, while spreading a message that isn't part of his beliefs.
I am implying that the contradiction could have purposeful. But Rando could be a bot, and the response could be AI generated
…and these could be bunch of Hoppy Socks that you might enjoy.

Happy Stop Motion GIF by PES

I don't think the bullet points helped much….but I think the animated GIF checked the Activation box.
I told my wife that I was sure our teenaged boys had gotten some of their gym socks pregnant!

:s0118:

KATU keeps repeating on the news
You watch/listen to that crap? There's your problem!
I remember being that stoned back in the '70s. ;)
Hah. He poisoned the salad bar so his salad-eating opponents were too busy puking to vote against him. Sort of wrong legally and morally, but... kind of like...
No he didn't. He actually might of been a pretty righteous guy? That Ma Anand Sheela chick was the nut job that tainted the salad bars.

You watch/listen to that crap? There's your problem!

I remember being that stoned back in the '70s. ;)

No he didn't. He actually might of been a pretty righteous guy? That Ma Anand Sheela chick was the nut job that tainted the salad bars.
Oh right, his followers did it, not him. Yeah I am sure he was a fabulous, honest person and not a grifter in the remotest sense. o_O

Oh right, his followers did it, not him. Yeah I am sure he was a fabulous, honest person and not a grifter in the remotest sense. o_O
I actually thought, what they did was incredible! Imagine if you will, a large group of people getting together and creating what they did in such a short time! Too bad gun owners couldn't be so organized and determined.

That Ma Anand Sheela chick was the nut job that tainted the salad bars.
And well armed as well, along with many others at 'Rancho Rajneesh' .

I actually thought, what they did was incredible!
Yea, and they ripped a lot of people and businesses off as well. They came in during a economic low point, were handed a lot of credit (and materials and equipment) by many businesses - and then stopped paying. They had armed guards at their military-like entry points and would deny entry to certain people depending on their reasons for being there - such as trying to collect on debts or repo things. Also lets not forget the 96 (or was it 97) Rolls Royces the Bagwan owned.

They were actively transporting homeless people in from other areas and it was speculated they were attempting to increase the population of Wasco Co. to win elections to get themselves placed in political positions to take over the county - and some guessed eventually the whole state.

They harassed citizens of the county and there was 'talk on the street' of the locals planning on some sort of organized (and armed) occupation of the place. Many people were frightened of them and it was often thought not 'if' - but when an armed confrontation or shooting would take place.

I remember this all very well as I was living in Redmond at the time and there was either something in the news everyday about it or I would hear about it from those involved - one being the Sales Mgr. of Pape Cat in Redmond who lost several pieces of equipment to them.

What they were trying to 'create' was a dictatorial society where they would keep everyone controlled by fear and oppression, dressing alike and all wearing their pendent with a pic of the Bagwan on it - and a nonstop supply of drugs to keep them mellow. Kind of like a large scale Charles Manson - type scenario.
Oh, it started out with a simple concept - turn over all you own, all your money and we will take care of you for the rest of your life - but turned ugly in a very short order.

There were reports of people at the Rancho that went 'missing' and it is speculated there are probably more than a few 'shallow graves' in the area.

Back to Ma Anand Sheela - the woman was very controlling and conniving and probably did a lot of things 'behind the back' of the Bagwan. He was little more than a 'figurhead' - while she called all the shots.

Last Edited:
I actually thought, what they did was incredible! Imagine if you will, a large group of people getting together and creating what they did in such a short time! Too bad gun owners couldn't be so organized and determined.
Well if you are gonna shoot for the stars, get yourself some packets of grape Flavor Aid.

And well armed as well, along with many others at 'Rancho Rajneesh' .

Yea, and they ripped a lot of people and businesses off as well. They came in during a economic low point, were handed a lot of credit (and materials and equipment) by many businesses - and then stopped paying. They had armed guards at their military-like entry points and would deny entry to certain people depending on their reasons for being there - such as trying to collect on debts or repo things. Also lets not forget the 96 (or was it 97) Rolls Royces the Bagwan owned.

They were actively transporting homeless people in from other areas and it was speculated they were attempting to increase the population of Wasco Co. to win elections to get themselves placed in political positions to take over the county - and some guessed eventually the whole state.

They harassed citizens of the county and there was 'talk on the street' of the locals planning on some sort of organized (and armed) occupation of the place. Many people were frightened of them and it was often thought not 'if' - but when an armed confrontation or shooting would take place.

I remember this all very well as I was living in Redmond at the time and there was either something in the news everyday about it or I would hear about it from those involved - one being the Sales Mgr. of Pape Cat in Redmond who lost several pieces of equipment to them.

What they were trying to 'create' was a dictatorial society where they would keep everyone controlled by fear and oppression, dressing alike and all wearing their pendent with a pic of the Bagwan on it - and a nonstop supply of drugs to keep them mellow. Kind of like a large scale Charles Manson - type scenario.
Oh, it started out with a simple concept - turn over all you own, all your money and we will take care of you for the rest of your life - but turned ugly in a very short order.

There were reports of people at the Rancho that went 'missing' and it is speculated there are probably more than a few 'shallow graves' in the area.

Back to Ma Anand Sheela - the woman was very controlling and conniving and probably did a lot of things 'behind the back' of the Bagwan. He was little more than a 'figurhead' - while she called all the shots.
I realize all that. Turned out really bad. I was viewing all this from 850 miles away as I lived in Utah at the time. and moved here while they were still active. The Rashneeshe's had the hotel down town a few blocks from where the wife worked swing shift at Greyhound at the time. Not uncommon to see red clad people in the area.

I'll defer completely to your knowledge of of everything, knowing what I know of you, and I believe you living in central Oregon at the time. Maybe my mind has been warped living in potland for the last 39 years, but the bolded above seems like exactly what the dims are doing to our state currently. With the blessings of a slight majority of the population of Oregon? Only their drug is "Wokeness".

Last Edited:
It's not exactly a large group of people getting together. It's more like a tiny group of insiders completely draining a much larger group of every resource possible. Thankfully, it's such a rarity in human history ( lol )

I remember at the time a friend of mine attended one of Ma Anand Sheelas 'recruitment meetings' (not that he was considering it but wanted to see what she was about) and I remember him telling me she had a very convincing 'aura' about her and was like she had some kind of 'spell' over people.

One of the critcal tenets of the political system; "If you say a lie long enough and loud enough it gains the semblance of a truth".

And there are just enough sheeple, "useful idiots" around to continue the twisted arithmetic and call it truth.
Agreed.
And if you look, you'll see the biggest flock of sheeple are wearing the FOX Media brand.

Yes....many reasons.
Here is one :

Something to consider is that many folks....don't own or have an interest in firearms.

So...if they take the time to look something up firearm related...
More often than not it will be a common source like Wiki , various main stream news media , what their friends think....
All of the above may not have a good working knowledge about firearms.

And since the number of firearm owners may be out-numbered by those who don't...
Information gets lost , twisted or the like...which when repeated , gains common acceptance as being true.

One could even say that of gun owners as well...but that is a topic for a different thread.
Andy
It's like the pitbull mania

Is There A Reason Why Those Most Ignorant Of Firearms Have So Much Sway?

It's because these days MOST people are ignorant about firearms and scary untruths spread like wildfire among them.
Here in UK, 8% of the population get into 80% of TV advertising, either full-black or semi-black. It's getting preposterous, TBH. Mixed-race families with a couple of Chinese kids and the odd dwarf thrown in to show the 'average' family? Gimme a break.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top