JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The original Tweet is from a New York Times Opinion piece, America's Toxic Gun Culture, and part of "The Danger Within" series. Though I don't agree with the opinion, I would suggest others in the firearms community read this piece...if interested.

This is a Stock Photo, that I believe was purposely chosen to initiate Emotional Transfer. Shotgun ammunition is recognized by the general population. It is also visually colorful. The photo increases ability to connect a larger audience to the article...or at least move their eyes to the title. Value Orientation complete...

Now, how do the writers of the article Activate the reader? In the case of the Retweet in the original post of this thread...
ui_twit01.png
...It appears the contradiction, Intellectual Stimuli, elicited the action of dissemination. It even ends up on a firearms related forum.

Here is another version of the NYT Opinion Tweet. Re-crafted to activate a reader with political interests.
ui_twit02.png
I think that the contradiction was purpose driven, and achieved the results that the New York Times was looking for... Or I could be wrong, and I might be a pawn spreading the New York Times Opinion.

Last Edited:

Is There A Reason Why Those Most Ignorant Of Firearms Have So Much Sway?

It's because these days MOST people are ignorant about firearms and scary untruths spread like wildfire among them.

"If every German Jew and anti-Nazi had possessed a Mauser rifle, twenty rounds and the will to use it, Adolf Hitler would be a footnote to the history of the Weimar Republic." — Aaron Zelman

"If every German Jew and anti-Nazi had possessed a Mauser rifle, twenty rounds and the will to use it, Adolf Hitler would be a footnote to the history of the Weimar Republic." — Aaron Zelman
"If wishes were horses,
beggars would ride.
If turnips were watches,
I'd wear one by my side.
If "if's" and "and's" were pots and pans,
There'd be no work for tinkers' hands!"

Hitler wrote about it in 1925 and proved it shortly after.
You're not safe here, jump on this train and bring your family.
That's the sad truth.

In 1938 when Hitler authorized the Gun Control Act that banned "enemies of the state," such as Hindenburg conservatives and Hebrews, from owning firearms, this started Germany's downfall. A few weeks later Kristallnacht (night of broken glass) occurred and the people were unable to defend themselves. As we know, it was only a downhill battle from there where the German people were utterly helpless against the Third Reich.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads