JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here in UK, 8% of the population get into 80% of TV advertising, either full-black or semi-black. It's getting preposterous, TBH. Mixed-race families with a couple of Chinese kids and the odd dwarf thrown in to show the 'average' family? Gimme a break.
Sure you are in the right thread?

It is like most, ahem, modern political conventions, some but not all R/L and middle of the road TOWNHALL meetings (The OLD FASHIONED townhall meetings were pretty NORMAL and sane many, many, many moons ago.) and EFFED UP rallies that the bat s crazies on the R and L do.

BOTH sides are guilty of screwing up firearm rights even so called CON-servatives in this day and age.

They hate talk about some subject matters (RKBA issue and self defense.) and they can be just as destructive as the other SIDE. I mean they can't HIDE IT and it is obvious for most people to see through their veneer. SOME of them say it is not so but IT IS THERE over and over again. Just because they got guns to hunt or walk in the woods and someone else chooses NOT to hunt even though we walk, hike, fish, camp, sail, power boat, swim, etc. and believe the RKBA and self defense - they think that the other NON HUNTING side is NOT up to snuff when it comes to firearms ownership.

Then you have the SWAT TYPE WANNABES or some dude/dudette that dresses up like something out of WW2 or some future war with his belly hanging over an armor vest that can't close, his helmet gear all on and he or she wants to make a GOOD IMPRESSION in a PRO GUN RALLY or in a march. Hey man! You have the right to dress your way but sometimes you can look really stupid or OUT OF PLACE. Just like we have seen gun folks do at some other rallies and even during the January 6th cluster eff up and psyop some time ago. The DUMB and peaceful people got snookered IN to that deal - PSYOP and the frothing and bat s crazies who climbed up walls and did all kinds of crapola including wanting to hang the VP did NOT DO ANY REAL CONSERVATIVE or any REAL - sane and honest gun man or gun woman any FAVORS for sure!

That goes for the EYE PATCH WEARING Oath Keeper head man to the female with her gear on who says she (SHE is a real female born that way.) was/is a trans - ex military - awol chick to the rest of the nut jobs.

The famous January 6th frothing man claimed he was nuts and he is getting treatment. His parents and others testified for him. He is WAY off the charts - Q and Qanon and tons more there. Tons of woo woo there in his pea brain for sure.

Yeah, those ABOVE PEOPLE and others did not do the normal gun folks any favors! Plus they had SOME .gov agents and paid protestors/actors thrown in there too.

IT was just ONE MORE cluster eff up and gave some people a bad name including GUN people who were NOT and never were for Hill, Trump, Biden, Trump, etc. as GUN people.

Or you have the types of men/women even in LE that really don't like guns or they think that only they should own them. And the funny thing is most of the people on THIS forum and that we know, including ourselves, could out shoot MOST of them at a range. I am not talking about long distance shooting or even hunting now. You do see some of those types who are really ANTI GUN in their own way or are against gun ownership for the 'masses' too. NOT all LE or military people are like that but there are some out there.

PLUS your anti gun politicians!

My OLD dead and alive LE people were NOT like the above paragraph nor were my military friends or my late husband.

Gun people eat their own too. Especially ones who go on about people who LIKE and prefer classic - old fashioned styles of firearms. We don't give a hoot what you LIKE and WE support YOU and your guns so WHY DO YOU always have to call some of us the F word as in FUDD?! Yet IT continues.

Throw in the OTHER ANTI GUN PEOPLE and some so called pro gun people (?) - screaming ones, females and males, wearing the Pink P_sy hats, the red bs baseball hats, WW2 helmets while they pack on their vests and full military GEAR, antifa freak outfits, ones dressed like some witch or satan worshipper, and ones dressed ALL IN BLACK like a goth (?) or COLUMBINE shooter - follower.

Throw in the people who always, always want to BLAME their fellow gun person instead of admitting that WHERE YOU LIVE - most of the time in specific counties and in large cities - you got OUT VOTED.

I do not live in Oregon or in Portland but I do NOT think that every single Oregon or Portland or wherever citizen is an ANTI gun man or woman. THERE are good and bad in ALL PEOPLE. ALL over the USA and the world.

But no - keep on BLAMING a gun person in any party - golly gee - what a way to WIN PEOPLE OVER TO YOUR SIDE. Not!

People get sick and tired of that bs line of LET US BLAME THE VOTER AND THIS CITY OR STATE DESERVE WHAT THEY GOT - BLA BLA TALK non stop.

Just as much as they get sick and tired of Biden, Trump, Obama, the FL young man - anti gunner with his CNN Mom and FBI Dad, Hill/Bill, Bannon and his love of the SCORCHED EARTH deal, Ye - koo koo West or whatever his name is NOW and HIS dirty ILK In the ALT RIGHT PSYCHO LAND and all of the other BIG MOUTHS out there in L/R la la land.

If real conservatives, small and large L libertarians and some classic liberal GUN folks actually worked together in a sane and NORMAL FASHION without all of the fake claims where they could not PUT UP OR SHUT UP when it came to ANY election - maybe gun people may get somewhere.

But it is too easy for some people to blame other gun people and even call them the F word as in Fudd even though they may even be more of a CONSTITUTIONALIST than the BIG mouths on the R and on the L!

The middle to late 90's and ON (Bad news!) and it's emphasis on some things when it came to FIREARM OWNERSHIP did not do us any favors too. In MY opinion.

THROW in the RECENT riots, arsons, muggings, murders, beatings, destruction of private and public property where the LAW, THE ENTIRE JUSTICE SYSTEM, THE GOVERNORS, THE AGs, THE POLICE, ETC. did not put an IMMEDIATE STOP TO ALL OF THAT CRIME AND THE CRIMINALS WHO DID ALL OF THOSE THINGS ONLY MADE normal, sane and SAFE gun people look like looney tunes. Yet, NO one stopped it and it went on for months and years and WHO PAID THE PRICE THERE?

As usual, the CRIMINALS or most of them got off free or were barely punished. And now, GOOD and honest people are paying for more BS when it comes to gun ownership due to the MASS MEDIA, what really happened in many cases, social engineering, propaganda, etc. ONE MORE PSYOP just like non stop 'flu' BS and some people can't even accept the TRUTH THERE when it came to CONTROL AND PEOPLE CONTROL. NON stop - 24/7 and the MEDIA is 100% guilty of this too.

Meanwhile it all went on and went down - the Great Reset and tons more. From GUNS to the flu to the bs war to you name it and back to GUNS AGAIN. Crazy land for sure.

And the WEF and other control freaks who love the Globalist Agenda which is a REAL THING, not some theory, want YOU to be disarmed. Do NOT doubt that at all.

Gun Control = People Control.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
The danger is everyone who blindly votes a party line and doesn't bother to read and think about ballot measures. It's an illness found in every political party.
THIS!

And that is WHY I believe that we should NOT only keep concentrating on CON ARTISTS, crazy land and senile land criminals in BOTH PARTIES!

WE need to get some other people out there or in a good 3rd or 4th party.

Right now, I want ALL OF THEM EXPOSED for the dirt bags, liars, thieves, warmongers, whoremongers, tax cheats, PNAC EFFING SUPPORTERS ON THE R AND L and money launderers that they are. ALL OF THEM but most people only pay attention to Faux Fox or Faux CNN.

There is MORE to the list of criminal names but I will stop there. They are TRAITORS to the Constitution - all of them. R and L!

They are all anti gun in their own way. Period!

Cate

Last Edited:
Open air accommodations for the unarmed compliant.

1671035951178.png

Sure you are in the right thread?
Is there a corect thread for that? Especialy given that:

#

2. Religious and non-firearm political content is prohibited

We are a single-issue organization, focused solely on bringing people together in support of the 2nd Amendment. Religious and political content is inherently divisive, hurting our cause far more than it could ever help it. This includes news-related content that our staff believes may cause division.

Here in UK, 8% of the population get into 80% of TV advertising, either full-black or semi-black. It's getting preposterous, TBH. Mixed-race families with a couple of Chinese kids and the odd dwarf thrown in to show the 'average' family? Gimme a break.
It's similar in advertisement here. All it shows me is for decades, entertainment and advertisement made a conscience choice not to show certain people. The fact that they do now in their wokeness does not endear me to their products. It's over the top.

I'll take "isms", for $5. Racism, sexism, nationalism, ect from the 70s -80s. They maybe cringe but they are based. (autocorrect doesn't like these words). Remember, get woke go broke.

The danger is everyone who blindly votes a party line and doesn't bother to read and think about ballot measures. It's an illness found in every political party.
I don't think there has been anything brought to the table that isn't on track with the insanity part of the dem party for a couple of election cycles? I consider myself very moderate. There has been nothing but harm coming out of that side of the aisle for a good long time. And I ain't BLIND!!

It's similar in advertisement here. All it shows me is for decades, entertainment and advertisement made a conscience choice not to show certain people. The fact that they do now in their wokeness does not endear me to their products. It's over the top.

I'll take "isms", for $5. Racism, sexism, nationalism, ect from the 70s -80s. They maybe cringe but they are based. (autocorrect doesn't like these words). Remember, get woke go broke.
It's not just advertising. It's everything where they have hosts. News programs.

And well armed as well, along with many others at 'Rancho Rajneesh' .

Yea, and they ripped a lot of people and businesses off as well. They came in during a economic low point, were handed a lot of credit (and materials and equipment) by many businesses - and then stopped paying. They had armed guards at their military-like entry points and would deny entry to certain people depending on their reasons for being there - such as trying to collect on debts or repo things. Also lets not forget the 96 (or was it 97) Rolls Royces the Bagwan owned.

They were actively transporting homeless people in from other areas and it was speculated they were attempting to increase the population of Wasco Co. to win elections to get themselves placed in political positions to take over the county - and some guessed eventually the whole state.

They harassed citizens of the county and there was 'talk on the street' of the locals planning on some sort of organized (and armed) occupation of the place. Many people were frightened of them and it was often thought not 'if' - but when an armed confrontation or shooting would take place.

I remember this all very well as I was living in Redmond at the time and there was either something in the news everyday about it or I would hear about it from those involved - one being the Sales Mgr. of Pape Cat in Redmond who lost several pieces of equipment to them.

What they were trying to 'create' was a dictatorial society where they would keep everyone controlled by fear and oppression, dressing alike and all wearing their pendent with a pic of the Bagwan on it - and a nonstop supply of drugs to keep them mellow. Kind of like a large scale Charles Manson - type scenario.
Oh, it started out with a simple concept - turn over all you own, all your money and we will take care of you for the rest of your life - but turned ugly in a very short order.

There were reports of people at the Rancho that went 'missing' and it is speculated there are probably more than a few 'shallow graves' in the area.

Back to Ma Anand Sheela - the woman was very controlling and conniving and probably did a lot of things 'behind the back' of the Bagwan. He was little more than a 'figurhead' - while she called all the shots.
Just a few short decades later and the Bagwan is in office.

The wise know when to speak and when not to speak. The fools compensate by their many words.

As a wise man once said:. "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

My opinion...morons tend to flock together.

Unfortunately we live in a time that not only offers multiple outlets for verbal diarrhea, but also encourages it as "fierce", "empowering", or a pathway to fame...and fame a pathway to "authority". We are living in a world of narcissists trying to grab attention from the other narcissists. Social media has given them too much instant reach. In the past the remedy for this was time and effort. People had to wait and to put effort into voicing their opinion, so they actually had to think before talking (or typing). Now society is stuck in an instant feedback loop or echo chamber where confirmation bias can be found at 5G speed.

Last Edited:
As far as the opposing party's (auto corrected, should say "original poster") theory that anti-gunners ignorant about guns have "so much sway" goes, I think many of us have lost perspective. The AWB passed with bipartisan support 30 years ago. Since it's expired the country has witnessed some pretty horrific "mass shootings"—I mean freaking awful mass casualties of innocent strangers and lots of children, at the hands of monsterous loons—some committed with higher capacity box magazine fed semiautomatic rifles that are easy to demonize, AND STILL the chance of similar legislation being passed today is 0%. With that, the Supremes have clarified that the 2nd amendment applies to individuals thereby clarifying peoples' right to bear arms, and a pile of states have repealed laws requiring a license to carry concesled. From the perspective of the Gifford's Center and Everytown USA, the pro-gun control folks are asking the same question "how do they gave so much sway" about the pro-2A folks.

Those that are anti-gun and hold sway are simply ignorant because why would someone who thinks that a hobby/sport/method of defense is dangerous and unnecessary know a lot about the subject, beyond the negatives. A silly example might be that there are large numbers of folks on this forum who out of hand would refuse to become vegetarian because—yuck!—and don't know the first thing about vegetarian cooking. It's sort of like that, but people die so public policy is involved.

My opinion is that the cat's out of the bag. Even if pro-gun control folks had the political support to do what Australia has done, they can't. The surge in popularity and availability of the AR platform rifle/pistol following the expiration of the ban has created an entire new firearms industry that has it's own political allies and PR machine. The competition in that industry has pushed the entry level price of a good basic AR from about $1200 to about $600 and as low as $399 for budget rifles (pre-pandemic I think I saw ATI poly lower rifles for like $359). The cool factor of these weapons, enhanced by FPS games and movies surely helped drive demand and my guess is demand has also been fueled by large numbers of soldiers returning from combat deployments who are completely familiar and comfortable with the platform making it an obvious HD and sporting choice for them. The manufacturers have also made it (or perhaps embraced) owning guns and AR's in particular a culture war/ political issue, probably also prompting some sales to guys who in the past would be more inclined to purchase a 12 gauge than an AR.

At this point we have way too many firearms, box magazine fed semi-auto rifles, "high capacity" magazines", and "high capacity" semiautomatic handguns in circulation in private hands for the government to be able to afford to legally take them off the streets—assuming the owners wouldn't rebel. Remember the government also can't take legally acquired property without paying compensation, which is why states always grandfather newly regulated firearms related items which always includes some dumb aspirational voluntary destruction/turn in method for owners to get rid of the now illegal to anyone else items of property. Moreover the highest court in the land is skeptical of the constitutionality of firearms regulation and would probably strike down legislation like the 1994 AWB.

So now millions of us are well armed. I think something firearms enthusiasts should be asking is "how do we stop the more horrific headline grabbing gun violence?" I don't mean normal crime related gun violence (btw, I think the term "mass shooting" really should exclude gang, drug or property related crime shootings), because that's always going to happen. I mean crazy goes to school and kills 15 people or disgruntled DV perp ex husband kills wife kids and extended family type shootings. Clearly a capable motivated crazy can kill dozens by other means (vehicle, arson, explosives, knives), but it's foolish to claim access to firearms doesn't make it easier. Personally, I don't believe outlawing certain firearms based on improved ergonomic characteristics and even limiting magazine capacity would help much.

Last Edited:
I think something firearms enthusiasts should be asking is "how do we stop the more horrific headline grabbing gun violence?"
I'm a firearms enthusiast. "WE" as fire arms enthusiasts, have no way to stop the violent people from commiting horrible violence.

Maybe everyone should be asking WHY these mass shooters were allowed to get the arms they did?
Weren't so many of these shooters already on somebodies radar as being dangerous?
Shouldn't they have already been disallowed to buy/own firearms, but weren't put in the system for the background check to be denied purchase?
And why aren't people that belong in jail, in jail?

Speaking of the cat being out of the bag .
It's simple to anyone with a brain that what created the popularity of highly visible mass casualty attacks is the ATTENTION that is paid to them.
Tools , location, and victim types are not going to be hard to guess when a nut job decides to go get their 15 minutes. Our society created the perfect scenario for a loser to get on TV

I'm a firearms enthusiast. "WE" as fire arms enthusiasts, have no way to stop the violent people from commiting horrible violence.

Maybe everyone should be asking WHY these mass shooters were allowed to get the arms they did?
Weren't so many of these shooters already on somebodies radar as being dangerous?
Shouldn't they have already been disallowed to buy/own firearms, but weren't put in the system for the background check to be denied purchase?
And why aren't people that belong in jail, in jail?
Yes, all great points. But lots weren't. Some were known to be disturbed or odd but that's not illegal wouldn't always draw attention of law enforcement. Some of US object to red-flag laws or firearms restrictions, even temporary, of those alleged to be domestic violence perps.

When I say, what can we do, I mean is there any sort of check, law or regulation on possession or purchase that isn't objectionable or too burdensome on the collective 2A rights?

Is There A Reason Why Those Most Ignorant Of Firearms Have So Much Sway?

Its pretty simple, the majority of society does not want to take responsibility for their personal safety. Society has a [slight] liberal bias naturally, so when it comes to things of difficulty its easier to rely on social policies to provide your needs (911).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top