JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With the US being by far the biggest consumer of firearms on Earth, so what? I mean we literally own half the guns with what, 5% of the people? OH NO! We'll just buy 'em domestically, then.

Our govt thinks it will be needing a lot more ammo soon? I don't believe we export a lot of sporting arms and ammo though. An import ban would be more impactful.
Precisely. It's like saying they're gonna stop exporting food from the fattest country to ever exist. You really think our Michelin man looking asses won't eat it?

There have been credible reports of a significant re-positioning of strategic assets in the ME in anticipation of Iranian escalation. THAAD systems reshuffled, Aegis sea systems moving, etc.

This is probably a "sounds like a good idea" all-of-government approach to trying to stop arms flow parallel to that. The expectation is that Iran is going to enter the chat soon and that means places that have been sucking up small arms for decades, like Yemen, will become hot(ter).

This would be my top guess as to possible reasons.

Stopping exports of firearms from the US, I don't have a problem especially if it's exports towards countries not friendly to US interests :rolleyes: then again.. Stopping exports of civilian firearms... aren't we already doing that stupid ITAR (international traffic of arms regulations or something?) thing?? 🤔

It's the importing of arms from other countries that I would prefer to open up.. bring back the cheap SKS, bring back the Korean M1s both Garand and Carbines, bring back the M16s and M4s we gave away.. only if we can also abolish the ATF, repeal NFA and GCA 1968 and Hughes Amendment...

Washington realized that there's Hezbollah sleeper cells in the states and we'll need all the small arms we can get our hands on to defend AmeriKa.

Build the border wall, it's not racist.

Be like Pakistan, give'em a date to depart by. Those who don't leave, round 'em and send 'em home.

You want to come to AmeriKa, follow the immigration process. File your paperwork, pay your fees, and wait in line. Just like I did to bring my wife and daughter here from Peru.

U.S. companies that sell firearms, including Sturm Ruger & Co. (RGR.N), Smith & Wesson Brands (SWBI.O) and Vista Outdoor (VSTO.N), could be impacted by the export ban.

Overseas customers include distributors and stores that sell firearms.
Gun companies sell worldwide, not just here. Export licenses and end user certificates are required for any export of firearms. The department of commerce prohibits commercial sales to specific countries, as does department of state for military sales, and nobody really complains about that because it makes sense - if there's reason to believe country A is funneling their imported arms to country B, who is restricted from receiving US arms exports, then banning sales to country A is perfectly reasonable.

There are 230-ish countries, of which about 175 permit civilian sales in some form or another, to greater or lesser degrees. This is saying no sales are permitted to ANY of those countries whatsoever. There is no legitimate reason for that kind of prohibition - there is no way that every single country in the world that the US sells civilian arms to is rerouting them to hostile nations.

A 90 day halt on international sales will take tens of millions of dollars out of the pockets of our big gun companies. It's like holding them hostage, and it'll have a far-reaching impact on their international business because it creates uncertainty and inconsistency in the supply chain. Those countries that are waiting on US shipments will temporarily buy from Germany or Austria or Czechia or Italy or Spain or any other arms-producing nation if they need to fill the gap, but they might choose to just stop buying from US companies altogether to avoid these kinds of regulatory interruptions in the future.

I don't see how this can be anything other than the administration using every last trick in the book to impair the US firearm industry.

Last Edited:
From the article:
The Commerce Department did not provide further details for the pause, which also includes shotguns and optical sights, but said an urgent review will assess the "risk of firearms being diverted to entities or activities that promote regional instability, violate human rights, or fuel criminal activities."
My emphasis

Simple, the government hates competition. They want to be able to give/sell guns and equipment to places where they can be diverted to the above exclusively. We already have ITAR to prevent sales to bad actors.

So the Taliban and Russia fill the ammo void of our enemies. This is another case of government, "doing something" without actually, "doing something".

Heaven forbid, with several conflicts going on and thousands of civilians being killed, our politicians actually seek any agreements to stop the fighting. Instead, "we'll just ship fewer bullets".

Stopping exports of firearms from the US, I don't have a problem especially if it's exports towards countries not friendly to US interests :rolleyes: then again.. Stopping exports of civilian firearms... aren't we already doing that stupid ITAR (international traffic of arms regulations or something?) thing?? 🤔

It's the importing of arms from other countries that I would prefer to open up.. bring back the cheap SKS, bring back the Korean M1s both Garand and Carbines, bring back the M16s and M4s we gave away.. only if we can also abolish the ATF, repeal NFA and GCA 1968 and Hughes Amendment...
I'd prefer they halt sales to the government officials of tyrannical states.

Last Edited:
Washington realized that there's Hezbollah sleeper cells in the states and we'll need all the small arms we can get our hands on to defend AmeriKa.

Build the border wall, it's not racist.

Be like Pakistan, give'em a date to depart by. Those who don't leave, round 'em and send 'em home.

You want to come to AmeriKa, follow the immigration process. File your paperwork, pay your fees, and wait in line. Just like I did to bring my wife and daughter here from Peru.
Just like I did too, bringing my wife and three kids from Australia.

Wasn't cheap, and a TON of procedures and paperwork, in "quadlicate"!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews