JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0101:

There it is, in a nutshell!
Those of us that can score a hit at longer ranges want a tool that facilitates that activity!
Also, a number of us trained, qualified and were issued M-14's in the military. Yes! I know! It's the Oooold military! I qualified expert, at 97/100 and I'm danged proud of it! I carried one in the Korean DMZ and it was a great comfort. So, my personal loyalty to the rifle knows no bounds!
I own and like AR's, they are great for so many things!
However, to paraphrase Crocodile Dundee, "That's no rifle!" "This is a rifle!" :D

View attachment 368380

That is a great pic, Nambu. Armed with a fine battle rifle and Army issue "RPGs" the enemy will run like hell in the other direction. :eek:
:D

I'm sort of like Sgt here, I was issued an M-21 for a while and learned to love it, especially when having to fight an enemy who had learned to stay out side 400 meters on ya and lob 7.62 at you with little fear of getting any return fire! M-21 sure ended that habit right quick!:)
I too loved my M-21 ... If I only could have taken her home...
I used one in Desert Shield / Storm and Bosnia.
Andy

Clinton destroyed thousands of new M14s that were in storage, only the Navy kept thousands of M14s in service for shipboard issue. The Marines & Army were issued new and reworked M14s from the Navy arms depot in Crane Indiana for our never ending war in Afghanistan.

Well, etrain, we love ya like a brother, and we know that it's the factory "issue" mag.
What we also know is it's duffus lookin'!

In my humble defense...:rolleyes:...I took those photos last year right after I got the rifle and hadn't yet got the other mags yet. Maybe I need to take a new photo with the other mags, just to prove I do have more than the standard CA capacity mags :p

I like mine the old fashion way.

My son liked his with "add ons." This was his his rifle until he sold it for an AR. Why? Because, ARs use cheaper ammo. I have the reloading stuff but, he refuses to spend his time reloading. Jeez....kids now days.

IMAG0346.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Legends never die.
I have wanted a M1A since I started liking firearms. But I have never bought one.
ARs are all the craze, they are cheap, fun, and modular.
The M1A is heavy and expensive. All it's accessories are stupid expensive.

I think the cost and lack of versatility (when compared to an AR) is holding it back. It will never go away though.

I will want one until I get one. Then I will want two. Which is why I don't want to start.

I have a couple of 10 rd mags that came with my SA M1As and work great from the bench. I bought a bunch of CMI 20 rd mags for $20 that were on a blowout sale. CMI makes the Springfield Armory factory magazines and the new magazines for the military.

Great price & Springfield Armory M1As have a lifetime warranty and is offering accessories at discount prices this year on M1As. SA is putting some fantastic wood on thier standard models this year (A to AA grade) in this batch of rifles. I've seen some real nice ones at Clark Rifles that came in this year. This is mine delivered two days ago. I'll post it when I'm done cleaning up the stock w/ some 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper & boiled lindseed oil. The stock should pop out to a solid AA grade. For new comers to the world of SA, they build M1As & 1911s in batches annually.

IMG_0510.JPG IMG_0512.JPG

I'm sort of like Sgt here, I was issued an M-21 for a while and learned to love it, especially when having to fight an enemy who had learned to stay out side 400 meters on ya and lob 7.62 at you with little fear of getting any return fire! M-21 sure ended that habit right quick!:)

We didn't have any fancy M-14's w/scopes where I was stationed, in Korea. We did have one of these baby's in the CP of every Guard Post on the DMZ.

IMG_1055.JPG

It hung just below a 90mm rocket launcher, over the door. :)

:s0101:

There it is, in a nutshell!
Those of us that can score a hit at longer ranges want a tool that facilitates that activity!
Also, a number of us trained, qualified and were issued M-14's in the military. Yes! I know! It's the Oooold military! I qualified expert, at 97/100 and I'm danged proud of it! I carried one in the Korean DMZ and it was a great comfort. So, my personal loyalty to the rifle knows no bounds!
I own and like AR's, they are great for so many things!
However, to paraphrase Crocodile Dundee, "That's no rifle!" "This is a rifle!" :D

View attachment 368380
Great BCGs & uniform, chick magnet.

Sorry dude, but I had those made! I know.....why? My BCG's were so poorly made that the nose piece was closer to my face than the beginning of the earpieces! I literally could not wear them! :(

And BTW, thanks! I was kind of a handsome stud!

Last Edited:
Sold both my M1A's.
Beautiful rifles.

But I just cant hold any non- GI receiver gun in reverence.
It's a mental thing............................Or is it?

My CMP M1's have doubled in price.
My M1 carbines? Through the roof! WWII 1911prices? Cray cray!

While I can pick up a M1A for about the same price I did 10-15 years ago. o_O

So sorry. No place for clones in my collection.

Recently sold off my M1A and the accouterments.. original flaming bomb scope mount stack'O mags, cleaning kit etc. Bought it in the mid '80s for @$500 bucks plus whatever I got the mags and mount for, sold it for $1800. It is a sweet rifle with a hand-rubbed linseed oil finish stock, and I had a lot of personal pride in it. Sold it to someone hopefully better able to enjoy it than myself, I can't lug a heavy rifle anymore. Better I spend the money than my heirs eh. My chosen go-to piece (besides the AK) is a Colt-made M4-marked semi-auto. Much easier to carry and the Old Woman can shoot it too. An FAL and an H&K91 fill the ".308 niche".

I would love to have a M1A M21 clone, I just picked up a Collectors Edition Remington M24, but would rather have a M21. My Super Match is as close as I will ever get. My nephews (Army) returned from Afghanistan last year. The oldest is a Staff Sargent Ranger who hated having to shot someone several times to stop them. My other nephew told me he could hit an insurgent several times with his SAW and not always stop them. Good thing we continue to issue weapons to our young men that are less effective than WWII German STG-44s & MG42s.

They were probably high as a kite.
You take the right drugs a .50 to head and you'll still be walking for a few steps.

Whats the weight difference in a load out between a M14 and an M16?

"Is the M1A Dying in the Market"
No.

The M14/M1A world is not immune to this post election slow down the gun maker industry is experiencing, but I haven't seen any blowout sales (not yet) like we are witnessing in the AR world. I can also say the market (small as it may be) for M14 related accessories continues to grow, people are upgrading some of what they have.

Blackfeather-Squad.JPG

WinchesterE2.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR