JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:rolleyes: There is nothing wrong with improving the rifles accuracy & ergonomics.

Everything with the RS is about performance gains, none of it is for show.

Late though you may be, recognizing an M14 EBR should be easy for just about everyone...
because they have been around for about 17 years now.

Well I'm old.....and I know a thing or two about "enhancements" :D

E

No offense, but spoiling the classic lines of such a great rifle with tacticool accessories just seems somehow wrong. It's not really even recognizable as a M1A any more.

It's like taking a '69 Cameron and installing a light bar and mud flaps....IMO. :D

E[/QUOTE]
What he said.:oops::oops:
P1000062.JPG

My NM M1A is classic look but not a trade off in performance. I will put this
iron sight rifle up against any scoped tacti cool M1A. A true test would be a
"Across the Course" Highpower rifle match. 200-300-600 yards :eek::eek::eek:

No offense, but spoiling the classic lines of such a great rifle with tacticool accessories just seems somehow wrong. It's not really even recognizable as a M1A any more.

It's like taking a '69 Cameron and installing a light bar and mud flaps....IMO. :D

E
What he said.:oops::oops:
View attachment 371409
That's how I generally view any rifle designed during the Cold War. Tbh the only modification I'd ever make to a classic rifle (whether it be a FAL, M14, or PTR-91) is a rail for a scope mount, if its reversible that is.

Last Edited:
I like seeing the M1A in as close as possible form to a M14 as it can be.... Or in its National Match profile.
That said ... its your rifle , do with it what you want.
It is nice to see that interest and use of this rifle has not gone away with the advent of other rifles.
Andy

IMG_0562.JPG

I just picked up a like new USGI walnut stock for my standard grade walnut M1A. I like the look of the slim GI walnut stocks. I also installed an evel factory flash suppressor w/ a bayonet lug. It now looks like a real M14. I traded for an original USN web sling (found it's way off a ship's small arms locker).

Last Edited:
The M14/M1A Rifles dominated Service Rifle High Power competition for many
years. This resulted in NM modifications that were refined in trial and error
over many years of competition by thousands of shooters. The modifications
are limited to 'Not Changing Outward Appearance'. Few other military rifles have
such a wealth of "Research" in accuracy improvements as the M14/M1A.
IMHO:eek:

I love my Super Match w/ a McMillan Marine Corps camo glass stock. I used to shoot NRA high power with the heavy beast. Heath issues forced me to the bench.

It's a shame that these same competition rules keep the wealth of real world M14 EBR improvements in accuracy & reliability that have been proven on the two way range out of competition.

Last Edited:
That's how I generally view any rifle designed during the Cold War. Tbh the only modification I'd ever make to a classic rifle (whether it be a FAL, M14, or PTR-91) is a rail for a scope mount, if its reversible that is.

I have a confession........
This is what my PTR-91 looks like.....with it's non spec rail.

20161225_143137.jpg

Last Edited:
Finished #3 of 3 in my M1A collection, a USGI set up. USN sling, USGI Walnut stock with proof and acceptance cartouches, USGI butt plate assembly & USGI flash suppressor.

IMG_0555.JPG IMG_0554.JPG IMG_0553.JPG IMG_0552.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top