JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't seen or heard anything about any FNRA dinners around here in several years now. Are they gone from the PNW? Or at least the Vancouver area?

We've gone to the Friends of NRA banquet in Eugene every year for over twenty years. This year there wasn't one. Maybe Covid? I honestly don't know.

[Belushi voice ON] I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn't have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD! [/Belushi Voice OFF]

They're still going strong in Idaho. Here's a list of events if you want to travel.
There is also a 100 gun raffle, hosted by the Idaho State Rifle and Pistol Association going on right now.

The same website showed only one event in Washington, in Davenport which is near Spokane, and two in Oregon, Corvallis and Enterprise.

1662129940166.jpeg

Used to be at least 4 up and down the I5 corridor in Oregon. Corvallis
appears to be the only one left. There was one close to me in McMinnville,
but it stopped well before covid. NRA seems to have changed a bit in the
past 10 years--and not for the better.

NRA seems to have changed a bit in the
past 10 years--and not for the better.
Unfortunately, that seems to be a common sentiment. A friend of mine used to chair the local FoNRA committee. Due mainly to things going on at the regional/national level, he no longer is the chair, no longer is an NRA member, and no longer belongs to the local gun club because they require NRA membership. Personally, I haven't given a dime to the actual NRA in many years but do still support the local FoNRA banquets when they have them.

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good (paraphrase from Voltaire). I'm an NRA life member, and they've done many things over the years I've taken exception with, but they're still the best game in town for protecting us from the other side. Why do you think the anti's spend so much time and money attacking the NRA?

Life member here---and former direct and indirect supporter. Now my
donation money goes to SAF, GOA, etc. Personal opinion is that there
is rot at the top of the NRA, and until LaPierre and his cronies get the
boot I will continue to withhold support. Just me--YMMV.

This is what recently brought on the angst full throttle.
"NY Attorney General James began her inquiry into the NRA in February 2019."
She doesn't give one sh it about the inner workings of the Org, she sought to find a way to divide the membership, try to destroy their enemy, the NRA and boy did that tactic work great for her.
Look at all the supposedly Pro2A gun owners out there that have never been or are not currently members but yet they bit ch and vilified all because a communist NY AG wanted to destroy the NRA. Y'all bit hook, line and sinker!!!
:s0037::s0037::s0037:

It should be the NRA members that charge these corporate thieves, kick them out off their cushy positions and get our ship righted.
How many eligible members actual took the time to vote in the last Board election?

Just like in our national elections, many don't think that their vote counts so they don't and elect the very enemy we have now!!!

I'm out!

Life member here---and former direct and indirect supporter. Now my
donation money goes to SAF, GOA, etc. Personal opinion is that there
is rot at the top of the NRA, and until LaPierre and his cronies get the
boot I will continue to withhold support. Just me--YMMV.
I'm also an NRA Life Member and right there with you buddy.

I once had similar sentiments as @Caveman Jim and am largely in agreement with his comments above. But, I now feel like LaPierre has gotten more than a little too comfortable at the trough. Like too many of this country's politicians, he has outlasted his usefulness and is a poster child for term limits. The NRA President position turns over frequently, but not La Pierre's position.

Another #LifersAgainstLapierre here... I paid for Life specifically to ensure that I can bullet-vote for reformers like Rocky Marshall and Frank Tait until either I croak or they find a way to boot me--and I vote EVERY time.

I'm also an NRA Life Member and right there with you buddy.

I once had similar sentiments as @Caveman Jim and am largely in agreement with his comments above. But, I now feel like LaPierre has gotten more than a little too comfortable at the trough. Like too many of this country's politicians, he has outlasted his usefulness and is a poster child for term limits. The NRA President position turns over frequently, but not La Pierre's position.
That's why I mentioned that the members should hand him his azz, forcefully if necessary.

The Friends of the NRA (FNRA) is an NRA Foundation program, NOT an NRA program. Yes, the are SEPARATE corporations.

The FNRA fell on hard times due to COVID prohibiting the banquets. This was compounded in WA with the State Gambling Commission trying to confirm the funds raised by FNRA were being properly used (aka, not going to WLP), not being willing to raise proceeds limits, etc. Then the NRA had some ground level staff problems in WA with the people who were monitoring FNRA events in WA. Net result is FNRA is struggling to rebuild especially here on the Left Coast. The ID group hardly missed a step, running fund raisers on line, etc.

As of now, there are 2 scheduled in WA: WW and Lincoln County. Event schedules can be found at https://www.nrafoundation.org/friends-of-nra/

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top