JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been eye-ballin' various firearms lately and notice a trend. Prices have dropped quite a bit.

I'm guessing the gun-sales business is down? Ya'd think, in the day-n-age of mass-shootings, they'd go UP!

Too bad I couldn't time it better, a LOT of good deals out there that might reap rewards for those willing to wait for a return-of-investment!

I'm seeing guns I considered a year ago near half the price.

It's called the Trump Slump.

Firearms are coming into the realm of where they should be.

Thank PSA and other cheap, bulk sale, Crap quality AR15 manufactures for flooding the market with mediocre at best, but normally garbage guns and parts and driving down the prices of the good stuff. Most folks are ignorant to the difference between "BCA" and "BCM"... Irritates the crap out of me when I have a quality upper with a good barrel, high end hand guard, properly staked bcg and all that on my table at a gun show... priced far below what it should be.... a guy walks up looks it over asked a couple questions... then comes back by a little while later carrying a cheaply built POS he bought for $50 cheaper made from a crap bear creek barrel and Chinese import parts... and with that $50 he bought himself a sweet Vism red dot/laser/flashlight/bottle opener....Way cheaper than that Vortex, and the guy said they are probably made in the same factory... Seems legit!
That said....
they are putting guns in safes. the more people the buy ARs and other guns...
The more that will vote and fight to keep them.

Last Edited:
It's actually a great time to invest. In another year or two there will be a frenzy. Quality stuff will be hard to find and while you're at it, pick up some stock in Sportsman's Warehouse or Ruger or Smith & Wesson. Buy Low Sell High!

It's actually a great time to invest. In another year or two there will be a frenzy. Quality stuff will be hard to find and while you're at it, pick up some stock in Sportsman's Warehouse or Ruger or Smith & Wesson. Buy Low Sell High!
I don't think it will even be that long...
With the legislation looming in Oregon and Washington it could be a lot sooner.

I would say that it depends on the type of firearm for sale.
It seems that much of the so called "Tactical Firearms" have leveled off on pricing and in some cases gone down.

Most of the gun shops have plenty of arms and ammo on the shelves as well , at least where I live and shop...And seem busy , at least with folks coming in the shop doors .
That said it is seems that many older style firearms are a "tough sell" in my area.
Andy

The word 'buns' when speaking of males makes me squint with a frown and a harsh light in me peepers...but then lots of beta males really like the look as it gives them a certain 'girly' appearance betas really, really like...

For me it just seems like guns I already have are going down in price but ones I want keep going up. :(

Maybe that's just all in my head.

And I keep wanting to get guns I already have because the price is so damn good.

Everyone needs 5 backups right?

Used black and plastic guns should always depreciate, so that's not a surprise. And new black and plastic guns have taken a hit, as the market is saturated. There's more competition, and manufacturing methods always favor making them cheaper.

But what should be a surprise, is collectible guns depreciating. In themselves, they aren't necessarily losing value, but as there are fewer mature owners buying quality/collectible firearms, and there are more mature owners timing out and liquidating their collections. Many of us have this same discussion. What do we do with our collections? Most younger shooters have little interest in our accumulations, so our stuff is becoming hard to sell. We can hope the market escalates later, and our family is able to sell our collections when we're gone, or we can start weeding now, with devalued prices just to make the ultimate liquidation easier.

I'm sure someone will be here saying I'm all wet in my observations. I know there are exceptions, and I certainly know my opinions wont fit every scenario, but I've been at this game a long time, and these are the trends I'm seeing, too often.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads