JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The word 'buns' when speaking of males makes me squint with a frown and a harsh light in me peepers...but then lots of beta males really like the look as it gives them a certain 'girly' appearance betas really, really like...

Unfortunately, a "zeta" male used to be in the family, by marriage. Ze is now a "transition" counselor in WA... :eek::eek::eek:

What do we do with our collections? Most younger shooters have little interest in our accumulations,

Well, I started training and cultivating my kiddos long ago, and then their spouses later on. A few years back I started passing down some of my firearms and have a plan in my will.

bbbass,

Is he a 'transition counselor' because he's been through the transition or is he simply a therapist who isn't one of the girls, as in a regular, garden variety therapist just making a living?

No, it's none of my beeswax, but I'm just being nosy.

Neurotics, body dysmorphics and other crazies come in all forms...and they too need treatment.

Thanks!

bbbass,

Is he a 'transition counselor' because he's been through the transition or is he simply a therapist who isn't one of the girls, as in a regular, garden variety therapist just making a living?

Neurotics, body dysmorphics and other crazies come in all forms...and they too need treatment.

Thanks!
Asking for a friend?:D

bbbass,

Thanks!

PM coming....

Asking for a friend?:D

LOL

But what should be a surprise, is collectible guns depreciating. In themselves, they aren't necessarily losing value, but as there are fewer mature owners buying quality/collectible firearms, and there are more mature owners timing out and liquidating their collections. Many of us have this same discussion. What do we do with our collections? Most younger shooters have little interest in our accumulations, so our stuff is becoming hard to sell. We can hope the market escalates later, and our family is able to sell our collections when we're gone, or we can start weeding now, with devalued prices just to make the ultimate liquidation easier.

I see very few collectible guns show up on this site or even Armslist. 97% of the guns for sale are recent manufacture, and a great deal of those are polymer framed. On occasion I will see a collectible here but usually it's a shooter grade gun.

I've been eye-ballin' various firearms lately and notice a trend. Prices have dropped quite a bit.

I'm guessing the gun-sales business is down? Ya'd think, in the day-n-age of mass-shootings, they'd go UP!

Too bad I couldn't time it better, a LOT of good deals out there that might reap rewards for those willing to wait for a return-of-investment!

I'm seeing guns I considered a year ago near half the price.

It has leveled off some now. Right after the current POTUS won price on a lot of stuff tanked. People had been hording and causing a huge shortage. When the woman lost price tanked. I don't own an AR, don't really want one any more. They got so damn cheap I almost bought another even though it would be very hard to shoot it here. I love 1911's, some nice ones got cheaper than what I paid for my last one over 15 years ago.

Could be. He often runs his videos with a tongue firmly in cheek.
He gets a LOT of haters for that. He is often using humor that many just don't see. Others take a small clip out of context, or only watch till he says something bad about their "god gun" and turn it off. Often if you watch the entire clip he makes perfect sense.

But with prices as low as I've seen them, it's made me wonder about the investment opportunities. Assuming you can sit on it for a decade.[/QUOTE]
Yes in that sooner or later there will be another panic. A LOT of gun owners work every 2 years to have their rights taken away. Sooner or later, probably sooner, they will get what they have been begging for, more laws. Get another extremely anti gun POTUS, as many gun owners beg for, and again there will be a panic. Of course it's risky. As they pass more laws simply making it where some stuff can't even be sold, well it would make it far harder to find a new buyer.

I've seen some smoking deals on very nice, older hunting rifles. Standard grade classic bolt action rifles in average condition seem to go pretty cheap nowadays. I have several older Remington 700s and such in the back of the safe. I decent shooter grade 700 back 20+ years ago went for around $300. I've seen them sell around here lately for... around $300.

Modern manufacturing has made cheap, usable hunting rifles seriously affordable in recent years. They're often quite accurate, and usable enough for a hunting rifle, but they don't hold a candle to the classics as far as fit and finish.

Oh damn you!! I have to admit I had never heard that. You have no idea how hard it is going to be now to not say that to the next dude I see wearing one :D:D:D

I needed to stop by my neighbors house to give them a heads up on something, and almost commented that soy boy had a nice doosh knot. :eek:

After being raped by our gun stores and manufactures we can now smile and buy guns at lower prices.
<sigh> There was a LOT of this all during a couple years of the panic shortage. No doubt a FEW people who are in the businesses took advantage but MOST of the scalping was out of the hands of store's or manufacturers. Just like all the people who swore the ammo shortage, especially .22 was a conspiracy. No amount of explaining how this works would reach most who had their mind made up.
The "raping" was being done by those who bought stuff and then re sold it. Most stores worked off the same mark up as always. Of course on many guns, like AR's, as fast as guns came in they were grabbed up. Then people would get mad. One guy for example was telling me he was at a Wal-Mart. They had just gotten in 2 Lower end AR's. One guy was buying both for around $700, which is what they sold for. He asked if he could get one? The guy offered it to him for 2K. He said he wanted to gouge his eyes out. I told him if you wanted an AR why did you wait till there was a panic going on to run to the store to get one? He of course then got mad at me. Most ammo and gun manufacturers were running 24/7 to try to fill the pipeline. They can't just flip a switch and magically start to triple output. They would have to invest millions in new space and equipment. If they did and the pipe line filled the new machines would sit idle and people would be laid off. Then they are out the money. Next panic shortage it will again be the people buying, NOT the stores or manufacturers who are responsible for huge spike in price.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top