JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent job Dominic. Outnumbered, but never outclassed.

I noticed that when the woman, last question, asked about women and safety, that Kemp jumped right in with women as victims and she was talking about armed women. So he switched to the 5 times more likely to die by having a gun in the home - nice try Kemp. I loved it.

Didn't Kemp say that he did not want to take everybody's guns, but yet parades that old wives tale about being 5 times more likely to die by the gun if you have one in your home.

What I disliked was a panel should have equal speakers. Why I commend the civility of the invited, if the point was to present a neutral presentation they failed. I was OK with the answers, that all I can really say nothing wowed me.
But good job none the less.

The dude on the very right was really difficult to listen to. I thought the priest was very well spoken. Dominic was pretty awesome, handled himself well and answered questions even better.

Dominic held his own until the moderator let the crying lady interrupt into his time. It is hard to come back from that without sounding like a big meanie. Reverend Nutter just kept rambling on about nothing and occasionally slipped in several lies. Dominic was sharp enough to catch and call him on most. 30 rounds a second my @$$.

It was not really fair to let Kemp open and end the discussion.

Anyone have time to list all of the pro-43 lies told tonight?

I think we need to focus on why cops carry more than 4, 5 or 10 rounds.

I could only watch the first 20 minutes. I can't/won't sit there for 2 hours and listen to people that have no idea what they are talking about. Dominic is the only reason that I wanted to watch and I already know where his heart is.

Never knew who Dominic was before this but he did very well against what was mostly psychobabble.
About the only thing I really 'heard' from the opposition in the whole two hours was an emphasis on round 'capacity'.

Something I wish our side would do more is recognize the other side comes from a place of ignorance and so does the audience. Treating them like equals in the gun debate is like being a doctor and expecting everyone else to have the same medical knowledge and make policy on it even though they have no clue.

Being polite but pointing out their "experts" ignorance on the technical details then lends more credance to the critique of their policy after. If you focus on the policy and ignore the technical things they get wrong on firearms the ignorant audience will think what they are saying is correct and that they are as much of an expert as you are.

You are the expert, educate them, it might establish you as the conduit of information. And maybe reinforce that people ignorant on a subject shouldn't be creating policy on it.

One thing that frustrated me with Noir is he moved on instead of correcting them on the first question and subsequent questions.

If you dig their arguments fall apart and their ignorance is revealed.

THAT is what people need to see. That the arguments made are based on confusion, ignorance, and lies by people completely clueless on the subject they are addressing.

Good luck. :)
This was set up by progressives, for progressives. No need to read much beyond that. Did anybody really expect this to be fair and balanced? In this town?

This was set up by progressives, for progressives. No need to read much beyond that. Did anybody really expect this to be fair and balanced? In this town?

Nope, no way it would be...
Lets be real clear here there is no speaking with the Democratics-Antis as every event is always tilted in their favor.
Why doesn't OFF or the NRA hold a panel? Simple they are just as bad at staying on task without insults as the lefties are. Dominic did a great job and far better then OFF or the NRA would have done. I was actually glad that Kevin from OFF was not there as he has a way of just making us look like aggressive Aholes ( my opinion of course) but I am liking how the Outdoor group is really taking a great intelligent active approach refreshing to see a group be pro-active and not just play defense here like OFF and NRA do.

I'm less prepared but would love to sink a beer.
Nothing is a trap. You are a wild bear -- they better have brought their 44's if they think they're gonna corner you.
sic pacem, para bellum.

Live by the sword... 20180710_225008.jpg

Last Edited:
Welp, I have a feeling when the supreme Court starts enforcing our constitution and Cody starts pumping out his 3d printing plans again gun control is going to be rendered obsolete... Possibly globally so, all of their moral indignation and outrage will amount to nothing.

Once people get a taste of freedom and can breathe without the jackboot of the law stepping on their chest it's hard to go back.

Yearning to breathe free, again, let us try liberty.

The dude on the very right was really difficult to listen to. I thought the priest was very well spoken. Dominic was pretty awesome, handled himself well and answered questions even better.

Kudos to you Dominic. To sit through that and remain calm, cool and collected was no small feat. You can be pleased at yourself for making an honest attempt. Perhaps even the Oregonian made an honest attempt. I think your panel mates were the problem. When you think about it these were not middle of the road people and therefore not much sway in their outlook. With so much invested professionally and financially, these men are not going to admit they are wrong.

Kudos to you Dominic. To sit through that and remain calm, cool and collected was no small feat. You can be pleased at yourself for making an honest attempt. Perhaps even the Oregonian made an honest attempt. I think your panel mates were the problem. When you think about it these were not middle of the road people and therefore not much sway in their outlook. With so much invested professionally and financially, these men are not going to admit they are wrong.

+1 on the excellent job as well. I would have lost it as soon as they went to the "kids" again. All emotion.

Taking nothing away from your excellent performance, I would have hammered the priest on his BS 30,000 gun deaths which is so over-inflated. I would have asked him where he got his numbers since the FBI stats say it is ~10-13K (I can't remember the exact number, but it certainly isn't 30k). They need to be called out on their lies. They need to get embarrassed with their equivalent of "fake news". I'm sorry, 30,000 handgun deaths? Really? Where is that stat from?

Then the crying lady, oh for pete's sake. Next time have a balance number of panelists.

But fine job, Dominic. Well done.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top