JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I almost forgot the Founders only intended the Second Amendment to apply to muskets and could never imagine the weapons we have now argument. Would you say that the First Amendment should only apply to quill and parchment?

I almost forgot the Founders only intended the Second Amendment to apply to muskets and could never imagine the weapons we have now argument. Would you say that the First Amendment should only apply to quill and parchment?

Yeah, TV, radio, PA systems, photocopy machines, and internet simulcasts aren't listed in the 1A.... the dumba$$es. :rolleyes:

Best of luck on the panel "discussion". I would pose the following if given the opportunity and they're actually interested in a dialog vs. pontificating/throwing out talking points:

1) What is your end goal vis-a-vis any ban? How would you achieve that? "Are you willing to go on record to state that is you get X, that you'll be content? And what are your metrics to measure success? What happens if those goals are not met?"
2) Is their objection to firearms the fact it contributes to injury, murder, death, etc.? If so, are they as passionate objecting to distracted driving, DUUI, cancer, etc?
3) Why do you feel you have the right to limit/restrict others from ownership of various items because you're opposed to it? (which loops back to #2)

Do you know exactly what the format is? Where do the questions come from and who asks them? Or is it more of a debate? Or more of a "townhall" format where the audience gets to ask questions too?

And what exactly is your background that they would ask you? Are you in the industry? Forgive me for not knowing who you are if I should.

Best of luck too! Is anyone going to video tape this or will it be broadcast in some format? :)

It seems like it will be a mix of a panel discussion and townhall. We have been provided a few questions in advance but will have questions on the fly from audience members and the moderator, from what I understand.

As for my background, no need to apologize. I'm one of the petitioners that fought IP 43 & 44 in the Oregon Supreme Court, the President of the Oregon Outdoor Council, and contributor to the Salem Statesmen Journal (links below).

Security Check Required
Statesman Journal

It will be live broadcast on The Oregonian's facebook page.

I'd love to sit on one of these.

I'd totally sit there quietly, not interrupt, I wouldn't speak over. Take each beating in stride, and once done I'd simply ask, "Are you done?" Then proceed to answer, if interrupted, I'd stop, wait, and repeat, "Are you done?"

Occasionally, when they let you talk insert, "I'm failing to understand why you allowed me to attend this as a spokesperson as I am more of a attendee than a speaker? Why allow me on stage if only to silence me?"

I'd keep pushing the narrative that they Rarely allow an outside voice, that they are very fascist in their ways of withholding another's ability to discuss anything else but their talking points. I'd also insert the questions of their moral superiority over others.

One thing I can not stand is the "I gotcha" questioning. Where they will interrupt over and over until they get you to answer the way they want you to. I'd never allow it, I'd just reply stating that the question is a "gotcha" question, tell the audience this and answer it as best I could without giving them an inch.

Also if they refuse to answer the question correctly and detour, I'd call them out on it in a way that makes it clear to the audience they refuse to answer a simple question.

Best of luck!

Reno911

No doubt you were invited because of your fight against IP43/44. They probably want to take their anger and frustration out on someone for that. Glad to hear you're prepared going into the lion's den - as I remember for a guy named Daniel a while back, he did just fine ;)

Hope people are on their game, it allot tougher then it seems.
Having met with law makers over these tough issues they know what to use and how to use it.
Think chess and be watching 6-7 moves ahead of any interaction and it will be taken out of context
so choose words wisely. Hope you are a master debater:rolleyes:

Hope people are on their game, it allot tougher then it seems.
Having met with law makers over these tough issues they know what to use and how to use it.
Think chess and be watching 6-7 moves ahead of any interaction and it will be taken out of context
so choose words wisely. Hope you are a master debater:rolleyes:

This made me think of a quote, or something close too it:
"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are they still sh!t all over the board and strut around like they won anyway."

@daiello91 my advice (not that you are asking for it, or need it ;)) is to try to remember that even though the panel may be trying to tear you or your views down, there are people in the crowd or listening in that are willing to hear what you have to say and your responses may change their ideas about guns and gun owners. The other panel speakers may have their minds made up, but if even a few people come away with changed attitudes because of you... Well, that's a win no matter what.

If it was me, I would start off with one paragraph before anything else. Good evening and thank you for inviting me, I look forward to evoking my 1st Amendment rights as I am sure do all of you, to have finally a common sense discussion about the gun issues we face today. Its whats called a reversed version of their play board.

No doubt you were invited because of your fight against IP43/44. They probably want to take their anger and frustration out on someone for that. Glad to hear you're prepared going into the lion's den - as I remember for a guy named Daniel a while back, he did just fine ;)

I would not call it the lions den. More like a swamp filled with leaches and malaria mosquitoes. I would not go in that room without a flame thrower and pack of urologists to perform mass vasectomies.

I would liken him to Jonah.... the animal involved smells the same as what they're dishing out! ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top