JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One more liberal cry came to mind: "Arming teachers is crazy and irresponsible"

That statement brings to mind the picture of a little sweet old schoolmarm who would not hurt a fly being forced to carry a big evil gun under her dress.

Instead say "Allow those school staff members who want to and are vetted then trained to carry protection for their students".

We are talking about allowing people like Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Football coach and Security guard Aaron Feis the ability to be armed. Since the school was a Gun Free Zone, all he could do was use his body to shield his students instead of fighting back.

I'd love to sit on one of these.

I'd totally sit there quietly, not interrupt, I wouldn't speak over. Take each beating in stride, and once done I'd simply ask, "Are you done?" Then proceed to answer, if interrupted, I'd stop, wait, and repeat, "Are you done?"

Occasionally, when they let you talk insert, "I'm failing to understand why you allowed me to attend this as a spokesperson as I am more of a attendee than a speaker? Why allow me on stage if only to silence me?"

I'd keep pushing the narrative that they Rarely allow an outside voice, that they are very fascist in their ways of withholding another's ability to discuss anything else but their talking points. I'd also insert the questions of their moral superiority over others.

One thing I can not stand is the "I gotcha" questioning. Where they will interrupt over and over until they get you to answer the way they want you to. I'd never allow it, I'd just reply stating that the question is a "gotcha" question, tell the audience this and answer it as best I could without giving them an inch.

Also if they refuse to answer the question correctly and detour, I'd call them out on it in a way that makes it clear to the audience they refuse to answer a simple question.

Best of luck!

Reno911
The "Are you done" strategy never worked very well with my ex-wife. It just caused her get more creative with rationalizations. I see anti-gunners in the same light.

Do be careful, this smells like a trap, a way to potentially harm and discredit you and the hard work you have done! I would be very wary of things, and choose your answers carefully! You have a chance to get some serious facts, but you also have a great risk, be careful!
You were a big part of taking down I.P. 43 and the antis are gonna be pizzed and will launch an attack on you any chance they get, their a bunch of sore loosers and they dont take to loosing well!

I've been invited to be a pro-gun panelist as part of The Oregonian's "Conversation on Guns".

Do not use sarcasm or humor, because they have none and your words will be twisted against you.

Take a hour to watch this Oregon public forum to get an idea of what you are in for:
Start at time index 4:40 to skip the into blah blah

I've been invited to be a pro-gun panelist as part of The Oregonian's "Conversation on Guns".

It will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Wednesday 7/11 at the KINK Skype Live Studio, 1210 SW 6th Avenue and live streamed on the Oregon Live Facebook page.

I'm hoping I'm not going to be railroaded by a full panel of gun control advocates, but nonetheless it should be interesting. You're invited to attend or watch live.
I am sure that you have had your share of debates with anti-gun folks as President of OOC. I just wish you the best of luck and would be happy to buy you a beer or many after the debate. Thank you for all that you have done for 2nd Amendment rights.:s0132:

Thanks for all the feedback/advice.

It should be an interesting night. o_O
Join the conversation: Guns, An Oregon conversation

so you are the only pro-gun panelist? good luck, I do not envy you.

Ask why Paul Kemp did not come with their other chief petitioner from Washington DC, the one using the fake name?

Ask how they intended to prove a trigger lock was on the gun at the time of sale so that the prior owner was not responsible for anything that happened to the gun after it was sold for 5 years.

Ask Mark if he is going to refund any of the donations they got after they stopped their IP. Why did they spend 30% of their budget on a Spanish interpreter service

Something I wish our side would do more is recognize the other side comes from a place of ignorance and so does the audience. Treating them like equals in the gun debate is like being a doctor and expecting everyone else to have the same medical knowledge and make policy on it even though they have no clue.

Being polite but pointing out their "experts" ignorance on the technical details then lends more credance to the critique of their policy after. If you focus on the policy and ignore the technical things they get wrong on firearms the ignorant audience will think what they are saying is correct and that they are as much of an expert as you are.

You are the expert, educate them, it might establish you as the conduit of information. And maybe reinforce that people ignorant on a subject shouldn't be creating policy on it.

One thing that frustrated me with Noir is he moved on instead of correcting them on the first question and subsequent questions.

If you dig their arguments fall apart and their ignorance is revealed.

THAT is what people need to see. That the arguments made are based on confusion, ignorance, and lies by people completely clueless on the subject they are addressing.

Good luck. :)

so you are the only pro-gun panelist? good luck, I do not envy you.

Ask why Paul Kemp did not come with their other chief petitioner from Washington DC, the one using the fake name?

I have argued with Paul Kemp face to face. He is a real crap weasel and will claim victim status right off the bat "A gun safe and mandatory reporting would have saved by brother in law". It had been reported that Chris Cates did not report the AR-15 used at Clackamas as missing because he would have lent the rifle to his friend anyway. Best not to go down the rabbit hole with him. The shooter could have borrowed a friends car or stolen one and hurt many more people in the mall parking lot.

Kemp is a true ELMER FUDD and not a avid firearms owner. Just look at the pistol he shoots

Gun-owning group in Oregon advocates for firearm safety

I have argued with Paul Kemp face to face. He is a real crap weasel and will claim victim status right off the bat "A gun safe and mandatory reporting would have saved by brother in law". It had been reported that Chris Cates did not report the AR-15 used at Clackamas as missing because he would have lent the rifle to his friend anyway. Best not to go down the rabbit hole with him. The shooter could have borrowed a friends car or stolen one and hurt many more people in the mall parking lot.

Kemp is a true ELMER FUDD and not a avid firearms owner. Just look at the pistol he shoots

Gun-owning group in Oregon advocates for firearm safety

Oh, I know that no one there will have any logic to their comments, they will all be driven by emotion, and will not care no matter how wrong they are. Just like prozanski, they feel that no one has the right to an opinion unless they suffered the same tragedy they did.
what "gun group" is he a part of?

@daiello91 needs combat pay to go to this thing

Oh, I know that no one there will have any logic to their comments, they will all be driven by emotion, and will not care no matter how wrong they are. Just like prozanski, they feel that no one has the right to an opinion unless they suffered the same tragedy they did.
what "gun group" is he a part of?

@daiello91 needs combat pay to go to this thing

None would take Kemp so he started his own Gun Owners for Responsible Ownership or "GOFRO".

Or we could all join Annual Membership | Oregon Outdoor Council

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top