JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been invited to be a pro-gun panelist as part of The Oregonian's "Conversation on Guns".

It will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Wednesday 7/11 at the KINK Skype Live Studio, 1210 SW 6th Avenue and live streamed on the Oregon Live Facebook page.

I'm hoping I'm not going to be railroaded by a full panel of gun control advocates, but nonetheless it should be interesting. You're invited to attend or watch live.
Watched and heard the whole thing. You are the most rational panelist. The Rev, marbles loose, missing IMO

Last Edited:
Exactly and with no false ludicrous statements and off topic comparisons like they did when they could not answer a question.

Yup, calm and to the point. This is the leader so many here have been asking for.

Now go support his bubblegum and contribute to OOC!

I don't think you are the next Messiah, but you represent us well and you keep calm under pressure with an iron clad focus on the topics at hand. You represent us better than most could. I've got your six, Sir.
Stayed ice cool and left no opening for attack . Much better than I could ever do under that pressure .he was far out numbered.

so you are the only pro-gun panelist? good luck, I do not envy you.

Ask why Paul Kemp did not come with their other chief petitioner from Washington DC, the one using the fake name?

Ask how they intended to prove a trigger lock was on the gun at the time of sale so that the prior owner was not responsible for anything that happened to the gun after it was sold for 5 years.

Ask Mark if he is going to refund any of the donations they got after they stopped their IP. Why did they spend 30% of their budget on a Spanish interpreter service

Kemp said all new guns come with trigger locks .I've bought many guns with no trigger locks on them or with them .

Now we just need to pair him with a powerful female panelist to emphasize the self-defense side of the argument.

The only pro gun Statement I heard from the audience was a woman . The petitioners were totally down playing the intent and effect that Ip43 and 44 would have had .Also minimizing what they were asking for.

Last Edited:
Kemp said all new guns come with trigger locks .I've bought many guns with no trigger locks on them or with them .

One of the pawn stores in Portland said that, as they read the law, every pistol in Oregon is supposed to be sold with a trigger lock. So they required you have or buy a trigger lock if you were purchasing a used pistol. If you did not have one, they would sell you the most useless crap one they had for $2 so that they would feel they were within the requirements of the law. I kept it in the car and when I purchased there I would show them I still had it. It was a useless lock too. I toddler could break it in half if they tried.

I have not been able to find the law that they said requires this though.

I have bought pistols without locks included either.

MVIMG_20180303_113953.jpg My Glock 19 X came with a cable lock but that's the only one

Last Edited:
The only pro gun Statement I heard from the audience was a woman . The petitioners were totally down playing the intent and effect that Ip43 and 44 would have had .Oslo minimizing what they were asking for.

I doubt they know what their own IP's said. They had them written for them and were probably given a 30 second overview of what it "did." Chief petitioners who dont write their own stuff are only puppets.

I've been invited to be a pro-gun panelist as part of The Oregonian's "Conversation on Guns".

It will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Wednesday 7/11 at the KINK Skype Live Studio, 1210 SW 6th Avenue and live streamed on the Oregon Live Facebook page.

I'm hoping I'm not going to be railroaded by a full panel of gun control advocates, but nonetheless it should be interesting. You're invited to attend or watch live.
How did it go down?

Yup, calm and to the point. This is the leader so many here have been asking for.

Now go support his bubblegum and contribute to OOC!

That's exactly what I was thinking. We need someone that can stand up to these folks, no matter how irrational they are, and come out of it making us look like the rational, logical and reasonable ones. OOC definitely gets my support. And honestly, I'd like to see them branch out more to general firearms advocacy, because he's good at it. I'm anticipating he's preparing to go before the legislature in 2019 when they try to pass the next round of anti-gun BS.

Now we just need to pair him with a powerful female panelist to emphasize the self-defense side of the argument.

The only pro gun Statement I heard from the audience was a woman . The petitioners were totally down playing the intent and effect that Ip43 and 44 would have had .Also minimizing what they were asking for.

This was the exact point I was going to bring up if able to ask my question. There were a bunch of moms demand action people there, and I do get where some of those women are coming from, but what about moms who are pro-gun. Did they take into account the hundreds, probably thousands of Oregon women who would be handicapped by their petitions when it came to defending their own children? I wish the woman who asked her question had been a little more specific, really drive home the point that bad guys are not limited to 10 rounds, why should she as a woman and law-abiding citizen be given a disadvantage when it comes to defending her own life. The focus on hunting was a little silly to me; let's hear from a woman who has used a pistol in a defensive situation (or man for that matter) and how their proposed legislation would have affected them.

This was the exact point I was going to bring up if able to ask my question. There were a bunch of moms demand action people there, and I do get where some of those women are coming from,

I was wondering if that would happen after seeing it was sold out. Most likely someone got a large block of tickets (or were gifted them...). They like to flood areas with their Tshirts, and 'reserve' front row seats at hearings in Salem (even though it is against the rules).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top