JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been invited to be a pro-gun panelist as part of The Oregonian's "Conversation on Guns".

It will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Wednesday 7/11 at the KINK Skype Live Studio, 1210 SW 6th Avenue and live streamed on the Oregon Live Facebook page.

I'm hoping I'm not going to be railroaded by a full panel of gun control advocates, but nonetheless it should be interesting. You're invited to attend or watch live.

download.jpg

Wear skinny jeans, flip flops, a hemp shirt, and a good dousing of patchouli oil....

That will confuse the crap out of them!!!!!!;):p

Will this be an equal panel? Will the opposition admit they believe it is reasonable to suppress someone's civil right to protection under the 2A? My guess is no on both issues. Good luck.

Do you know exactly what the format is? Where do the questions come from and who asks them? Or is it more of a debate? Or more of a "townhall" format where the audience gets to ask questions too?

And what exactly is your background that they would ask you? Are you in the industry? Forgive me for not knowing who you are if I should.

Best of luck too! Is anyone going to video tape this or will it be broadcast in some format? :)

Personally I'm done talking, but I wish you well if you're willing to try.

Don't let them filibuster you. It's a favorite tactic to spout talking points over you to silence and possibly frustrate you into a mistake. I'm not sure how you beat that particular tactic, but speak the truth as best you can and outclass the field. I'll try and listen in.

Perhaps you could open carry a Desert Eagle or a 10" Super Blackhawk or something similar just for the reactions. If you do please have a friend record the reactions for the NWFA Saturday Matinee.

I've been invited to be a pro-gun panelist as part of The Oregonian's "Conversation on Guns".

It will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Wednesday 7/11 at the KINK Skype Live Studio, 1210 SW 6th Avenue and live streamed on the Oregon Live Facebook page.

I'm hoping I'm not going to be railroaded by a full panel of gun control advocates, but nonetheless it should be interesting. You're invited to attend or watch live.

Here are some talking points for you:

Control the vocabulary and you can control the conversation.

To them Gun = Bad, so say "Protection" instead. Suddenly Gun Control and a Gun Free Zone become undesirable. Remember 99% of mass shootings occur in Protection Free Zones.

Speaking of Bad, Penny from Ceasefire Oregon loves to say "You can only have three bullets for hunting deer, why is it ok to have 30 for hunting humans". Which is of course ridiculous, because you cannot get a permit to do a damn illegal thing!

If someone already owns a firearm, why should their be a waiting period if they want to buy another one? Also, government delays in purchasing protection occasionally gets innocent people killed
New Jersey Woman Stabbed to Death by Ex While Waiting for Gun Permit

On Universal Background Checks: If you and I have guns and want to trade some firearms, what exactly is the Background Check there for? Isn't the UBC just a sneaky way to register every firearm even though that is against Federal Law?

But you need a license to drive and have to register your car, why not do the same for guns?

Actually, if you only drive the vehicle on private property, you don't need either. Registration is a tax for the roads and you only need a license to drive in public, just like you only need a Concealed Handgun License to carry in public.

On safe storage: We can all agree that young children should not have access to loaded firearms, however do not extend such laws and penalties to those who do not live with prohibited persons or children. If a criminal breaks in through the locked door to your house and steals your car keys, then you should not be held responsible for the damage they cause with your vehicle. Therefore if my house is locked and a criminal steals a firearm from an unlocked drawer, I should not be on the hook for its misuse for then next five years.

Raise the purchase age for firearms to 21? I have links to news reports on thirty separate incidents over the past ten years of successful defensive gun uses by minor children.
12-Year-Old Girl Shoots Intruder During Home Invasion In Bryan County

Over thirty if you count "kids" under the age of 21.
Blanchard woman shoots, kills intruder

AR does not stand for Assault Rifle. An AR-15 is just a semi-automatic rifle like any other. Real "Assault Rifles" are used by the actual military and not available to the general public despite what is shown on TV and the movies.

Red Flag or confiscation laws without follow-up mental health services are useless
https://www.statesmanjournal.com/st...th-causing-lockdown-michael-fisher/304220002/

Finally, criminals don't follow gun laws. Criminals will get or make their own guns no matter what.
L.A. gangs stockpile untraceable 'ghost guns' that members make themselves

Make sure to HUMANIZE gun owners! Tell them.. look.. its very disingenuous to, everytime the latest gun control gets any opposition, say that its this heartless boogeyman "the gun lobby" "it was those NRA monsters", no, its regular everyday people, real human beings just like you who feel the same feelings you do, in general, want the same things you do. Gun owners are 99% responsible, law abiding, GOOD PEOPLE. "the gun lobby" is a great way to de humanize this issue, when really, saying "the gun lobby" is code for regular everyday good people.

If I was you, I would ask them this question. Because I genuinely really want an answer to it..

From the perspective of a gun owners, especially with the rhetoric directed towards them, things like IP43 look to be nothing more then a PUNISHMENT for gun owners. Because lets face it, in reality 99.9% of the effect a law like that would have would be to restrict the rights of everyday good people. I would argue that it would do next to nothing to accomplish its stated goal.

What is really amazing to me is that gun control activists talk all day about the safety of children and how they deserve to feel safe in schools, ok great, we can obviously all agree that we need our kids to be safe in school. But what is really telling to be is that there are things we CAN do, things that we can do to PHYSICALLY LITERALLY stop school shootings before they ever happen,
metal detectors
restrict acess to certain entrances during school hours, so someone can see whoever is meaning to enter the school and decide to grant or deny entrance. There is a very simple system like this at my sons elementary school.
armed and trained guards and or teachers

When you combine the rhetoric of the anti gun activists, their complete lack of knowledge of that facts reguarding firearms and the clear unwillingness to do even the slightest research on the topic of firearms, before campaigning to do what, more then anything will punish good people.

I mean, you guys dont want to, EVEN IN THE MEANTIME put measures in place to PHYSICALLY protect our schools. Your number 1 goal seems to be to punish gun owners. From the perspective of anyone with a knowledge of firearms this is what it looks like.

Ok, so you want to restrict guns? fine, campaign of that I guess. But why is it that, you do not want to protect our schools with measures that would PHYSICALLY prevent school shootings. Campaigning to restrict peoples constitutional rights its no doubt going to take atleast some amount of time, why do you not even in the MEANTIME want to take other steps to literally stop these tragedys from occuring.

To anyone with even a tiny bit of intellectual honesty, the main goal seems to be to dehumanize gun owners in the media, and then do what you can to punish them with new laws, which have little to no effect on preventing school shootings.

you could also tell them that less then 400 people a year are killed by rifles of ANY kind.

You are literally more likely to be struck by lightning then struck by the bullet of an ar15.

Remind them that the "assault rifles" you can buy at the local gun shop are firearms that were designed SPECIFICALLY for civillian use, literally designed for sporting use. To call them millitary weapons just flat isnt true.

Remind them that IP43 would have banned firearms that are some of the only ones designed in a way that small framed people, women, people with arthritis or weak hands would be able to manipulate properly.

If there is someone who wishes to do harm to you or your loved ones, and they are close enough to see, there is no combination of buttons you can press on your smartphone that can prevent that criminal from getting to you.

The police get there AFTER the rape, assault, murder. Not before.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads